Mon, Sep 23, 9:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:56 am)

Subject: **Most Asked Poser Questions**

Vigne33 ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2012 at 4:23 PM

Quote - One question?

I have received Poser 9 DVD and I installed the software yesterday. I can open the application, but strangely I do not see the Library Palette on the right, in the pose window there is a skeleton, and  the figure is andy2. I am completely lost, why the Library palette is not visible  to select a character? On the DVD there are probably a lot of items….
I  have obtained free Antonia standard from Runtime DNA and Victoria base  4.2. I need the library palette first to import these files…I need help…
Thanks a lot if you could explain to me how to work with Poser.

Photobucket

DarrenUK ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 3:28 AM

on the far right at above the figure name is an icon that looks like a number of circles with figures in, click on that.

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

Vigne33 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 4:34 AM

Hi DarrenUK,

Thanks a lot, I clicked on the icon and it appeared 2 folders 1 with Poser 9 and then all sub folders with vehicle, people, etc and a second one Download which is empty. I got that all these folders are the library given by Poser 9, Wonderfulllll.

On the top right of the new windows there is an folder icon with a guy walking and entitled add library, what do I do? I left click for adding library?

Thank you for your patience I do not want to do wrong...

Robert

Photobucket

Vigne33 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 4:37 AM

Hi DarrenUK,

Thanks a lot, I clicked on the icon and it appeared 2 folders 1 with Poser 9 and then all sub folders with vehicle, people, etc and a second one Download which is empty. I got that all these folders are the library given by Poser 9, Wonderfulllll.

On the top right of the new windows there is an folder icon with a guy walking and entitled add library, what do I do? I left click for adding library?

Thank you for your patience I do not want to do wrong...

Robert

Photobucket

DarrenUK ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 9:23 AM

the poser 9 folder is one "runtime folder", the "downloads" is another that you can add stuff you have downloaded to. Some people install stuff just into the main poser runtime, although this makes it harder to find things as the amount content you download increases.

The folder icon with the man running on it is for adding additional runtimes that you have created to the library eg Poser 9, Downloads, Renderosity Content, Daz Content, whatever you like.

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

Vigne33 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2012 at 9:52 AM

I got your explanations.

I could load figures from Poser 9 library. I loaded Kate 2 figure from Poser 9 library, a nice girl. But now my problem, I have the first skeletton Andy 2 already present when I opened Poser 9 plus my Figure Kate 2. What I have to do, work with the skeletton which have the selected pose Run10 of Kate2 and the figure? I am confused....Then I stop for to day, I need rest...My brain is rendering as a beginner of Renderosity...

Robert

Photobucket

DarrenUK ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2012 at 3:04 AM

Andy is just the default character, if it's Kate you want to use, then click on the Andy figure and press delete. Then load Kate.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2012 at 11:02 AM

Is it possible to add Walk Designer support for V4 and M4?

can a pose or light file delete specific lights, if I specify lights by name?

Interface questions

can i make the ui Dots default to Camera?  general pref don't seem to save UI dots prefs.

can i create another docking column?  I'm already using 3 columns.
I'd like to keep the Heirarchy window open in it's own colum.

Thanks.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2012 at 1:42 PM

Quote - Is it possible to add Walk Designer support for V4 and M4?

Yes, see the relevant items by Nerd3D -> http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/artistlist?artist=1639

Quote - can a pose or light file delete specific lights, if I specify lights by name?

No, a pose file could probably selectively turn lights on or off.
Light file behaviour is controlled by a preference (choice of whether current lights are turned of or not).

Quote - can i make the ui Dots default to Camera?  general pref don't seem to save UI dots prefs.

Not unless the selected tab is specified/specifiable in the relevant UI XML file.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2012 at 2:04 PM

Thanks for the linkie ! 😄

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

lisalamadrid ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 11:00 AM

I have a question about putting downloads into the downloads folders. 

I have a character that I downloaded for genesis, it came as a two part down load. I placed them in seperate folders on my desktop. When I looked into them they both have obj. files. 

So do I just drop them in the same folder I created under the downloads, (character~genesis)?

Thank you for keeping us newbies from going insane.

lisalamadrid ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 11:52 AM

Oh crap I accidently deleted my downloads folder, is there a way to get it back?

I am using Poser 8, and I'm on a Mac 0XS (macbook pro)

Help ASAP please.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 12:52 PM

Quote - Oh crap I accidently deleted my downloads folder, is there a way to get it back?

I am using Poser 8, and I'm on a Mac 0XS (macbook pro)

Help ASAP please.

do you mean you removed your d/l runtime from Poser library?  or you deleted from your hard drive?

lisalamadrid ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 1:56 PM

From the library, but I copied it from my Applications and then put it back into the library. 

But I don't know what subfolder to put cloths in, also where do you put morphs. 

What goes in the Materials folder?

Yes I am talking about the Downloads folder,

Thanks,

Lisa

Vially ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 1:02 PM

I have a question...

Why is Poser Pro 2010 not mentioned in any of these posts or questions, or how to's, or...

I asked because I found a super-fantastic deal on it, and upraged from Poser 7... But everything I see, on here is Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, 2012?

Was it really so bad it was quickly forgotten as a release?

CraigarJ ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 3:52 PM

In many forums this "Most Asked Questions"  is helpful to save tiime and avoid repitition.

As a new member of this forum I read the first 8 entries and have concluded "Most Asked Poser Questions" is no more than light-hearted fun.  If that's your goal, you've succeeded.

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 4:21 PM

Quote - In many forums this "Most Asked Questions"  is helpful to save tiime and avoid repitition.

That was the original intention with this thread, but as it was left open to general posting, it didn't work out that way.

Lacplesis ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2012 at 9:54 PM

Here's one. In Poser 6 somehow I've changed the background color in the user interface from the default grey to black. Now I cannot see various control buttons, ie. UI dots, cameras, lights, etc. How do you change the back to grey? 

ElZagna ( ) posted Fri, 09 March 2012 at 9:02 AM

Quote - As a new member of this forum I read the first 8 entries and have concluded "Most Asked Poser Questions" is no more than light-hearted fun.  If that's your goal, you've succeeded.

I've found that it's pretty common in all forums for the first few responses to be light-hearted in nature. Just keep reading.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 09 March 2012 at 9:48 AM

Quote - Here's one. In Poser 6 somehow I've changed the background color in the user interface from the default grey to black. Now I cannot see various control buttons, ie. UI dots, cameras, lights, etc. How do you change the back to grey? 

Select the Paint Bucket tool and click on the background, as I recall. You might need to hold down opt(Mac)/Alt(Win) while doing so.

ElZagna ( ) posted Fri, 09 March 2012 at 10:57 AM

Q: Some poses (*.pz2) will pose Vickie but not her conforming clothes and hair leaving the poor girl stranded, bald and naked. Moving any body part just a smidgen snaps everything back on and makes her decent again. What’s going on there?

A: All poses should end with these lines of code:

figure<br></br>
     {<br></br>
     }

I have a macro in Notepad++ (my text editor) that adds the missing lines if necessary, but it would be nice if someone more knowledgeable in Python would write a script for that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.