Tue, Oct 22, 12:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: FATAL ERROR importing from POSER Pro 2012 to VUE 10.

Imaginatos ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 5:33 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:57 AM

When I import ready file saved in POSER PRO 2012 to newest VUE 10 I have that errors as below:

Skin of V4 and even the torch have a gravelly, damaged, bad surface.

In VUE I use this options about POSER import:

For my it's a serious problem because I have a lot of POSER files which I need import to newest VUE 10.

With that big errors/bugs import from POSER Pro 2012 to VUE is very problematic.

Is anybody who have this same error in VUE ?

Is a peniciline for this weighty bug ?

Of course I finished my work in VUE 10 which is in my Gallery here:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2289132

but I applied 'super-personal-confidential hot-trick' with this Poser file when I imported to VUE.

Without this my 'hot-trick' all importing options always wrong worked - independently of changes in VUE options.

And independently of Poser version where I saved ready file.

File saved in Poser Pro 2012 have this same bug effect in VUE 10 as my oldie files saved in Poser Pro (oldie version signed number 7).

Because both version of POSER worked wrong with VUE 10 therefore problem is in VUE 10...probably.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 6:36 AM · edited Fri, 13 January 2012 at 6:50 AM

What are your import options?  Poser materials checked or no?  By the way, that is not a FATAL ERROR.  Fatal errors get cancelled by the OS.

What was your hot trick?  Point to another version of Poser?  Or overlay SkinVue Elite on her?  Or did you manually turn off the bumps for each material zone?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

cyberknight1133 ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 10:15 AM

It's probably your bump map settings. It shows up in the dialogue popup evertime you import a Poser file. Make the number smaller. I think mine is set for -.0005. The minus is because bumpmaps for Vue and Poser are opposite.

Imaginatos ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 12:48 AM

THANKS for all answers ! :)

Of course this error is in BUMP CONVERSION RATIO in VUE 10.

I'm not pay attention to small detail when imported POSER files.

In old version my VUE default value is:

In new VUE 10 default value is:

WHY ? What for ? :(

My problem is solved. Maybe this my post be useful to others.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 12:51 AM

It should remember the last setting you use.  I'm using .002.  Sometimes with a "-" depending on how the content was made.

offrench ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2012 at 2:47 AM

It does not seem to be ONLY a problem of bump map settings.

Look more closely at the arms or leg of V4: the bump map is not properly aligned (or, more likely, oriented) with the character.

Fantasy pictures, free 3d models, 3d tutorials and seamless textures on Virtual Lands.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 7:56 PM

So does this mean that Vue 10 WILL import Poser 9/2012 without any issue (other than a setting), or do you still need to point to an old versions SDK?

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 8:01 PM

Vue 10 Infinite 64-bit has a new SDK just for Poser9/2012 importing.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 9:40 PM

That's good to know!  Is it for Infinite 64 Bit only, or do you not know?

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 10:33 PM · edited Sat, 28 January 2012 at 10:46 PM

E-on's marketing department is always ambiguous.  The manual states: 

Poser SDK from August 2011: This one supports PoserPro 2012. For 64-bit versions only.

Most Poser users on Renderosity have Poser 9 and 64-bit systems.  So they don't have to worry about guessing.  I'm using 32-bit and Poser 6.  So I can't test for sure.

You didn't say which Vue 10 you plan to get.  Call E-on first before buying is all I can say.  Then get a second opinion from another E-on employee.

I do know that older SDKs will not make full use of Poser 9 or 2012, if at all.  Lots of complaining at C3D by Vue 9 (pick a product) people upgrading from Poser 8 to 9.  The new Poser 9 weight mapping is kind of a big deal.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 11:44 PM

Yea, I am on P9 64-bit as well.  I was thinking of just trying out Vue with the $39 Frontier deal they are having, since its so cheap. 

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 11:55 PM · edited Sun, 29 January 2012 at 12:00 AM

Better than that.  Download the Vue 10 Infinite PLE version and play all you want with Poser.  Vue 10 Frontier needs the Import module in order to use Poser fully.  And we still don't know from e-on if it supports beyond Poser 8/2010 or not.  E-on loves it when customers buy products thinking they can do something with it and it turns out they can't.  You can always get your money back, though.  It would be great though if e-on flat out stated what their products can and can't do, instead of speaking in platitudes (yes, we can! nonsense).

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 10:07 AM

I posted a pre-sales question on E-On to see what they say, asking about the Esprit version.  Waiting on a reply.  Thanks for the tips!  In the meantime I am wathing the "learning" videos on Geekatplay

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 3:20 PM · edited Sun, 29 January 2012 at 3:21 PM

So, I am very impatient, and took a chance, and happy to report, Vue 10 Frontier DOES import Poser 9 PZ3 without issue that I can find. (Win 7 64 bit machine)

Here is a figure imported and thrown on a terrain, sky and tree...obviously I am no good yet at Vue...but...  ;-)

EDIT:  Oh, and it started with a default bump of -0.008!  :)

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 5:05 PM

Which SDK did you choose when configuring Vue to use Poser?

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 7:57 PM · edited Sun, 29 January 2012 at 8:00 PM

file_478032.jpg

The August 2011 one

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 10:26 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.