Sun, Sep 22, 12:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Download of the Poser 4 Horse itself

VerlSnake ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 11:24 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

Hello Poser Community !

I badly need the Poser 4 Horse ! For the legacy DAZ Horse Carousel !

Grateful I would be if someone made the Poser 4 Horse available to me !

TIA for doing that !

VerlSnake

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 11:33 AM

The horse comes as legacy content in every version of Poser. If you have Poser you'll have the horse somewhere.

It would not be legal for someone to pass it on to you.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 11:41 AM

If you own Poser, you should have it as "legacy content."  Even Poser Pro 2012 has the old Poser 4 horse included.  (You may have to change it from .crz to .cr2 format.)

If you do not own Poser, I don't think there's any way to get the Poser 4 horse.

Zygote was giving away the OBJ of the horse as free stuff, but it's just the OBJ.  It's not pose-able, and probably wouldn't work in the carousel.

VerlSnake ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 11:42 AM

Hello Phil !

I have Poser Pro installed; and additionally several Poser Legacy Content Packs; but alone: The P4 Horse has NEVER been installed on my machine.

So I've searched high and low for the P4 Horse ! And got aware that I'm not alone with this search ... Others have already given up to ever get access to the P4 horse ...

If there a legal issues to make this old horse available: Does it perhaps make sense to contact SmithMicro - the owner company of Poser - directly ?

Cheers and Tschüss

Kai

Medzinatar ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 1:00 PM

I just looked in my installation.  I find it in Figures-->Animals-->Poser Originals

VerlSnake ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 1:10 PM

file_475605.png

One more addition to clarify things: - The only Poser Horse which can be found in my installation is under "Poser 7 - Animals": - K:ProgrammePoser ProRuntimelibrariesCharacterPoser 7AnimalsHorse.obz - K:ProgrammeSmith MicroPoser ProRuntimelibrariesCharacterPoser 7AnimalsHorse.crz

This Poser Horse CAN be used with the DAZ Carousel; BUT: It doesn't work properly !

See the Screen Shot of the DAZ Carousel Rocker in the file attached to this thread.

I would be quite sad if I can't use the legacy DAZ Carousel properly ! Therefore, I will probably contact SmithMicro and point them to this thread !

Thanks for Your efforts !

Kai

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 3:43 PM · edited Fri, 25 November 2011 at 3:44 PM

I think you have to go to the Smith Micro website and download the legacy content. You will need your serial number to do that.

http://poser.smithmicro.com/content_update.html

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 3:53 PM

There's apparently a problem even if you download the legacy content.  Not sure if the problem is they changed the horse model, left it out, or the file or compression is bad.

Bugging SM about it might be the best thing to do, though I don't know if they'll actually do anything about it.  SM basically just put up the files EF left them.  I don't think fixing them is a priority.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 4:11 PM

The Poser horse has been successfully galloping round Poser for many many years. If another application fails to read it correctly then maybe the fault is in that application not the horse.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 4:21 PM · edited Fri, 25 November 2011 at 5:04 PM

But the DAZ Carousel does work with older versions of Poser.  I have it and I've used it. 

This thread explains some of the issues:

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=126581

Everything from corrupt files to .crz instead of .cr2 files.

edited by JenX to make link live

3dactor ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 11:59 AM

The most intersting aspect of this thread is not that the Poser 4 Horse is not included with the latest versions of Poser( as it is), but that Daz sells a product that for the bulk of its geometry uses  an obj that is included with Poser. Nothing like paying for somethign twice.

I am wondering if maybe the Poser 4 horse was not included with Poser 7. Which it appers you are using. Maybe it was not. I think there was another horse included in that release.

With the latest releases of Poser 9 and Pro 2012 Smith Micro has cleaned up and reorganized the legacy content breaking them into seperate installers and fixing bad links, missing geometry etc. That has been plaguing some pieces for quite some time. As far as I know they did not actully update the rigs, textures, objs, of this old content. so that they should all still work fine with existing supporting 3rd party content.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 1:02 PM

It would be great news if that's true.  There was something wrong with the legacy content before.  The horse wasn't right.  Dunno if it was a corrupt file or what, but it didn't work right.  If they've finally fixed it, hallelujah.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 5:00 PM

"Nothing like paying for somethign twice."

I'm confused.  What exactly are you paying for twice? Is DAZ selling the horse or is the carousel included with Poser?

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

VerlSnake ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 5:25 PM

The DAZ Horse Carousel
    1. is a legacy item which is NOT sold anymore by DAZ
    2. does need the legacy P4 Horse; which was probably never sold by DAZ itself ...

Since I own the legacy DAZ Horse Carousel and still like it, I created this thread ...

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 5:32 PM · edited Tue, 31 January 2012 at 5:34 PM

I think you used a later (Poser 7) horse.  Download and install the legacy content (if you have a valid Poser 8+ serial, the legacy pack is free).  In public documents, try Poser 8 content:runtime:libraries:character:Poser 1-5:additional figures:animals

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 7:00 PM

I just looked in PP2012, and there are two horses; one under AnimalsPets of 818 kB, and one under AnimalsPoser Originals of 14.2 kB...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 9:40 PM

I have P7 and Poser Pro (plus later versions) on at least one of my workstations, and I seem to recall getting a legacy content pack for P7, specifically to get the P4 horse and both the nude and dressed versions of Don & Judy (P5 dolls).  I don't know if it's still available.

Poser 12, in feet.  

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

SteveJax ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 10:35 PM

Let me just address this notion of "I have to pay for something twice". No sir, you don't. The DAZ Legacy Carousel is a support item for the Poser 4 horse, much like you would buy clothing items for a specific figure. When you buy clothing for Don, Judy, Jessi or James, you're not entitled to the figure if you don't already own it. The same applies in this instance.

There are still two places for Legacy content if you have a valid serial number:

For the Poser 4 Horse you would need the Poser 6 Legacy Content available here:
http://poser.smithmicro.com/content_update.html

The same downloads are also still available here:
http://support.contentparadise.com/updates/index.html

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 5:13 AM

Quote - I have P7 and Poser Pro (plus later versions) on at least one of my workstations, and I seem to recall getting a legacy content pack for P7, specifically to get the P4 horse and both the nude and dressed versions of Don & Judy (P5 dolls).  I don't know if it's still available.

The problem was that there was something wrong with the legacy content package e-Frontier offered.  It wasn't complete.  There were things missing.  The horse was a different version, not the original P4 horse, and it was in .crz format, not .cr2.  SmithMicro just left the same legacy content up for a long time.  Sounds like they've finally gotten around to fixing it.

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 8:31 AM

Both of the PP2012 horses are crzs, but that's merely a compressed cr2...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

VerlSnake ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 10:14 AM

What I have just done is:

• Downloaded a trial version of Poser Debut from the SmithMicro website; because for Poser Pro 2012 and Poser 9 I couldn't find trial versions
  • In the Poser Debut content dir, there IS a dir 'RuntimeGeometrieshorseHi'; it contains the file 'horseHiP3.obz'; which I have unzipped to the file 'horseHiP3.obj'
  • Loaded the legacy DAZ Full Horse Carousel into DAZ Studio
  • When asked for the file 'horseHiP3.obj', located it in the dir above

And voila: Eventually the legacy DAZ Horse Carousel HAS the correct P4 Horse geometry to make it seemingly function correctly ! Hallelujah !

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 10:37 AM

I think "horseHiP3.obj" is it, because what the community commonly refers to as the P4 horse actually was introduced in Poser 3.  It's a remarkably good model/rigging,  considering.  I still prefer it for animation sequences over the Millenium Horse.

Poser 12, in feet.  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.