Sun, Sep 22, 6:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: DAZ to make a "game-changing" announcement

KimberlyC ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:14 PM · edited Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:14 PM

Khai, it means everyone.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:15 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - guys, don't start. Stay on the subject.

good. your going to tell vintorix to stop being an ass and provoking everyone. it's been a long time coming...

This ^

I don't appreciate my reply being removed but I understand why.

Thank you Sam. :)

Klebnor ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:16 PM · edited Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:17 PM

We have been thinking outside the box, trying to create a win-win situation for our entire user base by giving 110% and maximizing the effect of best practices.  At the end of the day, we welcome the coming paradigm shift while harvesting the low hanging fruit of synergy.  Going forward, we intend to push the envelope of web 2.0, combining our value proposition with the well known 80/20 rule and creating a new paradigm which will allow us to take our business to the next level by maximizing customer satisfaction while remaining true to our core competency.  We will not drop the ball, as a leading provider of 3d animation tools, but will bring our A-game so that, at the end of the day, we can all spend more time with our families as the seamless integration of our scalable, best of breed Eco-friendly software brings value to the table and maximizes the leverage of our robust system integration.  Our announcement will demonstrate our ability to hit the ground running with a true 24/7, client centric value proposition while our competitors drink the kool aid.  The bottom line is that we will manage expectations by being a change agent through actionable multi-tasking in this highly competitive market.  This bold, strategic move will make us the 800 pound gorilla with a six sigma, market driven success story centered on the ipod of the 3d industry.   In short, we intend to go viral as we become more granular; put a stake in the ground and integrate a bar raising industry standard which all after us will aspire to.

Or not.

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

imax24 ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:19 PM · edited Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:20 PM

Ut-oh. Flame followed by angry retort. Warning light blinks on some mod's radar. Look how many posts we've gone, just making silly speculations and having a good time. Let's go for the record number of posts for a Daz-related thread before it's shut down!

Edit: As I was typing this Kimberly made three warning posts. Yikes.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:20 PM

Quote - We have been thinking outside the box, trying to create a win-win situation for our entire user base by giving 110% and maximizing the effect of best practices.  At the end of the day, we welcome the coming paradigm shift while harvesting the low hanging fruit of synergy.  Going forward, we intend to push the envelope of web 2.0, combining our value proposition with the well known 80/20 rule and creating a new paradigm which will allow us to take our business to the next level by maximizing customer satisfaction while remaining true to our core competency.  We will not drop the ball, as a leading provider of 3d animation tools, but will bring our A-game so that, at the end of the day, we can all spend more time with our families as the seamless integration of our scalable, best of breed Eco-friendly software brings value to the table and maximizes the leverage of our robust system integration.  Our announcement will demonstrate our ability to hit the ground running with a true 24/7, client centric value proposition while our competitors drink the kool aid.  The bottom line is that we will manage expectations by being a change agent through actionable multi-tasking in this highly competitive market.  This bold, strategic move will make us the 800 pound gorilla with a six sigma, market driven success story centered on the ipod of the 3d industry.   In short, we intend to go viral as we become more granular; put a stake in the ground and integrate a bar raising industry standard which all after us will aspire to.

Or not.

You've been talking to my ex-boss, haven't you? gag

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:21 PM

Quote - Ut-oh. Flame followed by angry retort. Warning light blinks on some mod's radar. Look how many posts we've gone, just making silly speculations and having a good time. Let's go for the record number of posts for a Daz-related thread before it's shut down!

Edit: As I was typing this Kimberly made three warning posts. Yikes.

This time (incredibly) it has naught to do with Daz.

Laurie

imax24 ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:24 PM

Kiebnor, your stab at a corporate press release reminds me of a paper I wrote once in college. I wrote 1,000 words without saying a damn thing. But I didn't tell my professor ahead of time that it was gonna knock his socks off.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 5:11 PM

Bird watchers report a sudden disappearance of crows from the Draper UT area. Paranoids speculate that the birds are being cooked to provide meals for hapless hordes who misunderestimated local company. Fool me once, fool me twice, we won't get fooled again.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Klebnor ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 5:36 PM

Quote - You've been talking to my ex-boss, haven't you? gag

Laurie

I AM your ex-boss!  Muwahaha!

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 6:55 PM · edited Tue, 31 January 2012 at 6:56 PM

Quote - > Quote - You've been talking to my ex-boss, haven't you? gag

Laurie

I AM your ex-boss!  Muwahaha!

Klebnor

Hi @#&%$@@!!!!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 7:05 PM

Well, Klebnor once said his screen name is his real name backwards.  I'm sure you'd remember working for someone called Nor Kleb.  ;)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 7:24 PM

Klebnor, with the ability to speak like that, what the heck are you doing here? You should be a 10 term elected official somewhere in the western world!!!! :blink:

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 10:44 PM

Quote - Bird watchers report a sudden disappearance of crows from the Draper UT area. Paranoids speculate that the birds are being cooked to provide meals for hapless hordes who misunderestimated local company. Fool me once, fool me twice, we won't get fooled again.

Sorry, but crows ain't really native to the area. Now seagulls...

SteveJax ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 11:12 PM

To steal a line from Ferris Bueller... "Are you still here?!? Go Home! It's Over!!"

Dajadues ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 12:25 AM

No news is good news?

imax24 ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 1:13 AM

Quote - No news is good news?

Nah, they're using the discussion in the Daz forum to help determine how to break the news, whatever it is. That was probably the whole point of announcing the announcement, to take the temperature of their membership. 

Klebnor ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 6:58 AM

Quote - Hi @#&%$@@!!!!

That's MR. @#&%$@@!!!!, to you!

;}

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:13 AM

Quote - > Quote - Hi @#&%$@@!!!!

That's MR. @#&%$@@!!!!, to you!

;}

LOL

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:18 AM

Quote - > Quote - No news is good news?

Nah, they're using the discussion in the Daz forum to help determine how to break the news, whatever it is. That was probably the whole point of announcing the announcement, to take the temperature of their membership. 

But are they using an oral thermometer or a.....(nevermind)

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:21 AM

Very proudly;

I promise to announce
that I will announce a promise
to make an announcement
after the promised announce will be announced.

Happy hyping everybody.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:51 AM · edited Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:54 AM

Reading back the original post, and going bare essentials?

Game changing and Industry changing
That is a BOLD statement to make.

It must be BIG.

If one company bought the other company, the winner would make the announcement.

(after all the paperwork would be completed)

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:51 AM · edited Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:52 AM

Quote - Very proudly;

I promise to announce
that I will announce a promise
to make an announcement
after the promised announce will be announced.

Happy hyping everybody.

vilters is channeling Yogi Berra

"This is like deja vu all over again."

Gary

imax24 ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 8:23 AM

Quote - Game changing and Industry changing That is a BOLD statement to make. **It must be BIG. **

And the Daz guy said it's the biggest news in several years. Which means they consider even bigger than Genesis.

Even if so, it may not end up being a big deal in Poser-verse if SM has to rebuild Poser for Daz' big news to matter to us.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 9:26 AM

They may make an announcement that this weeks announcement will be delayed and they will give an announcement as to when the new announcement will be announced. :brok:

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 10:05 AM

Quote - But are they using an oral thermometer or a.....(nevermind)

The difference between the two?  The flavour.  :) 

My Store

My Gallery

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 10:42 AM

Quote - > Quote - But are they using an oral thermometer or a.....(nevermind)

The difference between the two?  The flavour.  :) 

faints

Laurie

imax24 ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 10:50 AM

If I knew people were going to take it in this direction, I would have said PULSE instead of TEMPERATURE!

alexcoppo ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 12:11 PM

Quote - Even if so, it may not end up being a big deal in Poser-verse if SM has to rebuild Poser for Daz' big news to matter to us.

Something that SM has alreay said (and repeated) that they are not going to do.

Talking about something that does exist, Blender 2.62 is days from the candidate release. In this version, among the goodies, Cycles render passes and booleans done using Carve library (read Blender becomes really capabable of CSG modeling). BMesh work continues (target still 2.63 - 2.64).

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

Eric Walters ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 12:26 PM

Bravo!!

Quote - We have been thinking outside the box, trying to create a win-win situation for our entire user base by giving 110% and maximizing the effect of best practices.  At the end of the day, we welcome the coming paradigm shift while harvesting the low hanging fruit of synergy.  Going forward, we intend to push the envelope of web 2.0, combining our value proposition with the well known 80/20 rule and creating a new paradigm which will allow us to take our business to the next level by maximizing customer satisfaction while remaining true to our core competency.  We will not drop the ball, as a leading provider of 3d animation tools, but will bring our A-game so that, at the end of the day, we can all spend more time with our families as the seamless integration of our scalable, best of breed Eco-friendly software brings value to the table and maximizes the leverage of our robust system integration.  Our announcement will demonstrate our ability to hit the ground running with a true 24/7, client centric value proposition while our competitors drink the kool aid.  The bottom line is that we will manage expectations by being a change agent through actionable multi-tasking in this highly competitive market.  This bold, strategic move will make us the 800 pound gorilla with a six sigma, market driven success story centered on the ipod of the 3d industry.   In short, we intend to go viral as we become more granular; put a stake in the ground and integrate a bar raising industry standard which all after us will aspire to.

Or not.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 12:38 PM

Ha Ha! "... reading is the basics of learning."

Quote - > Quote - Fool me once, fool me twice, we won't get fooled again.

Sorry, but crows ain't really native to the area. Now seagulls...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 12:57 PM

file_478133.jpg

> Quote - If I knew people were going to take it in this direction, I would have said PULSE instead of TEMPERATURE!

;) 

My Store

My Gallery

jerr3d ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 1:23 PM

From the DAZ site "

SOFTWARE INNOVATION OF THE YEAR 2011

**DAZ Studio 4 Genesis™ Figure Platform wins the 3D World CG Technology Award.**The Genesis Figure was voted Software Innovation of the Year for breaking new ground and providing a clear benefit for artists in the creation or implementation of CG assets."

Since the goal of DAZ's business would be to get more people to use DAZ Studio/Genesis I guess they are going to either give DAZ Studio 4 PRO away for free or at 50% off maybe for a limited time, or some combination like that.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 1:39 PM

That award is overhyped

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 1:44 PM

And why would giving away DS4 Pro or at a discount be industry shaking or game changing?

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 1:47 PM

I still think that Stephanie 4 is pregnant with a G2's mesh.

jestmart ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 1:51 PM

They have convinced some big shot in the world of 3D to drop fbx and collada and adopt DAZ's dfs as the new best universal 3D file format.  This is the only thing that would be a major industry wide game changer.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:11 PM

Get ready for some VERY miffed off people!!

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d/free-3d-software-overview

All those that BOUGHT the pro version!!!! Oh dear!!!!

All the best.

LROG

jerr3d ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:13 PM · edited Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:26 PM

Quote - From the DAZ site " ##### SOFTWARE INNOVATION OF THE YEAR 2011

**DAZ Studio 4 Genesis™ Figure Platform wins the 3D World CG Technology Award.**The Genesis Figure was voted Software Innovation of the Year for breaking new ground and providing a clear benefit for artists in the creation or implementation of CG assets."

Since the goal of DAZ's business would be to get more people to use DAZ Studio/Genesis I guess they are going to either give DAZ Studio 4 PRO away for free or at 50% off maybe for a limited time, or some combination like that.

Please believe me, that was a total GUESS!

(Now, did somebody say something about cookies?)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:15 PM

Not sure if this is THE MAJOR announcement, we shall see.

All the best.

LROG

moogal ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:16 PM

Quote - They have convinced some big shot in the world of 3D to drop fbx and collada and adopt DAZ's dfs as the new best universal 3D file format.  This is the only thing that would be a major industry wide game changer.

That might qualify...  Some kind of really impressive soft-body/cloth dynamics that we wouldn't be expecting...

My guess was something Kinect related, but iClone has already ventured there already...

A 3D printing partnership would only be a big deal if they could significantly reduce cost and make it essentially as easy as printing a paper document.

Integration of a new GPU-based renderer to their software family would be nice, but shouldn't be that big a deal.

I am thinking it needs to involve a new technology, or making a very high-end technology available to people who couldn't have afforded it before.  It has to be something that would raise their credibility in the industry and bring in new users from some other community...  A partnership with Unity3D, for example, could give Daz users a realtime engine, crowd simulations, etc., and would also lead Unity users into using Daz software if it were suddenly quite easy to get Daz figures into a Unity project...

But I am going to say it is Hexagon3 with figure rigging and weight painting which will let you model/UV/paint/rig and export a figure ready for use in D|S/Poser using just one single program. ;)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:16 PM

And I also predicted at FGPlus that it would be given away on most 3D magazines covers in about 6 months time!!!! LOL.

All the best.

LROG

Eric Walters ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:21 PM

TRUE-not another joke.

Well they do have Bryce7 Pro and DS4 Pro FREE for a limited time. Downloading now.

I bought and returned DS4 Advanced-because it was crashing too much on my Mac- but FREE? Worth a try- and if it crashes-at least I did not pay for it. :-) NOTE: I have a Xeon Quad 1st Gen Mac Pro (4X 266) but DS4 is reputed to work well on late model Macs.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:25 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

That's the game changer??!!!! Fuck...I'm gonna go crawl back under my rock now. And I came out for this?

Laurie

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:28 PM

Yes, it's the gamechanger.  They announced it on Facebook.

"The big announcement is revealed!
DAZ Studio Pro, Bryce 7 Pro and Hexagon for EVERYONE for FREE! See what all the excitement has been about!"

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d/free-3d-software-overview

Eric Walters ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:29 PM · edited Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:30 PM

EDIT: I guess they DID say this is it.

Well, they did not say THIS IS THE GAME CHANGER-so it still might be something else.

Quote - That's the game changer??!!!! Fuck...I'm gonna go crawl back under my rock now. And I came out for this?

Laurie

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:29 PM

colour me underwhelmed.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:34 PM · edited Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:35 PM

yawn

I've had Hexagon for years...after having had Vue, I wouldn't touch Bryce with someone elses 10 foot pole and DS? Geeze.... I'm about ready to lay down 200 bucks for Pro 2012..lol. Still gonna too :P

Laurie

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:34 PM

At least they didn't wait until Friday afternoon.

And at least it's not something obnoxious, like Steam distribution of purchases.

But yeah, the people who paid money for this stuff are steaming. 

I haven't bought any of it.  I'll take it if it's free, though.  Probably won't use DS or Bryce, but I might play with Hexagon.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:35 PM

I'm still playing SKYRIM on my xbox360- so I guess it did not work- wait-I suddenly have the urge to go buy "Barbie's BIG Horse Adventure" for xbox.....

Is there a Barbie Morph for Genesis?

Real game- I had credit for selling back some games-when I went to redeem it-I was told that I had already done so-having bought Barbie's Big Horse Adventure- and something related to Sponge Bob Square Pants. It was a surprise to me!

alexcoppo ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:40 PM

For one month Studio 4 free plus two dead and rotting programs. Wow. Just wow.

Now I know the reason for the two significant earthquakes we had in northern Italy in the least few days: they were omens (currently there is on TV a rerun of Supernatural and I am enjoying it a lot; for once, we are out of police stations, morgues and courtrooms).

Bye.

P.S.: the final score is an unqualifed fail for everybody. Nobody did even get near the correct answer. Surely not the evil critters who salivated dreaming of Poser death.

P.P.S.: yet another slap in the face of DAZ "loyal followers" who shelled money for these programs. Great marketing: teaching people that if they wait they will get stuff for free. A sure recipy to dwarf Apple economic results.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.