Thu, Sep 19, 5:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:31 pm)

Subject: Instances

eltoro3D ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2012 at 1:24 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 8:53 PM

Can I do something like instances or clones inside DaZ ? I need  1 Victoria and 4 other Girls butt looking each the same , (same. hair , same skin, same clothing ).. I would like to make a instance but don´t know how .. Or in another case how much figures a I can add inside daz studio until i get memory problems ??

Thanks a lot

Tobias

PoppaC ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2012 at 4:20 AM

yes you can add as much as you need of vickie  the most that i have added is 13 all the same and all different just keep your other props down or make 2 set ups  one as the seen and render as a png then add your vickies as a png in photo shop> make your seen , save it , add 1 vickie save it as #2, add vickie #3 save it, etc... that way you build up untill you get what you need and have a point you can go back to just incase you need it

Bejaymac ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2012 at 7:21 AM

If your loading them in as Poser formats then you can run out of RAM pretty quickly, however you can save yourself quite a bit of RAM if you use DS formats.

To get DS files, load the figure into an empty scene (no camera or lights), apply the texture and morphs you want, then load in the hair and clothing, once your happy with how it looks save it as a scene file (.daz), "file>save as>scene.."

Once saved clear the scene, now you can load/merge the .daz file you just created as often as you need, you'll still run out of RAM if you go crazy, but you'll get more figures in the scene before you do, this is because in DS native format the program only loads the morphs that are non-zero, so all of those morphs in the hair, clothing and figure you didn't use get left in the 'data' folder.

PoppaC ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2012 at 8:11 AM

this is why I love to pre-build my figures i would go so far as to load a figure -place it where you want it to be-pose it  then save it as a sean (just the figure)then when you merge the fiure it is already set in place and you do not need to re-pose it just tweek it.  it is a lil extra work but it will save a lot of time in the final set up you render

prixat ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 5:45 AM

DS itself doesn't have instancing but I vaguley remember a post about using the instancing in Luxrender. I'll try to remember where I saw it.

regards
prixat

eltoro3D ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 6:48 AM

Allright I understand .. thanks a lot :)

eltoro3D ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 7:33 AM

Quote - this is why I love to pre-build my figures i would go so far as to load a figure -place it where you want it to be-pose it  then save it as a sean (just the figure)then when you merge the fiure it is already set in place and you do not need to re-pose it just tweek it.  it is a lil extra work but it will save a lot of time in the final set up you render

Is that similar to save to library like in Poser ?? I don´t undertsand the other saves out of the menu...

PoppaC ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 8:14 AM

I am not sure as to what poser does.  I save it in DAZ format then load from the merge  you should have a folder where DAZ will save all your work you re-load from it

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.