Mon, Jul 8, 4:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: explain this..;-(

erosiaart ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2012 at 12:59 AM · edited Thu, 28 December 2023 at 10:36 PM

file_478412.jpg

column and row wise..moving ahead...percentage..backward. 

render to disc... AA fine art render...

erosiaart ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2012 at 1:00 AM

and the percentage value is a - number

orbital ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2012 at 3:00 AM

You have downloaded EVIL Bryce Mwhahahahahaaaaa. Either that or that texture I gave you is cursed. I have no idea what the frack is going on.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

erosiaart ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2012 at 9:03 AM

bloody comforting, thank you, joe. ( a million pillows sent at you) . i tried it again..same thing. 

how am i suppsoed to work now? maybe i ought to uninstall bryce..and reinstall it again. :-(  :crying:

staigermanus ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2012 at 9:09 AM

this is the most elaborate progress bar I ever sawd

orbital ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2012 at 10:01 AM

Still using version 5 at the mo, b7 has nothing new to offer me apart from a few bells and whistles. Until it becomes stable I'm happy as I am.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2012 at 11:17 AM
Forum Moderator

Try rendering as a BMP or Jpg.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2012 at 11:18 AM

Maybe the "-" is meant as a hyphen?

You didn't happen to hit the "UNRENDER" button did you?

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2012 at 11:22 AM

Maybe the render is going to take so long that your computer can't calculate a number large enough?

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Hubert ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2012 at 12:22 PM

Hi rosie,

a very cool woody'esque discovery! How did you trigger this hidden feature in Bryce, the "render final scene backwards before composition button"? 

From an engineering POV, maybe you need to turn the plug of your PC in its socket by 180 degree, to render with a positive phase displacement. But don't do this at home!! ;P

Whereas I like tjohn's concept of an "unrender button" very much. :))

Hubert

"All that we see or fear, is but a Sphere inside a Sphere."     (E. A. Pryce -- Tuesday afternoon, 1845)

erosiaart ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 12:46 AM

i dunno whether to laugh or pummel you guys with goose feather pillows. :-p :-p      

put it to render again now as a bmp..will see what happens.. 

unrender button??    bryce perfection! :-p

phil.. i've rendered a few things that lasted 3 days.. this ought not to take long..it's not that complicated. 

tjohn..there never is a hyphen..and the percentage no kept going backwards..from 28 down to 27 to 26... time warp! it is so odd! (is that you with the squirrel sitting on your shoulder?) 

orbital.. put bryce 7 pro..just try it..it's free..and since you can have both versions ..why not? 

erosiaart ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 2:17 AM

so the bmp worked..perfecty..and really fast too! why didn't the tiff work???? 

thanks and hugs everyone..

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 11:21 AM

File size perhaps ?????

Cheers

GG

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

tjohn ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 12:27 PM

@Rosie:

Glad you figured it out! To answer your question, read the tag line at the bottom of my posts, LOL. I'm about 6 yo in the photo, and that was my pet squirrel "Brownie".

John

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

erosiaart ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 8:11 PM

gg.. 158 megs ..not that much. 

brownie? i love that name. he's cute..and um..er..so were you, tjohn. 

dyret ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 2:19 AM

bugs. they're allways bugging me

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 2:37 AM

actually..it has been like that even when i used 5.5. i dunno if it's something me doing wrong. everything was  fine for years.. i never had bryce 6. . then all of a sudden..whoop bang.. rendering to disc started going backwards. now.. 7 pro.  i did the xmas card and the new year card with no probs. heck..the xmas card was way more of a complicated scene than this. ..and the file heavier in size. 

i,  once ..during those days in 5.5.. let it go all the way backwards. know how you normally see a file at the place where it's rendering to? it just disappeared. poof! vanished! into thin air. no joke..funny as it sounds. 

i so dunno what it is. tiffs are of a better quality than bmps or jpegs.. i hate rendering to disc anything lesser than a tiff. esp if someone orders something. 

if it's a bug..it ought to appear with everyone..not just me! 

and ok..ok.. i now believe i am spooked.  

i'm off to london next week..more of this on a later post.. will completely delete bryce and install the newer version, before i leave. maybe a file got corrupted somewhere. how, what, why, who when and where.. i wish daz would investigate my computer and find out. i can understand it happening once..but time and time again..and only tiny me having that probs....

**SIGH **

dyret ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 3:59 AM

I had the same problem years ago with the backwards thing. But that must actually have been in B3.

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 4:55 AM

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! 

BMP too!!!!

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 4:57 AM

file_478487.jpg

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! 

BMP too!!!!

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 4:58 AM

but oops..it's been rendered..the file is on my desktop... 

the file is on my desktop

clay ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2012 at 10:59 PM

Render progression percentages in Bryce have always been funky, doesn't matter what you do it will still come up from time to time, very old code in the software, hopefully they'll get back to work on it soon.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

IO4 ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 12:49 PM

Yeah, as clay says it' not been right for a long time. My renders always seem to finish when the progress bar is somewhere between 40 and 50%....which I suppose can be good because just when I thinkit's going to take forever it's finished lol!

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2012 at 7:30 PM

ah clay and 104..thank you for that reassurance! so badly needed. 

clay..they ought to fix the code. can scare people intoa heart attack! 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.