Tue, Sep 24, 6:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 5:52 pm)

Subject: Poser9 Library not working…

FWArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2012 at 7:43 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 8:25 AM

Hi all, hope someone can help…. This is a question for a friend of mine who used Poser7 for years and got Poser9 for Christmas…. Now then when she tried to install it her library wasn’t showing, even when connected to the internet. She has the latest version of Adobe Flash player on her system also, yet it keeps saying it need an update for the flash player, and when she follows the link it takes her to the page to download it, but nothing happens. Has anyone else had that issue before and if so, what did you do. She contacted Posers helpline, yet it is still not working. I got Poser9 myself, not installed yet as I still work in poser 8, and after all her troubles, I feel like sticking with P8, but anyway, does anyone know if there is something that could be done to get the library to load?

Thanks for your help, and sorry if this all sounds silly or someone else asked this question before, it’s just all very frustrating and I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Fred

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2012 at 8:37 PM

She needs to update the Flash for Internet Explorer, even if she doesn't use it.

Also, she needs to make sure that she lets Poser thru the firewall so that it can access the local network. It doesn't phone home nor run in the background constantly, it just needs to access the local network.

Laurie

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2012 at 8:45 PM · edited Tue, 14 February 2012 at 8:46 PM

First go to Adobe and download the latest Flash Player for Internet Explorer (even if She's using Firefox; Poser needs the IE version) Also make sure you that at least version 7 of Internet Explorer is installed; it can be gotten through Windows Update.

After Flash  is installed, if it's still not working, make sure that whatever security software used is allowing Poser to access the Internet; Poser doen't need to access the external internet, but it communicates with the library interface through the local machine's loopback IP address.

If it still doesn't work, post back; the developer of the Library interface frequents here. (no, he's not me; he has scales)...

EDIT; Laurie always did type faster than me... 😄

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

FWArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2012 at 9:02 PM

thanks both for your help, will pass it on to her and let you know how it goes. :) thanks again.

FWArt ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 8:19 AM

Thanks again for everyones help. Here is what she did so far and what happens... that might explain things a bit more... i hope :)

She has installed the latest Flash for I.E and has the latest version of I.E too (version 8)....everything is updated. She even disabled Firefox so only I.E was the browser for the internet. Poser is going through the firewall no problem...and her art computer can access the local network.

The problem is, when she is in Poser 9, when she wantss to load the library, she has a message saying that Poser needs Flash....there is a link to download it from the Adobe Flash website. She does that (with IE) and when it is time to install the Flash exe, the installation fails….

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 8:26 AM

Quick question: does she have or has she ever had AOL on her machine? Not AOL Instant Messenger, but AOL software for getting online with dialup? I seem to remember there is a conflict with something in Poser and AOL but I can't quite remember what. Bagginsbill found that out while trying to help someone. Perhaps you could do a site search for it? Search for bagginsbill and AOL.

Laurie

FWArt ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 8:29 AM

Thanks Laurie, I shall look into that, thanks for that. :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 8:46 AM

Quote - Thanks Laurie, I shall look into that, thanks for that. :)

Well, I figured it was worth a shot ;).

Laurie

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 9:22 AM · edited Wed, 15 February 2012 at 9:23 AM

Quote - The problem is, when she is in Poser 9, when she wantss to load the library, she has a message saying that Poser needs Flash....there is a link to download it from the Adobe Flash website. She does that (with IE) and when it is time to install the Flash exe, the installation fails….

What's the message? How does the installation fail - with another message or hang or what?

What do you mean she does that (with IE)? How about doing that in Poser where it's asking here to do that? Or did she try that first?

And I asked a few weeks ago if Poser comes with a Flash installer (I had to ask because I do not ever have the retail distributed version.) I was told it does.

So I'm asking the rest of you - if you did not have Flash in to begin with, before you got Poser, then how did you do this?

I'm mystified as to why this is so hard.

Perhaps a call to SM customer support would be more helpful, since they (particularly John Csaky) have dealt with this many times.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 9:54 AM

I always had Flash installed previously.  The only machine that doesn't have Flash installed here is Windows 7 64-Bit, and it has PP2012 on it, so it doesn't need Flash...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 10:44 AM

The Poser installation software does have a flash version, but it can be easily overlooked.  Especially when the user doesn't expect to find such software bundled in.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.