Thu, Sep 19, 6:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:55 pm)

Subject: Join the FANS-OF-DAZ-FREAK new group at Devianart

SimonWM ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 8:15 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:43 PM

In anticipation to the the upcoming Freak 5 I've opened a new group at Devianart dedicated to the big guy.  All Freak 3, 4, She Freak, Genesis Freak 4 & even SWOLE morph renderings will be accepted. I will eventually start putting previews of work in progress in that group and hope other vendors start to do the same. Please join and lets start seeing those renderings.  :D

http://fans-of-daz-freak.deviantart.com/

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 10:11 AM · edited Fri, 13 January 2012 at 10:16 AM

Ooooh good, we definitely know there will be a Freak 5 then?  I love the Freak, even the first generation (with the exception of his hands and feet).  I also like the Swole morphs and will have to post a picture I've done with them.

Something you might want to consider is David renders.  David had some of the best muscle morphs developed at Daz.  I think the body builder morphs were some of the most realistic I'd seen.  I think that David was a much better figure and more versatile than M3. 

It is unfortunate that Daz had wanted the original the original Freak to be more of a template for monsters than anything else.  I'd always been dissapointed that they didn't update the original Freak with Scalable hands and feet.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 11:09 AM

Actually we don't... may want to fix that simon.

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 11:58 AM · edited Fri, 13 January 2012 at 12:00 PM

I'm hoping for a new Freak; I'm not sure how well the new swevelt M5 will bulk up--but truth before I've not totally explored all the variations possible with the current Freak.  I really love the SWOLE morphs.  I was very tempted to buy RawArts morph pack for even more variation on the Freak.

The more people talk about it and the more buzz certainly won't hurt in promoting the cause.

SimonWM ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 12:10 PM

Quote - Actually we don't... may want to fix that simon.

Yes, I forgot I've posted this on the DAZ Renderosity forum as well.  Really disapointed that Renderosity doesn't have an edit function, as I recall it used to have one but here's what I posted in the Poser Renderosity forum to refrain:

Just want to make clear that a Freak 5 figure hasn't been announced by DAZ yet but traditionally it always comes right after M5 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed so the tradition continues.  Now come on and join the club!! ;)>>

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 12:30 PM

That's okay.  I realize we can never be sure of such things until they actually appear.  I think that the current Generation of the Freak was stifled by the fact that there were incompatibilites with conforming clothing in Poser when he first came out.  Smith Micro eventually patched Poser so that it's  not longer an issue--but I think it turned a lot of users off to the Freak 4.  I was also a bit dissapointed about the fact that there didn't seem nearly as much content for the new Freak as the preceing one.  Genesis solves all that though, whatever will fit M5 will fit the Freak 5 as well provided they make the character.

SimonWM ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 12:44 PM

I think in part the scaling issues made developers turn away.  I know it took a really long time to do my Gymrat Xtreme set (but I did support even the presets-which to me were the real strength of the new figure) and I know at least two developers that wanted to give support to the Freak 4 but after getting stuck with scaling issues just gave up. 

I thought I've had solved the problem with Dynamic Clothes since he has been getting a piece of clothing almost every month for a year now.  Dynamic clothes doesn't takes as long to develop as conforming and there is (barely) enough sales so development becomes feasible.

But now with Genesis conforming clothes can be fitted to the big guy easier.

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 1:09 PM

Even now I had trouble with the Gymrat Xtreme pants on the Freak in Poser--but it works fine in Daz Studio for me.  Perhaps you can advise, there was a distortion in the mesh of the pants on the calf after posing that I couldn't smooth out.  I could get rid of it with post work--but it was very odd.  BTW I love the Gymrat Clothes and used the first generation Freak 3 set quite a bit.

SimonWM ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 1:29 PM

I tested in Poser but since it went out before Smith Micro fixed scaling I never tested them with scaling so that might have to do with it.  I suppose also the reason some developers abandoned support for the figure. Comforming clothes have inconsistencies like the one you mention between Studio & Poser's in regards to scaling.

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 7:44 PM

I'm just glad to have the Gymrat Xtreme clothing, they were sorely needed.  Thank your for developing them.

SimonWM ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 7:57 PM

Thank you for the support.

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 8:12 PM

I can't wait to join your group, in fact the first 2 pictures I'm posting have characters wearing your clothes.

Tomsde ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 7:10 PM

I sent in a request to join your group last night, but I've not gotten permission yet.  Is there anything special I need to do?

Tomsde ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2012 at 12:27 PM · edited Tue, 17 January 2012 at 12:34 PM

Have you guys seen the Abomindable shape--I think it's really cool and will make interesting characters.  I've still not gotten a reply for my request to join your Deviant-Art group.  Do I need to send another email?

leehilliard ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 4:00 AM

awesome !! i just answered the call :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.