Mon, Oct 7, 8:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Have I been DUPED by PIRATES?

mtnmen ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 5:12 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 6:23 AM

I hate to admit it but I believe that I have been taken by some software pirates...   In now having Daz Studio4PRO complete with 3D Bridge to Photoshop...I was very excited to try it wih my PS CS3... but I needed CS4-Extended... so I searched for cheap photoshop software... cuz let's face it $600 is a chunck a change even in good economic times...  Great...I found an "OEM licensed" seller with CS4-E for 59 bucks... saying that they are SO much cheaper due to there being no support for the software, no disc, no packaging...etc.... So I bought it  and after installing it the serial number was rejected by Adobe and the program was now in the trial mode...  I contacted the seller and they told me to do this  and do that and try it again and of course no luck... I told them I wanted my money refunded and they thanked me for my patience and try this and try that....again...  So.... I have been pirated and duped I fear...  has anyone else experienced this....

Steve

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 6:18 PM

I've never heard of any photoshop products being this cheap.  The upgrade version of CS5 is $200 just the upgrade alone.

If you paid with a credit card see if they have a protection plan.

Visa for example could give you a refund if you call them and tell them what has happened.

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 9:28 PM

Have to agree with Analog-X64.  Only way I know to get it inexpensive is to be a student that qualifies. 

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 10:44 PM

happened to me and VISA was most accomadating...but I pay for some insurance I think...a small price but apparently was worth it

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Daworth ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 4:13 AM

Sorry to say, it happens all the time.  The old maxim stands:  If it sounds too good to be true - it usually is. My sympathies.

Davey

dyret ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 8:14 AM

Shiver me timbers!

mtnmen ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2012 at 11:47 AM

Well...My timbers are surely shivering...  Yes... I  am old enough (way) to know that if it looks too good to be true...it is...  I contacted Visa and they are handling this as Internet fraud ...which it is... and I won't be charged...  But damn it... this kind of crap really sucks... 

Thanks for your sage advise... and acknowledgement of this as happening not only to me but others..

Okay... Now all I have to do is contact that Nigerian Prince  and collect my millions...

Steve

Daworth ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2012 at 12:09 PM

Can you collect mine while you're there Steve.  Glad you got it sorted and won't be charged.  What a world, eh!

Davey

dyret ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2012 at 2:11 AM

I have several millions waiting for me in The Bank of America. And there is a poor lady with cancer who needs my help in a hospital bed in London.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.