Thu, Sep 19, 4:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: adman: a free male figure for Poser, WIP

adh3d ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 5:58 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:58 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Hi, after a HD problem I had some months ago, where I lost some files of this project, I had been working in it. Since last WIP, I have made some changes. I have changed some geometry , specially the abdomen and thighs zones, and I have made the texture from scracht again.(I am working in it still, specially in the displacement maps) and I have re-made the FBM too.

Here you can see 2 renders showing the default adman, the strong, fat and no muscular FBM's with different expresions each one.

More updates very soon.

adh3d website

MC3D ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 6:15 AM

Very well done, the  no morphs version looks a lot like Michael 2's body shape.

I wonder what the UV map looks like.

adh3d ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 6:31 AM · edited Mon, 12 March 2012 at 6:32 AM

Yes of course, here you can see the 2 main templates, the head template and the body template, there are some more, like tongue teeth template, inside mouth template, eye template ...

head template:

And the body template

adh3d website

MC3D ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 6:33 AM

I like the body one, the face one, i cant stretch enough never make the lips de-attached from the face, this will create a crease on the model when rendered.

adh3d ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 6:34 AM

And now a render of some expressions of the figure. Of course they van be combined. They are all at level 1.

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 6:37 AM · edited Mon, 12 March 2012 at 6:38 AM

" cant stretch enough never make the lips de-attached from the face, this will create a crease on the model when rendered."

Yes, could be, but I'll try to separete the lips just in the moment you change the skin texture to the lips texture. I'll do that because I want the lips part bigger so you can add more texture detail. Anyway, would be very easy to join the lips map to the face like you said, perhaps I'll make it and we have the two options.

adh3d website

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 6:56 AM

I like the face! You could add head morphs for jaw left and right as well, since hes quite expressive.

Did you relax the uv map?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

MacMyers ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 7:43 AM

Looks very cool.

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 9:04 AM

He looks "goofy."

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 9:30 AM

I like the fact that he doesn't have that generic bland look.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 10:22 AM

He has a unique face. Good work :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 10:34 AM

I like it!.  The face reminds me of someone but I can't think who it is.  In any case, it's a good look, different from any of the other males available for Poser.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 11:22 AM

Out of idle curiosity, does he come with gonads?

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

adh3d ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 11:40 AM

Hi, thank you for the comments.

Yes there are morphs to move the jaw left and right, I'll show them later.

dphoadley, yes, it will have gonads, I think like a conforming figure, I have not decided yet

About the face, this is the default face, I have in mind make different faces so you can combine them and get different characters.

adh3d website

bagoas ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 1:10 PM

Looks promising...

aRtBee ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 3:22 PM

@SamTherapy: he looks like Bruce Willis!!

I like this new bloke, not a regular photomodel guy. Keep up the works.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 3:55 PM · edited Mon, 12 March 2012 at 3:56 PM

Quote - @SamTherapy: he looks like Bruce Willis!! I like this new bloke, not a regular photomodel guy. Keep up the works.

I think that he looks more like Domenick Lombardozz from the TV series The Breakout Kings!

SteveJax ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 9:47 PM

Yes on the face! I can see him playing many many regular guys and comic book villans.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2012 at 9:59 PM

Willis? Close but no cigar.  I have no idea of the guy David is referring to, though.

Good to hear he's gonna get some wedding tackle.  Makes me feel uncomfortable in the nether regions seeing a guy with his willy missing.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 12:56 AM · edited Tue, 13 March 2012 at 1:02 AM

Attached Link: Domenick Lombardozzi

> Quote - Willis? Close but no cigar.  I have no idea of the guy David is referring to, though. Good to hear he's gonna get some wedding tackle.  Makes me feel uncomfortable in the nether regions seeing a guy with his willy missing.

Look up The Breakout Kings on IMDb, and check out his photo, and I'm sure that you'll see a resemblance!  The figure also looks a bit like Wade Williams, who played the chief guard from Prison Break.

dph

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 2:42 AM

Quote - Yes of course, here you can see the 2 main templates, the head template and the body template, there are some more, like tongue teeth template, inside mouth template, eye template ...

If you look closely, the lower lip on the head template is a bit flawed.  Not all of the polygons have been properly unfolded and flattened out for their texture map.  On the other hand, I could possibly remap this figure for M3 textures if anybody would wish.  I myself prefer the V3/M3 texture configuration over that of any other!

dph

SteveJax ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 12:37 PM

Quote - > Quote - Yes of course, here you can see the 2 main templates, the head template and the body template, there are some more, like tongue teeth template, inside mouth template, eye template ...

If you look closely, the lower lip on the head template is a bit flawed.  Not all of the polygons have been properly unfolded and flattened out for their texture map.  On the other hand, I could possibly remap this figure for M3 textures if anybody would wish.  I myself prefer the V3/M3 texture configuration over that of any other!

dph

That would be great. I have a lot of skin textures for M3.

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 12:49 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Yes of course, here you can see the 2 main templates, the head template and the body template, there are some more, like tongue teeth template, inside mouth template, eye template ...

dph

That would be great. I have a lot of skin textures for M3.

I'd have to have a copy of the original object file to do any of that. dph

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 12:56 PM · edited Tue, 13 March 2012 at 1:03 PM

Hi, dphoadley, I don't think I am going to change the main geometry, so if you want, I can send you the obj file if you want to make a compatible M3 uv map just now, send me a PM if you want.

I am working in a female FMB, here a render :

adh3d website

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 1:16 PM · edited Tue, 13 March 2012 at 1:17 PM

It's not really doing it for me, but nice try. Really nice of you to make him free for the masses :).

Laurie

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 1:19 PM · edited Tue, 13 March 2012 at 1:21 PM

Thanks, well I know this morph don't replace a female figure, I just make it as an option more inside a male figure.

If I was making a female figure I would make some things other way, but because it is a morph of a male figure, there are limitations.

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 3:29 PM

A render of the "agrican" morph and textures.

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 7:26 PM · edited Tue, 13 March 2012 at 7:28 PM

And in the next renders you can see Fat female and Female FBM, the female morphs are finished, I have to work more the displacement maps here and in the hair male textures.

The fat female and the fat FBM are different morphs.

I have change a little the female morph since the last reply above, in the shoulders and the

abdomen. 

adh3d website

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 7:32 PM

Any chance of giving her a Whatsit morph? -just so that she can complement the male!

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 7:34 PM

The feet are really creepin' me out...lolol

Laurie

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 7:34 PM

Hi, sorry but I don't understand what you mean with whatsit morph...

adh3d website

SteveJax ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 7:39 PM

Quote - Hi, sorry but I don't understand what you mean with whatsit morph...

You don't have a dirty mind then. LOL!

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2012 at 7:43 PM · edited Tue, 13 March 2012 at 7:45 PM

I think my problem is my knowledge of english, but for your answer, I can imagine what are you talking about. LOL

adh3d website

Niles ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2012 at 8:11 PM

I think the heavy set morph looks the best.

Mapped for M3 would be great.

Nice work.

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2012 at 8:15 PM

Thank you.

I am working in the textures, the updates, with and without hair.

I have put the no hair texture in the female FBM, but you can use it in the default male too.

adh3d website

blondie9999 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2012 at 9:28 PM

Well... this figure is a good start-- but it's only a "start."  Before you go adding morphs, I think you need to focus on refining the base figure to conform more closely to actual human anatomy.  For instance, the outer quadriceps do not extend clear down to the knee-joint; they stop well above it  And on the feet, the inner arch of the foot extends clear to the "ball" of the big toe; it does not stop halfway along the length of the foot.

Human figures are the most difficult thing for any modeler to get "right."  You've got a good base going, so concentrate on getting the base into shape first.

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 4:23 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Quote - Hi, sorry but I don't understand what you mean with whatsit morph...

A female Vulva, vagina, labia, clitoris, etc!

MacMyers ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 4:23 AM

Allthough it's still cool and I want it!

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 6:41 AM

Hi blondie9999, I have in mind, apart from the FBM, make detailed morphs to change every shape  of the body as you want, so I think , more or lees, you can get all you say.

Dphoadley, yes I understood , and yes she is going to have all you say, like the male is going to have all his geneitals in his place LOL

thanks Mac, I hope you can get it soon.

adh3d website

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 6:53 AM · edited Thu, 15 March 2012 at 6:53 AM

Quote - Dphoadley, yes I understood , and yes she is going to have all you say, like the male is going to have all his geneitals in his place LOL

Finish designing it the way you want, and then email of PM about the details for an M3/V3 remap.  If you're going to have a female FBM, you might want to consider a whole seperate object file, because of the remapped genitalia, both male and female.  Also, for Male 2nd skins, you need a codpiece morph for the male figure so as to emphasize the unseen phallus: i. e. like those loin cloths in the STARZ network's Spartacus.   Even when you don't SEE the genetalia, it's obvious that those guys are far from being castrated eunuchs!

Anyway, my email address is: dphoadley2@yahoo.com

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 7:21 AM

About the genitalia, I have thought make them like a individual  figures to conform in the main figure like if they were conforming clothes, so when you want the female FBM, you conform the female genitalia. I don't know if this way is better or worse when you have to remap a figure.

adh3d website

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 8:08 AM

The point is, is to map the genitalia so that its texture blends in with texture of the hip.  Otherwise, the whole mapping has failed in its purpose!  I still remember my first remapping project with PosetteV3, and How that carried over in my remap of the Woman With Genitals figure, that had originally been developed with the Poser 2 version of Posette, but then hard welded on the Poser 4 Posette hip.  For years though, the Poser 4 Posette with Genitals' hip tecturing never matched the rest of the body texturing, because whoever did the hip transformation hadn't bothered to fix the hip's UVS to match the rest of the figure!  Thus, almost negating the whole purpose of the figure's creation!

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 8:50 AM

Other option I had in mind was make a male figure with genitals and another one without them. Is is better for your work?

The problem I see is that blend the female genitals with the hip map  is easy, but the male genitals are other thing. How male genitals are mapped in M3 ?

adh3d website

MacMyers ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 8:55 AM

I don't need Genitalia. I need non-naked people for regular activities not involving pickle pulling..

JAFO ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 9:46 AM

file_479541.jpg

not meaning to be negative , you obviously are quite advanced in your modeling skills and are pushing the envelope on figure developement , however i have circled a couple of areas that would cause me concern in making morph targets for this figure, i see you have made extra geometry in some areas that are often used by modelers for making custom figures...this is good.... but edge flow is critical , i see disruptions in flow in the areas circled and IMHO you went a tad overboard on topology in these areas, if these areas were cleaned up a bit  before rigging i think the figure would be more workable thus making him/her more attractive/useable to the end user... this is just a suggestion im not meaning to hurt anyones feelings or critisize your judgement, only trying to help ...

:O)

Y'all have a great day.

JAFO ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 9:46 AM

file_479542.jpg

the head

Y'all have a great day.

JAFO ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 9:48 AM

Quote - I don't need Genitalia. I need non-naked people for regular activities not involving pickle pulling..

thanks Mac i just spit coffee all over my monitor   :O)

Y'all have a great day.

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 11:52 AM

Hi Japo, yes you can be right, but those areas you say, the geometry you see, are the figure muscles shape .. themselves, so if I "clean" those zones, the figure would lost almost  all of his shape.

Anyway, I have not any problem in those zones when I have made the morphs.

And don't have any problem to tell me what you think, it is not a problem for me and this is because I made this thread.

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 6:18 PM

I am working more in the textures, this time the veins...

adh3d website

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 8:17 PM

A close render of the head, with the female morph applied.

adh3d website

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 9:09 AM

The shape of the big toe is looking off to me.

I think you started out with an exceptional charactaristic figure, but are getting sidetracked by the female and african morphs/textures that less time has been spent in doing. As a result they are looking inferior to your initial work.

I'd rather see more basic structural morphs done, and smooth body part scaling added.

You can always add additional morphs or textures as injection, a new replacement OBJ or cr2, or you could make rigging adjustments and repurpose your base mesh for a female instead of trying to force a morph to work.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.