Wed, Sep 18, 7:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:30 pm)

Subject: best export format

R.P.Studios ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 6:25 AM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 6:51 AM

Greetings all...so being tired of DazStudio finally i reinstalled my Poser 8 and forgot how to use it basically LOL

I am curious what would be the best format to export from Poser into Cinema 4D WITHOUT extra plug-ins i gotta pay for...thanks for your time :)

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 7:44 AM

Hmm....without the plugins to the big software packages (comes only with pro I believe) and no collada format (definitely only comes with pro) I'm not sure how you can export and retain the rigging. I hope someone else has a solution for you :).

Laurie

aRtBee ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 1:17 PM

I'm not into C4D anymore, but I would test OBJ first and LightWave second, perhaps in combi with FBX for the pose/animation/rigging.

Note that the poser objects themselves come in OBJ format (in the Geometries folder of your runtime), so exporting them in OBJ might give the least loss "in translation".

From a bit of surfing I understood that Lightwave is some COLLADA derivative, but that might be for later versions only. But Poser exports LW-5 as well as 6 (at least my Pro does; some programs only import LW5 - don't know for C4D).

This tut: http://designertoday.com/Tutorials/Poser/1686/Poser.to.Cinema.Animation.e.Frontier.Poser.and.Cinema.4D.Tutorial.aspx

looks recent enough, and uses OBJ.

have fun

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 2:40 PM

isn't there a freebie version of IPP ?

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

R.P.Studios ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2012 at 4:05 PM

no Frank...not to my knowledge...a demo i am sure though

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

AVANZ ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2012 at 8:20 PM

I use Collada with both Poser 8 and Poser Pro 2012 and it works very well exporting to MODO.

The only downside, which why it might be better to get a plugin, is the shaders. The diffuse map will come in allright but anything else you have to recreate.

You can set the export unit to whatever you use in C4D (meters in my case) and it will come in at the correct size. Except V4 is 1.92m, but that is a DAZ curiosity.....

Also I use the CollectSceneInventory script to export all the image maps into a folder, so I don't have to search for it in the Runtime!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.