Fri, Sep 20, 2:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 2:35 pm)

Subject: Light In Windows

Blue_Boy ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2012 at 5:08 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:32 PM

Is there a way in Poser to have lights in windows with the light showing on the outside?

If so is there a tutorial for this

Thanx for any help

mysticeagle ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2012 at 6:01 AM

file_479782.jpg

i think you need to be a little more specific, do you mean that a room is lit, and the camera view is from the outside of the window, i have done a little example to see if that is what you want, the only light is one point light positioned in the room, all other lights were deleted and the render was run with indirect lighting on and raytracing set on the point light, light constraint inverse square

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2012 at 9:02 AM

And I must add, please post which Poser version you are using.  Mysticeagle mentioned specific which may not apply to your particular iteration.  It will help us tremedously so we may give you the best advice.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2012 at 10:11 AM

If it is only for a few rooms you could put a point light in each room to illuminate the interior. Can you be more specific on exactly what you are trying to achieve, what the room behind the window is like, what type of lighting you want represented, and whether this is a daytime or night time scene, etc?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.