Tue, Oct 22, 12:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Doc size?

3eighty ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 7:02 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:36 AM

What size document set-up to you work with?  I have been using Max recommended but I beleive thats why I can never get anything imported or centered correctly..Set me straight please..

Tnak you

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 7:23 PM

Since I render out in mostly 16:9 ratio these days (HD), I build scenes with a window that is 1600x900. (my monitor is set to 1920x1200) Which allows me to see the whole doc.

Overall - I use small document windows to work in until I get a scene built up how I want it, then I make the doc the final size I want or, if I am going to render out really big, I get the doc to be the aspect ratio I want and then render the image out to disk.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

3eighty ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 11:11 PM

Thank You AS..I tried those settings and I like...May I ask what camera view you work with...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2012 at 4:13 AM

Camera view? Do you mean the Field Of View? (FOV)

If that's what ya mean, my default is always set at a Bryce FOV of 40. That is very roughly close to what the human eye sees. I use 40 because I have done a lot of modeling within Bryce and I just wanted a normal/basic view. Is that what ya meant?

Daworth ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2012 at 4:54 AM

Quote - ...May I ask what camera view you work with...

If you mean camera or director view, you will find that if you use camera view and use the move widget on the toolbar to move your objects they move in reverse to where you want them to go.  It can get confusing when you get a lot of objects in your scene.  I personally always work in director view for this reason.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2012 at 5:48 AM

Exactly, lol.
I've only ever used the Director's view, period.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2012 at 12:20 PM
Forum Moderator

Directors view is my fav.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

3eighty ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2012 at 2:51 PM

A BIG thank you to all of you..

tjohn ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2012 at 4:28 PM

I add  a sphere to the scene and move the camera to the bottom of the "overhead view" and set the camera position to (0,0,0), then I change to "camera view" and adjust the camera height until the sphere is centered in the render area. Then I save this as the "default.brx" file. Now all the camera movement arrows and object movement arrows work in a way that makes visual sense to me; otherwise as Daworth notes, "you will find that if you use camera view and use the move widget on the toolbar to move your objects they move in reverse to where you want them to go." The only problem with this is that some imported objects are facing to the rear and will need to be rotated on the vertical axis to face the camera. But many imported objects need to be rotated on more than one axis anyway, so...

Those who have become accustomed to a different view will probably find this confusing but I had already used several other 3D programs and most used a similar orientation. Until I brought Bryce more in line with what I expected, I found it very difficult to use. My current default made using Bryce much more intuitive (to me, anyway). I arrived at this by trial and error. Bryce is very flexible, mess around with it until does what YOU want.

I hope some can find this helpful, and sorry for the long post,

John

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

tjohn ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2012 at 11:39 PM

OK, I was trying to create the process from memory, and well, memory does not serve me well, LOL. If you select the camera (perspective) in one of the orthographic views (from front,  from right, from left, from top) and then select "Attributes" from the "Object" drop-down menu at the top of the screen you will see 3 sets of coordinates. I have them set in the following manner:

(0,10,-50)

(0,10,-50)

(0,0,0)

then add a sphere to the scene. When you switch to "camera view", you should see the sphere in the center of the screen.

Then everything should work as described in my first post.

Sorry,

John

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

3eighty ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2012 at 3:16 PM

Its ok John..I have my 7 year old grandson here to translate it for me..hahaha

Thank You...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.