Sun, Sep 22, 8:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Blackhearted Anastasia Clothing...

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2012 at 3:25 PM

You know what, I deleted my post on Morphing Clothes.  I thought you meant Content Mirror.  DOH!  That's the program he updated, and it works with weight maps now.

AFAIK though, I think Morphing clothes has always worked with weight maps.

Sorry about my confusion.

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - is there any news of Morphing Clothes utility and weightmaps?

it's an exciting time to work in Poser.

Yes, Dimension 3D has updated Morphing Clothes to work with weight maps, and it works perfectly! 

If you've already purchased it, you can get the update in your downloads section.

Really?  Oh JOY!!

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2012 at 3:32 PM

oh. okay.  re-downloading anyway.   the only wm figures i have are Alyson2, Ryan2, and V4wm. 

i want to make a wm mermaid tale for Alyson2.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Letterworks ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2012 at 7:08 PM

Since Morph Cloth works on MORPHS and that technology is basically the same on weight mapped figures or fall off zone figures, it should work the same as before.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2012 at 5:31 PM

Quote - what is Blackhearted making next i wonder?

soon :P

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2012 at 6:44 PM

Quote - > Quote - what is Blackhearted making next i wonder?

Oooooo...

How....vague. LOL

Laurie

toastie ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2012 at 8:09 PM

Yay! :D

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2012 at 9:11 PM

Is that DAZ soon?  :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2012 at 10:45 AM · edited Wed, 28 March 2012 at 10:45 AM

making clothes for Anastasia,
do i make it fit Alyson2 first, then worry about fitting the Anastsia morphs?

or can i model it around Anastasia and not worry about Alyson2 bodyfit?

for V4, i would make it fit V4 first, and then worry about the body morphs.

i'm not sure what logic to follow for Anastasia?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2012 at 1:41 PM

Misty

Either method is valis as far as I can tell. If you are making a product for the market place, they have an Anastasia department so they will accept something tailor made to her body shape.

I've sort of found in making clothing to fit BH characters in the past that it;s probably better for sales to target the GND figure. Makeing a GND morph in clothing made for V4 just seemed to get lost amoong ALL of the dozens of DAZ shaping morphs. Where as clothing make specifically for a GND figure stood out.

thinkcooper ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2012 at 2:08 PM · edited Thu, 29 March 2012 at 2:09 PM

Quote - Is that DAZ soon?  :lol:

No. 😊

LilWolff ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2012 at 3:59 PM

Quote - > Quote - Is that DAZ soon?  :lol:

No. 😊

The suspense thickens...

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2012 at 6:47 PM

Coop is answering for Gabe? Wow, this IS getting interesting ;).

Laurie

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2012 at 7:16 PM

Quote - > Quote - Is that DAZ soon?  :lol:

No. 😊

Ahhh.....   :biggrin:  I had noticed that Gabe and certain other folks have been very scarce lately-obviously they have been quite busy, and I now see it's not with GNDG....  😉

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

3doutlaw ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2012 at 2:00 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Well, someone needed to pull this thread back from the depths ;-)

How about Ana in Carrara! :thumbupboth:  WOOT!

toastie ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2012 at 4:12 PM

Nice pic! :)

And lovely though she is nude I'd still love to get a few more clothes for her. She's a bit wasted in my runtime right now... :(

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2012 at 5:31 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Yeah I've been a bit disappointed at the lack of clothing especially seeing how many had initially claimed to be working on various items.   Seems it's not easy to rig conformers for WM figures? 

LilWolff ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2012 at 8:12 PM

I will add my disappointment to Kalypso's. ;-(

Although I have noted that  ElorOnceDark has been touching base now and then, their were others that we have not heard from in a very long time.

Before someone mentions wardrobe wizard again, when I mention lack of clothing.  I have it, I have used it since it first came out. It is one of my favorites for posers but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want something made just for this figure or others.

Is it the rigging for WM figures? Or is there interest elsewhere?

meatSim ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2012 at 8:52 PM

For myself, I had a lot of trouble getting things to work right on anastasia.  But I'm quite novice at this so I have been working on a little project for Antonia WM.  I may revisit this figure now that I have had a little more practice with weightmapping and adjusting the weights on the clothing.

Quote - I will add my disappointment to Kalypso's. ;-(

Although I have noted that  ElorOnceDark has been touching base now and then, their were others that we have not heard from in a very long time.

Before someone mentions wardrobe wizard again, when I mention lack of clothing.  I have it, I have used it since it first came out. It is one of my favorites for posers but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want something made just for this figure or others.

Is it the rigging for WM figures? Or is there interest elsewhere?

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2012 at 9:39 PM

file_480368.jpg

The Jeans set

well I have to say that I've been distracted with a couple of other projects that came up. Here are a couple of more WIPS, everything is nearly done but for the packaging and a couple of morphs that Isort of stalled on. THings work but I'm just not totally happy, so I need to go back over it all.

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2012 at 9:41 PM

file_480369.jpg

The Business Suit

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2012 at 9:59 PM · edited Wed, 11 April 2012 at 10:00 PM

file_480372.jpg

> Quote - Yeah I've been a bit disappointed at the lack of clothing especially seeing how many had initially claimed to be working on various items.   Seems it's not easy to rig conformers for WM figures? 

Wardrobe wizard is a wonderful thing.

From left to right

Miki 2, GNDA2, G2 Sydney, V3, V4

Outfit is V4 Courageous

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2012 at 10:49 PM

file_480373.jpg

Yeah, I'm sorry it's taking so long to get some clothing out for her but you have to understand this is my first attempt at using the new weight mapping rigging so it's really been a learning curve--even though I've been making conformers for almost ten years!

I've also been having a rough time with Ana's morphs.  I'm not knocking Gabriel in any way, but the gorgeous breast morphs he did just weren't looking to good on my clothes.  After going round and round, I decided just to support a few of Alyson's breast morphs.  (BreastDiameter, BreastsImplants, BreastsLarge, and BreastsPerk) They don't all look the greatest on a nekkid Ana, but they seem to work well enough on the clothing.

I'm in the texturing phase right now so it shouldn't be too much longer.  Here's a little WIP of the halter so far.

Letterworks ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2012 at 1:32 AM

Thing is, EOD, the breast morphs you're refering to are actually legacy from the original Alison 2 and were never really meant to work with the re-sculpt. There may be some Ana specific morphs in the future, or at least there were plans for them, but until then the oncs that came with the original Alison need to be used sparingly at best, so trying to support them IS a bi**h and may be best left off of Ana specific clothing or pick and choose which to include, as you're doing.

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2012 at 1:49 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

ssgbryan, I'm well aware of WW being one of its first beta testers and adopting it since it first came out.  Lately though I've been finding that almost everything I convert needs to have it's joints adjusted for falloff and I'm always getting spikes when posing.  I guess getting older has made me less patient :)

Nice to see the progress.  That's a great suit Letterworks and I love the fit the jeans have too.  Can't wait! 

Letterworks ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2012 at 2:12 AM

the Jeans and top are re-fits of a set I have for V4. Naturally they have had to be re-rigged and regrouped but the textures maps are the same so there may even be a few extra setsin the store (I don;t know for sure, I haven;t looked lately, but he V4 set is still there so the texture sets may be as well).

After I get thru this weekend I'll put a push on and see if i can;t get them finished.

THe suit is a little more problematic. I rgged it with weight maps and JCMs, no addedbody handles and it works about 95% of the poses with no poke thru. There are still a few rough spots to work out.

toastie ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2012 at 7:23 AM

Great to hear these projects are still going on! :)

I haven't really got the hang of WW, I've always used XD and got reasonable results but my efforts with WW aren't pleasing me that much so far. I also don't really want to have to get a load of new licences so I can convert the clothes.

Ana is having to make do with dynamic clothes made in MD when I can be bothered, poor lass! :D

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2012 at 10:23 AM

I was hoping that the Poser Place Outfitter would be able to work on Alyson2/Anastasia as a WM character?  Does anyone know if this is the case, for sure?  I asked over at Poser place, but the response was that the responder thought it may be too different?

3doutlaw ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2012 at 9:00 AM · edited Fri, 13 April 2012 at 9:00 AM

So is all the secrecy around here related to the post I saw asking about new characters in SR2 or coming for Poser?  Did Smith Micro get Gabe on board for a new Poser WM gal to be reckoned with?

Any word on the updated face expressions/morphs stuff?

Now that I got Anastasia in Carrara, I have a renewed interest in my investment!

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2012 at 9:56 AM · edited Fri, 13 April 2012 at 9:57 AM

You know what the rest of us non-SM ppl know. And the ppl that do know ain't gonna tell you...lolol.

Damn the luck.

Laurie

3doutlaw ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2012 at 3:57 PM

Yea, Daz used to have copyright on the term "soon", but it seems that it is now becoming an industry standard  :glare:

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2012 at 6:29 PM · edited Fri, 13 April 2012 at 6:32 PM

Well, SM tends not to say anything until something is ready for release so as not to be accused of "Daz Soon TM" Technically nothing was really said about anything, as far as anything SM anyway...lol. If something was said, I missed it :P.

Laurie

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2012 at 6:32 PM

The good thing about SM is they :

1. Listen
  2. Follow up
  3. Tend to keep their promices

:-)

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 12:37 PM

Quote - I've also been having a rough time with Ana's morphs.  I'm not knocking Gabriel in any way, but the gorgeous breast morphs he did just weren't looking to good on my clothes.  After going round and round, I decided just to support a few of Alyson's breast morphs.  (BreastDiameter, BreastsImplants, BreastsLarge, and BreastsPerk) They don't all look the greatest on a nekkid Ana, but they seem to work well enough on the clothing.

there are pushup and breast size morphs included with Anastasia, they dont need to be run at full strength (full strength BreastSize is absolutely enormous - and i set the dial limits to 1.55 because the morph actually holds up until then, but the boobs are comically huge at that value :)   you can use the dials at partial strengths and even use them at (low) negative values to get a decent range of shapes and sizes.

regarding your clothing and the base Alyson breast morphs not looking right:  email me your top OBJ and ill make you a custom breast morph specifically for it that you can include with your pack - theres enough mesh density there to even have some cleavage poofing out at the top :P

i also find it is easier to just poke things around with the morph brush most of the time than it is to use the built-in SM morphs. so if anyone wants custom shapes that are not achievable with the dials, pretty much anything can be made in minutes with the morph brush - including 'squish' type morphs.

heading out for a (long overdue) vacation for the weekend but ill be back on Tuesday if anyone needs any help.

cheers,
-Gabriel

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 2:29 PM

Thanks dude!  I was having a little luck on the breast size morph as long as I stayed below 1, but I wasn't sure if that would pass QA in the Marketplace.  I love the push-up morph, and I'd love to model some clothing specifically for it, but I just couldn't seem to get a clothing morph to look right with it.  One of the problems I was having was the zipper in the center getting pretty jacked up. 

I sent you a Skype message.

Thanks again!

Quote - > Quote - I've also been having a rough time with Ana's morphs.  I'm not knocking Gabriel in any way, but the gorgeous breast morphs he did just weren't looking to good on my clothes.  After going round and round, I decided just to support a few of Alyson's breast morphs.  (BreastDiameter, BreastsImplants, BreastsLarge, and BreastsPerk) They don't all look the greatest on a nekkid Ana, but they seem to work well enough on the clothing.

there are pushup and breast size morphs included with Anastasia, they dont need to be run at full strength (full strength BreastSize is absolutely enormous - and i set the dial limits to 1.55 because the morph actually holds up until then, but the boobs are comically huge at that value :)   you can use the dials at partial strengths and even use them at (low) negative values to get a decent range of shapes and sizes.

regarding your clothing and the base Alyson breast morphs not looking right:  email me your top OBJ and ill make you a custom breast morph specifically for it that you can include with your pack - theres enough mesh density there to even have some cleavage poofing out at the top :P

i also find it is easier to just poke things around with the morph brush most of the time than it is to use the built-in SM morphs. so if anyone wants custom shapes that are not achievable with the dials, pretty much anything can be made in minutes with the morph brush - including 'squish' type morphs.

heading out for a (long overdue) vacation for the weekend but ill be back on Tuesday if anyone needs any help.

cheers,
-Gabriel

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 9:10 PM

file_481689.jpg

morph for EOD's tailgunner top :)

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 9:30 PM

Quote - morph for EOD's tailgunner top :)

This will work with Shae won't it?

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 9:34 PM

^yep, thats actually her body in the screencap i just posted

toastie ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 6:25 AM

Yay!

Hope this means Tailgunner is getting closer.... :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.