Thu, Sep 19, 5:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: 400 square meters of Mandelbulb

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2012 at 12:16 PM · edited Tue, 20 August 2024 at 9:13 AM

3.3 Gigapixel mandelbulb image by Mandelwerk/Kraftwerk - 1 month of rendering and two weeks of stitching...

http://mandelwerk.com/

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

Feliciti ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2012 at 11:23 AM

wow impressive !!

KnightWolverine ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 8:37 AM

I transfered this over to my 52" palsma HD TV using my sons XBox 360 to actually be able to get a real feel of it's actual size as my PC is only 1366 X 768 res...

You should see it Lenord....OMG!!!!!

The clarity is unbelievable buddy!....

If I was to attempt rendering anything that was a gigapixel...let alone 3.3 my PC would let out a scream...followed by a puff of smoke and then shut down....basically telling me.....FU## You!!!....rofl!.....

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 9:18 AM

Mandelwerk/Kraftwerk is one of the most impressive 3D fractalists around, his concept work and Deep explorations are incredible. Huge Renders like that are not so much Computer resource intensive as Time intensive since they are Rendered in Blocks and stitched together in Postwork, still the patience to do something like that is amazing.

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

Danny_G ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2012 at 11:58 AM

Thats sick. Thanks for the links Len 

Danny_Gordon
New World Digital Art

greyone ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2012 at 7:53 AM

Wow Len, this is amazing.  I usually render at 3200X1600 and then have to scale way down to fit on the site.  This big is just amazing, but must take a very very long time.

X-PaX ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2012 at 12:04 PM

Very impressive work.

X-PaX

SiteMail

→ [ www.3dspots.de ]   |   [ www.cwhp.de ]

claudia02 ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2012 at 4:30 PM · edited Fri, 11 May 2012 at 4:30 PM

That would be much more interesting if it were a complex structure,
which fills the whole picture.

Das wäre viel Interessanter, wenn es ein komplexes Gebilde wäre,
was das ganze Bild ausfüllt.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.