Thu, Sep 19, 9:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Removing all transformations w/i Carrara...

MatCreator ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2012 at 2:31 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 12:55 PM

Hey gang, hope all is good =)

Hopefully, this "should" be a quick question, lol...

Is it possible to have an object in Carrara, that when you imported it you needed to scale and rotate it, and now you want to tell Carrara to take these transforms and set them as if it were at 0 (in short, as if no transform ever happened?!?)?!?

Hope that makes sense...

Thanks.....

There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that can count, and those that can't..

jt411 ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2012 at 5:07 PM

Just zero out everything under the Motion tab. An actual "Restore" button would be nice though :)

MatCreator ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2012 at 8:57 PM

Nah, that's only going to change everything back the way it was, for example... I have a rig that was imported and I am attaching my model to it. I import the model, and I had to resize and rotate the model. What I want, is for the model to "pretend" I never resized or rotated it, and to accept its new size and angle as its "default"...

I tried importing, resizing, rotating and exporting AGAIN to import as a new object, but that didn't work =(

I need for the model to accept the new settings BEFORE I attach it to the rig you see.....

There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that can count, and those that can't..

jt411 ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2012 at 10:58 AM

Ha! I knew that question was too easy!

I guess I'd have to see exactly what you're doing, but this may do the trick:

After you're done translating, scaling, and rotating your object, go Edit > Promote to Master; that should reset all of the translation values to zero without doing anything to your model.

Let me know if that helps!

JT

ProPose001 ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2012 at 12:19 AM

What works for me is to export the object as obj and then re-import the obj.  all should become zero as far as scale and rotations go

MatCreator ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2012 at 12:20 PM · edited Tue, 03 April 2012 at 12:22 PM

file_480090.jpg

I did try the export/import bit, and even used a bit of other file formats, but NONE worked =/ The attached image shows what the object/figure looks like at the re-scaled, re-rotated and re-positioned state. When I export/import, I get the size directly under that, and when I try yet again (ex/importing the 2nd import), I get the same size, as shown on far right. Si it shrinks on round 1, but stays the same for round 3 =P

I must be doing something so wrong.....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.