Sat, Sep 21, 10:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:29 pm)

Subject: Apply texture pose to clothing item and character's head shrinks . . .

verg ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2012 at 10:16 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 2:28 AM

file_480624.JPG

Hello Friends,

I am currently using Poser 2012 pro and when applying a texture pose to a clothing item (yes, the clothing item is the one active) the figure's head shrinks.  Undo will undo the texture pose but not the head shrinking.  It has done this on V4 and Alyson2.  I've been using Poser since version 1 and have never seen the like.  Any ideas?

Regards,

Verg

moriador ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2012 at 2:05 AM

Poser is now simulating the aftermath of psychiatric treatment. shudder

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2012 at 10:58 AM

It sounds like Poser Cross Talk.  Not sure of the solution.

Maybe try changing the order you are doing things.  Try loading the base figure, then the clothing, inject the clothing textures/morphs, and then inject the character morphs?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

JAFO ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2012 at 11:14 AM · edited Fri, 20 April 2012 at 11:15 AM

i had a similar prob  with V4 and couldnt find a solution that worked ...i had to settle for a work-around of setting min/max in the paramater dial for head size on the body level to zero(or whatever you want)... if its a personal use item i think this works fine, if its a sale item this is not an option .... hope you find this helpfull...

:O)

Y'all have a great day.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2012 at 1:36 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I knew a guy like that.  He'd opened a bottle and a beautiful female genie appeared and granted him three wishes.

He said, "First, I'd like to be wealthy beyond dreams"  So she made that come true.  For his next wish, he said he'd like a private jet to take him to a secluded tropical island for a few days vacation.  She told him the jet would be about 30 minutes.

So, looking at her and seeing how beautiful she was he said, "How about giving me a little head while we wait?"

:) 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

verg ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2012 at 1:39 PM

Another interesting item is the dial settings do not change.  They still show 100 percent.

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 1:31 PM

Sam

:lol:

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 3:00 PM

Regular V4 or a weightmapped one? I've been playing with a weightmapped M4 exported from Daz Studio into Poser 9 and just found that when applying a pose to him, it also "inflates" his entire body. As if I'd upped every Freak morph to maximum, but when I check none of the dial settings have changed. Undoing it merely returns him to the previous pose but will not restore his proper size. I thought perhaps the pose had a morph setting saved in it by mistake -- it happens. But that same pose works perfectly on a non-weightmapped M4 with the exact same character morphs applied. Nothing expands or shrinks then. Am using P9 SR2, if that makes any difference, and I've never seen Poser do that before either. Weird!

verg ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 4:46 PM

I really don't know about Alyson 2.  Is that figure weightmapped?  The V4.2 version I am using is not weight mapped.

Thank you to all who have ventured some ideas on what is happening in this example.

Regards

Verg

FaeMoon ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 4:48 PM

Quote - Regular V4 or a weightmapped one? I've been playing with a weightmapped M4 exported from Daz Studio into Poser 9 and just found that when applying a pose to him, it also "inflates" his entire body. As if I'd upped every Freak morph to maximum, but when I check none of the dial settings have changed. Undoing it merely returns him to the previous pose but will not restore his proper size. I thought perhaps the pose had a morph setting saved in it by mistake -- it happens. But that same pose works perfectly on a non-weightmapped M4 with the exact same character morphs applied. Nothing expands or shrinks then. Am using P9 SR2, if that makes any difference, and I've never seen Poser do that before either. Weird!

Birdie, I think that weight Mapped M4 is meant to be done completely inside poser, if it's the one from Poser Place.

At least that's my understanding.

Delaney

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 5:08 PM

Have not got that one yet, this one is a regular M4 that I loaded into DS 4 Pro, injected his morph packs then exported him as a Triax weightmapped figure like you do with Genesis. But if there is another one around that I can get my grubby little paws on ... lemme at him! 

FaeMoon ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 6:37 PM

Quote - Have not got that one yet, this one is a regular M4 that I loaded into DS 4 Pro, injected his morph packs then exported him as a Triax weightmapped figure like you do with Genesis. But if there is another one around that I can get my grubby little paws on ... lemme at him! 

I'm not sure they've released him yet, but they are working on him.  I have the WM V4 which is a huge improvement on the regular v4.   There's a script which you run on the DAZ 4.2 CR2 file and it rebones the figure making it weight mapped.  You can even load all the morphs into the figure and then resave it yourself so you don't have to load morphs everytime you use it.  It's pretty awesome.  I got the toes fix here and installed it too on top of the others.  I feel like I"m having my cake and eating it too.  :)

They also have a script to reconfigure the clothing since it bends differently.  I've noticed you even have to do it for the hair.  The script for the clothing works on the Antonia WM stuff too and I presume new figures will be added to the menu for it as they go.

I kinda hoped when you said what you did that they had released him, already, cause I was going to go snatch him up.

I've heard that putting the daz Genesis figure into Poser has had rather lukewarm results.  I haven't tried it yet, but if you are having results like this with the M4 one, then maybe I don't want to.  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.