Wed, Sep 25, 2:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 6:54 am)

Subject: BackGround Video

aNimProdAction ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2012 at 5:27 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 2:17 AM

Hi, is it possible to ad a movie clip as background in DazStudio4?

Thanks in advance

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2012 at 8:46 AM

No, at least not to show in preview - if you break it down into an image sequence there are ways of using it in a render.

MaryHines ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2012 at 8:48 AM

far as i can tell, only possible with sequenced images  : http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=122803&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

aNimProdAction ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2012 at 8:53 AM

Thanks. i was trying to use video for refrence an animation of a character move.

Any advice on how to do it? 

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2012 at 10:09 AM

Quote - Thanks. i was trying to use video for refrence an animation of a character move.

Any advice on how to do it? 

Your best bet is to see first if there are any tutorials on using backgrounds with animations for Studio 4, using Bing or Google for that may bring up several different forums and sites that can provide information for you on that.  You may want to see if you can find the pdf file for Studio and see if they have something like that in their product manual as well.  Another avenue- post a thread on the daz3D.com forums and direct it toward the admins or the vendors on a chance that someone there may have already done what you have in mind.

If you do, you may want to go into specifics on what you want to accomplish other than what you've stated here.  They will want to know more.

aNimProdAction ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2012 at 5:05 PM

"Your best bet is to see first if there are any tutorials on using backgrounds with animations for Studio 4, using Bing or Google for that may bring up several different forums and sites that can provide information for you on that.  You may want to see if you can find the pdf file for Studio and see if they have something like that in their product manual as well.  Another avenue- post a thread on the daz3D.com forums and direct it toward the admins or the vendors on a chance that someone there may have already done what you have in mind."

Sooo, your saying that no one here knows anything about this...

Ok ill try look somewhere else then.

Thanks for the pointers to keep me going in search for the holly grall ;)

blueblott ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2012 at 11:57 PM

Hi Nim prodaction

There is a plugin that works in DazStudio 3 "Animated Textures" by Dreamlight.

That you can do this with. You first have to convert your video into frames then you create a plane to apply the video to which you could make into a tv screen and have running in a room scene.which i found very good.

As far as DazStudio 4  they have not upgraded the plugin as yet to work in this version.

I did ask this question over in the Daz forums  NUTS N BOLTS / Dreamlight a week or so ago but never had a reply.( in fact my queation was taken off i dont know why as i never blag any one ever!)  I am also wanting to do this in DS 4 . I think Daz is a little slow in releasing the sdk for ds4 to the vendors.

Another way maybe is go to the daz forums under daz freebies look for a script that could do what you need. MJCasual has lots of scripts there. I will be doing the same shortly. lol

Goodluck

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.