Sun, Sep 22, 4:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Hi, help with a model?

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 10:03 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:35 AM

I bought this the other day, http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/ray-4046/58961, but it behaves a bit iffy. 

I have both P7 and DS3, but it doesn't seem to work at all in DS3, so Poser it is, which is why I asked this here.

Everything loads in a preset pose, not the default T-pose. Now, in DS3, I can't use the "Fit To" function because it plain doesn't work. In P7 I can conform the suit (and everything else) to V4 and it works fine. What's the difference? Can I tweak the figures to load in T-Pose and work as "Fit To" in DS3? I ask because I am much more familiar with DS, but I want to see if I can use Poser to fix it.

Thanks.

FreeBass ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 10:22 AM

I'm not a Daz user, but I have one idea you can try.

Load Vicky, turn off IK, & save her default pose.

Load the suit & apply the pose you just saved from Vicky.

Save the suit under a new name.

Try it.

If it doesn't work, delete the newly saved outfit (no need to bloat your Runtime)

If it does work, you're welcome :)

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 10:25 AM

Ok, I'll try that. I'm relatively new to Poser, so... it may take time for me to figure everything out, :-P

Thanks.

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 10:25 AM

Ah, before I start. Saving the new suit... as a figure or something like that, I assume?

FreeBass ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 10:28 AM

Yup. I would save it right with the original so it's easy to find. Under a new name is important, so you won't have to re-install it if something goes wrong.

WARNING!

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 10:33 AM

Ok, goes to show I'm a total newbie with Poser, hah. How do I save the new V4 pose? I figured out how to turn IK off, but I can't figure out how to save the pose...

FreeBass ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 10:37 AM

To save anything, go to the respective Library (Pose, Figure, Light, etc.) & click the "+" icon at the bottom. The "-" will delete it if you find you don't need/ want it.

WARNING!

3anson ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 10:41 AM

ok, make sure you have the folder open and active that you want to save in,there will be a '+' sign either top or bottom of the figures tab. select the item in viewport, press the '+' symbol, and a pop-up should appear prompting you to name and save back to the library

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 10:42 AM

Ok, got all that, :) 

Now testing if the suit conforms properly, :)

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 10:42 AM

Thanks!

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 10:50 AM

Ok, success! The suit conforms somewhat correctly, :) Thanks, Freebass and 3anson. 

The ankles of the suit still don't conform correctly, and there is pokethrough everywhere, but hey, it works for the most part. Now to do that for every bit of the armor, :-P 

Or perhaps I'll just use this suit in Poser since it seems to work fine there... 

But what's the deal? I thought a conformer was a conformer. Why does it work differently in the different programs?

FreeBass ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 10:59 AM

Pokethru can be an easy fix... if the suit is s'posed to fully cover a given body part, just turn off visibility for that part on Vicky (in the Heirarch Editor in Poser, or on the Properties tab on the parameter dials. I don't know the equivalent in daz, but there should be one)

As for why they work differently.... different progs/ different methods would be the easy (& prob'ly unsatisfying) answer.

WARNING!

3anson ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 11:01 AM

maybe different algorithms?  i have shoes that onform perfectly in DS2/3, P7/8/PP2010, but do not conform correctly in PP20112?  weird i know. maybe check the fall-offs?

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 11:16 AM

Yeah, the pokethrough's not an issue. Like you said, easy fix, :)

3anson - How would I do that? I also just noticed that when I apply a pose to V4, there is weird poly behavior in one of the arms, like... it extrudes? I can post a picture when I come back.

3anson ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 11:21 AM

yup, sounds like fall-off needs adjusting. i believe you have the FST for DS3?, the joint editor is the tool you need.

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 11:22 AM

I don't have those, so I guess I'll have to do that in Poser. Any easy to read tuts on how to do it?

FreeBass ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 11:28 AM

Weird extrudes?  Like a couple of polys just taking off to nowhere?

In Poser or Daz?

WARNING!

3anson ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 11:38 AM

http://www.contentparadise.com/sellers/cpstaff/sidecar/1584506970_Chapter%2013.pdfccom

that might help, or Xaa might know a better one

heddheld ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 12:08 PM

AG I think DS4 pro is still free and it has all the tools built in (can also get hex and bryce free)

(not sure whne that offer ends so if I'm late sorry)

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 12:40 PM

I took a look at the content requirements for this particular product.  First, it is 5 years old with no upgrade mentioned in the Editorial section.  Second, it was created initially for PoserProPack, no testing in DAZStudio whatsoever.  Third, it was developed as conforming clothes. 

To properly conform clothing to character, you must pose the model first, then add your clothing to the scene and conform.  You should see very little pokethrough, if at all, if the costume was created correctly.  As was mentioned, making body parts invisible offsets this problem. 

The extrusions may be related to whether you are using OpenGL or SreeD.  Switch between them and note any improvement. 

Angelus_Prime ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2012 at 2:27 PM

FreeBass - This would be already in DS. Suit works fine in Poser, but I would like to have it working at least decently in both programs since I'm starting to switch between both. It's nothing too crazy, but it's visible.

3anson - I'll take a look at that one, thanks, :)

heddheld - Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not interested in DS4, :)

hborre - Yeah, I figured since it was pretty old it'll have a bit of issues, I guess I've never seen clothing outside of the standard T-Pose. I thought it was easier to model that way? I can use it in Poser if I need to, I just prefer DS3 personally, but I'd like to have it usable in both programs, you know? So let's see what can be done, :) Maybe I can release a freebie or something to make it usable in DS3.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.