Fri, Sep 20, 10:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: New features you'd like to see in Vue 11.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 2:58 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

For me, some shadow catching (see modo, Carrara).

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 8:08 AM

i (wild dream time!) would like to see xfrog integration, and some GPU + CPU rendering.

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

JCD ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 9:06 AM

I'm still holding out for some basic modeling tools. I know there are plenty of great modelers out there, Cheetah 3D being my favorite go-to app, but for simple things, it would be nice to not have to leave Vue.

smallspace ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 2:38 PM

Automatic river and lake generation using rules of gravity and georaphy.

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 6:58 PM

Waterfall dynamics....as in a robust enough particle system to handle same. Such a system could then be used for other things, like rain, dust storms, etc. There would have to be some form of gravity to go with it, of course.....

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sat, 05 May 2012 at 11:46 AM

A refund button on the crash report screen lol

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

sapa ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 5:06 AM

not being raped everytime an upgrade comes out

I own many high end musical programs and ALL of them

will have a FREE upgrade not always but 80% of the time

thats all

sapa ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 5:13 AM

and what about DAZ 3D, gave everything away

vue needs to throw the love around

i know of one software company who did a free upgrade

and their sales skyrocketed

1st rule in business

keep the customers happy

penboack ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2012 at 7:48 AM

I would like to see multi-core used for Ecosystem population, which is currently my biggest bottleneck.

The plants are in need of a serious update. There are far too few plants, particularly high resolution one. They need a much much bigger variety of plants, like you will get with the forethcoming Xfrog bundle for Vue.

I think that smallspace idea for automatic river and lake generation based on topology would be amazing.

A VueSync plugin for modo should surely come soon, but maybe before the 11 upgrade.

At some stage the entire GUI needs a complete rethink. It is very clunky compared to any modern application.

They really need to get a grip on the stability issues. Vue is the least stable application that I use!

http://penboa.deviantart.com/

Mazak ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2012 at 9:08 AM

Attached Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_ZHsgKjNNk

*New features you'd like to see in Vue 11*

*This^^: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_ZHsgKjNNk

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

smallspace ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2012 at 3:58 PM

Here's a simple one. Poser's material room has an "on-screen" material picker...works like the color picker in most paint/photo editing programs. Just clicking on the area of the work screen that has the material you want to edit causes it to be selected. This would save me a ton of time scolling though the the "one line only" material listing just trying to find out which of the 9 (out of 200) similar materials is the one I want to edit. 

Oh...and related...if e-on is listening: STOP THE MATERIAL LISTING FROM FLIPPING BACK TO THE BEGINNING EVERY TIME I MERGE 2 MATERIALS!

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

penboack ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2012 at 6:33 PM

Another thing that could be improved when working with materials is the size of the Material Editor's layer list. Why is it so small! Please can we eliminate the unnecessary scrolling.

http://penboa.deviantart.com/

Abraham ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2012 at 4:07 AM

First, a disclaimer, I am not a vue basher and I respect the people at e-on, the few contacts I had with them were always friendly and they were very ready to help, so...

My main problem with vue is the gamma correction. Not the way it is exposed to us (it is pretty close to what you find in mental-ray) but the result it produces. It is very difficult to render a non washed out image. It looks like some of the components are not calculated correctly, whatever you do (atmosphere for exemple). I am well aware of the fact that, in order to use gamma correction in any software you have to have your materials set up for it, but with some elements it seems just impossible to get a decent result. So my main desire would be to see this worked on, even much more than any new feature.

Now, if I had a real new feature request it would be a meterial similar to mental ray arch & design (energy conservative material with brdf adjustment curve). It would be so nice to have such a material implemented into vue and just being able to render any archviz image without having to strugle with external integration :) (Actually, I have been dreaming of this addition for the last three or four vue updates :) )

surveyman ( ) posted Fri, 08 June 2012 at 7:14 PM · edited Fri, 08 June 2012 at 7:15 PM

I'd like to have the ability to lock down a layer.  Even when one 'locks' a layer now, an object on that layer can still be moved - BAD.

Secondly, have the option of locking down an object on a working layer.

In both cases, "locking down" means to have the inability to alter the position of the object.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 8:17 AM

I'd like to be able to import one vue scene into another.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 8:56 AM

still needs particle system and unbiased rendering ;)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 7:16 PM

It would be good to be able to shift click to load a whole lot of different types of plants or rocks etc from a folder when making an ecosystem. eg suppose I want to add all the different types of flowers to paint an eco.  NOrmally we have to do this one at a time.  If we could do them all we could leave vue loading them and go and play on the internet for awhile until the eco is ready to paint.

Love esther

Mazak ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 10:55 AM

Quote - I'd like to be able to import one vue scene into another.

Love esther

Already possible with File/Merge command.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 11:00 AM

Quote - It would be good to be able to shift click to load a whole lot of different types of plants or rocks etc from a folder when making an ecosystem. eg suppose I want to add all the different types of flowers to paint an eco.  NOrmally we have to do this one at a time.  If we could do them all we could leave vue loading them and go and play on the internet for awhile until the eco is ready to paint.

Love esther

I use the drag and drop function for me it's fast enough.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 6:06 PM

can you select a whole lot of things to drop into an eco or is it one at a time. each time i drop one thing in there is a pause.

offrench ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2012 at 7:45 AM

Terrain erosion "à la" Geocontrol would be nice.

A new plant editor (maybe outside of Vue) enabling the creation of plants from scratch.

Realistic water flow simulation.

And... well...

this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7B3HnukQVQ

or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glNhizU1by8

or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYVREWkYIr4

or even this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhm3JYX2h_k

And I don't need it to be in realtime.

Fantasy pictures, free 3d models, 3d tutorials and seamless textures on Virtual Lands.

MNArtist ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2012 at 9:59 AM

I don't think this is really a Vue issue, I think it's more with Poser and the way dynamic hair is created in it, but I would pay BIG bucks, for Vue to be able to accurately (i.e.: appear the way it does in Poser), import Poser Dynamic Hair.

lmx3d ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2012 at 10:18 AM

Quote - I don't think this is really a Vue issue, I think it's more with Poser and the way dynamic hair is created in it, but I would pay BIG bucks, for Vue to be able to accurately (i.e.: appear the way it does in Poser), import Poser Dynamic Hair.

+1 for me on this!!!!!!!!!

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2012 at 6:25 AM

I just can't get good preview images.  I would like the preview to update instantly and look similar to the final render without bits not showing up etc.

ddaydreams ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2012 at 8:42 AM

1: Geo control like Terrain erosion.

2: Masking within Vue with a variety of photoshop like masking tools.

3: Update plants and plant editor for more variety, control and realizism.

4: Again as suggested river and lake generation based on topology.

5: Fluid dynamics for realistic water falls and flowing creeks

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2012 at 11:51 PM

I've asked e-on every year to make non photorealistic rendering for cartoon pics or comic backgrounds, but they never do it.  the python toon script that comes with just isn't great.  they could use an incidence shader.

Love esther

thd777 ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2012 at 1:35 PM · edited Wed, 03 October 2012 at 1:37 PM

First mini preview of a Vue 11 feature: particle snow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbbE57StiA8&feature=player_embedded

TD

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2012 at 1:46 PM

Particles, finally! YES :D

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2012 at 1:34 PM

I wish Vue, and other programs, came with a manual. I like to have a book next to me when I work. It's hard to watch a video over at Geeks and work on a pciture, too.

thd777 ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2012 at 1:56 PM

Quote - I wish Vue, and other programs, came with a manual. I like to have a book next to me when I work. It's hard to watch a video over at Geeks and work on a pciture, too.

While there is no hardcopy, I find that the ~700 page Vue manual (Infinite) in PDF format is excellent. I have it on my iPad next to the computer or have it open on my second monitor. I very much prefer the PDF, it's searchable and I can easily set bookmarks and add notes.

TD

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2012 at 2:16 PM

I have a laptop nxt to my main desktop PC. I will have to try the .pdf. Thanks

Mazak ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2012 at 2:40 PM

Quote - I wish Vue, and other programs, came with a manual. I like to have a book next to me when I work. It's hard to watch a video over at Geeks and work on a pciture, too.

I write here on my Nexus7 . It's good for reading manuals and web surfing.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2012 at 3:20 PM

I have a little 7 inch netbook that will do fine I think.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2012 at 10:53 AM

I want a way to keep from getting those phantom plants autodownloaded from Cornucopia3D.  Nothing against C3D, I buy stuff there a lot, but I don't want those ghost files on my hard drive.  I have Vue set not to show them, but I still don't want them.  I often rearrange items by hand to make it easier to find stuff, and those files are a pain.

Stan57 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 2:33 PM

I want much larger preview images of my content,trees and so on. They are just way too small and i would like the option to view larger. I hate having to squint on my 24in Monitor.

Jack Of All Trades Master Of None

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.