Tue, Oct 22, 5:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 5:16 am)

Subject: Reality and Studio 4.5

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 9:08 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:40 AM

Hello all.

Just wanted to let you know that, if you want to use Studio 4.5RC1 you will need to install it on a separate location and keep you old copy of Studio along with it because Reality 2.2 is not compatible, at the moment, with Studio 4.5.

This is a common issue with all plugins that were made for the current version of Studio, version 4.0.3.47.

Reality will be updated to be compatible with Studio 4.5 around the beginning of June. I'm currently taking some time off, from today till the end of May. I will return at the end of May and work on the Studio 4.5 compatibility right away. I expect to have a beta of Reality 2.3 out to the testers around the end of the first week of June.

Please note that the new version of Studio is a beta, labelled RC1 (Release Candidate 1) and therefore you should install it as an additional version anyway, it is not the final 4.5 version so it might take a few more weeks for the final 4.5 anyway.

What you need to keep in mind is that there will be a new version of Reality compatible with Studio 4.5 and that that will happen in a matter of a few weeks.

All the best.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 11:59 PM

...Thank you.

For the time being I'm still sticking with S3A.

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

Wiccan ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 12:56 AM

Thanks for the update.  

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:28 AM
jamminwolf ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:27 AM

Hey paola!  Thanks for your upmost love to your customers, friend!

I didn't grab DS4.5 but I wanted to let you know that I did read somewhere in the old forum before they shut down that you can't have 4.5 on the same machine as 4.0, as 4.5 will uninstall 4.0.  If I recall, I think there would be an issue as well if they were both on the same machine.  If that's the case (and it's all true), I wouldn't advise installing them both on the same machine.  I may be wrong though, but just to be cautious :)

...wolfie

tparo ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:45 AM

Quote - Hey paola!  Thanks for your upmost love to your customers, friend!

I didn't grab DS4.5 but I wanted to let you know that I did read somewhere in the old forum before they shut down that you can't have 4.5 on the same machine as 4.0, as 4.5 will uninstall 4.0.  If I recall, I think there would be an issue as well if they were both on the same machine.  If that's the case (and it's all true), I wouldn't advise installing them both on the same machine.  I may be wrong though, but just to be cautious :)

...wolfie

This is also what I have read.

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:32 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:34 PM

Quote - Hey paola!  Thanks for your upmost love to your customers, friend!

...wolfie

...hi, long time...

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

jamminwolf ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:51 PM

Quote - ...hi, long time...

Hey buddy!  Yep, indeed it has been a long time! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.