Mon, Sep 16, 11:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 8:32 pm)

Subject: DAZ Store "required products" Funny

RawArt ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 12:32 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 8:09 AM

Attached Link: The Stegolian

I gotta say...the new store actually kind of makes me laugh.

I have a new release (for genesis this time)...and every time I view the page, the "required products" is different...and very random.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/the-stegolian

This is the product.....but I see things like "Requires: Fairytale castle, or V4 ++ morphs, Or millenium kids, or lord knows what else.

It is too funny

Rawn

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 1:10 PM

This one does the same thing...

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/aiden-for-m5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

FyraNyanser ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 2:01 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 2:02 PM

The gremlins have a sense of humour! That Aiden is excellent by the way. It seems crazy to sell it for $1, but I won't be emailing to complain!

Something else I've noticed is that I seem to be getting someone else's wishlist in the store view (such as here if you are logged in). Also, yesterday it had a link "Not <some guy's name>?" at the top, like I was logged into someone else's account, and it had his (huge) wishlist on the page. Fortunately when I went to my account details it was my account.

I also bought my order twice (luckily only about $7) because the final page of the order confirmation didn't come up, and I didn't get an email. Of course, like an idiot, I went through the order again. Still no order confirmation but some time later I got two emails and the order was in my downloads twice. Zendesk isn't working so I can't report this, but it's not a huge deal—I can wait.

Frankly, the team has my sympathies—they must be going through hell. I do IT and did I've done a couple of migrations lately. Not on the same scale, fortunately, but I did a lot of preparation and the live changeover went well—only half an hour later than my estimate in one case. The thing is, though, you just  can never be sure what will happen when you press that big red button, and the bigger you are the harder you fall.

Shiroyama ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 4:07 PM

haha, i saw that stegolian required the "almirena dress"!  can't say i would have thought of trying that!

i have the same problem with it logging me in wrong as "not so-and-so?" -- and i placed an order yesterday for aidan, but it still says pending in my downloads, and no emails, so it seems to work for some people but not others, oh well!  

finkysteets ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:08 PM

Wow.  I got Raiver for V4, but I think it might give Stegolian an identity crisis.  o,o 

I also got "not someones full name?"

I'm sorry.  But with false requirements and private info flying around, it might be time to shut down the store until those things get fixed.  - And I'm one that's not unusually uncomfortable with weirdness.  LOL  

DanaTA ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:34 AM

OK, that other person's name appearing in the logon area is kind of scary.  And seeing someone else's wishlist?  It sounds like someone over there doesn't know how to set up database relationships properly.

It was funny to watch the requirements for Renaissance clothing for Genesis.  - Requires Kids 4 Morphs ++

• Requires Millennium SubDragon 

That second one might be interestingly funny.

Dana

WoolyLoach ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 9:08 AM

Ha, I was checking out an old wedding dress product, and it said it required the "Firearms Pack" THREE TIMES!!!

Talk about a shotgun wedding!

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 9:47 AM

Quote - I gotta say...the new store actually kind of makes me laugh.

I have a new release (for genesis this time)...and every time I view the page, the "required products" is different...and very random.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/the-stegolian

This is the product.....but I see things like "Requires: Fairytale castle, or V4 ++ morphs, Or millenium kids, or lord knows what else.

It is too funny

Rawn

Required product: Romeo!  WTF! lol  AND the only way I see your new release is to choose the list option, the grid option doesn't show it.  It's funny but it's a mess. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RawArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 9:51 AM

Yeah...it is funny....but the humour is wearing off.

I want it fixed now.

LOL

Wiccan ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:36 AM

What he said.   points up

slam ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:19 AM

There's speculation that a lot of the store troubles - including the random 'Required Items' links - may be due to improperly-configured Varnish cache software.

Varnish is a very nice tool, but setting it up properly to support a complex shopping site is not a trivial task.

The Stegolian looks amazing, Raw. Wishlisted.

Skiriki ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 12:37 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 12:38 PM

I confess that I did entertain myself with shift+F5 button for a good while when I was bored...

I, err, may be easily entertained. :D 

Edit: Oh yeah and the lizzzzard-dinoman looks awesome, I may have to consider getting it, although this is kinda going pretty Pokémon right now ("...gotta catch 'em all..."). 

Wishlist: 2,148 items. No, that's not an error.

slam ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 12:56 PM

Hmm ... I thought that Stegolian looked familiar ...

RawArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:06 PM

Quote - Hmm ... I thought that Stegolian looked familiar ...

o.O

Yeah..that must have been the inspiration LOL

finkysteets ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 4:44 PM

Re: the page screw-ups, everything remains the same today, even the same wrong name.  I may clear out the cc till this gets cleared up.    :b   (Unfortunately the renewal is coming up - but I have no written assurances.) 

Still, if I make it, Stegolian will definitely be wishlisted . . . and I'm not even running DS4 yet.  he-he-he  I think he and the Genesis Lizardian would make a cool duo!  (Sorry.  Can't remember the official GenLiz name atm. - out of reach)

When I finally do go 4, I plan on hitting the ground running.  LOL

Skiriki ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 12:24 AM

Quote - > Quote - Hmm ... I thought that Stegolian looked familiar ...

o.O

Yeah..that must have been the inspiration LOL

OMG, you could now do rendered Dilbert strips.

We can do Dogbert, Catbert and Ratbert with Genesis creature morphs (although the idea of turning Hitomi Catgirl into Catbert plus genderswap to the original character is even more entertaining), and the rest of the cast are easy enough...

Do us a red curly-pointed tie as a freebie! :D 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.