Tue, Oct 22, 3:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: OT: MILESTONES

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 12:04 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:32 AM

This week we are hitting a couple of milestones in our lives. 

First, my wife and I are celebrating our 30th wedding celebration, quite an achievement in this day and age.  We been through quite a bit and I don't regret a single moment of it.  Loved her then, love her sitll.

Second, May 23rd, I will be celebrating my 60th birthday.  60 already?  Wow, where have all the years gone?  Hope the grandkids will enjoy our selection of ice cream cake for tomorrow. 

And thanks to this community for being such a great group of ladies and gentlemen.  Always a pleasure to deal, learn and put up with everyone.

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 12:16 PM

Quote - This week we are hitting a couple of milestones in our lives. 

First, my wife and I are celebrating our 30th wedding celebration, quite an achievement in this day and age.  We been through quite a bit and I don't regret a single moment of it.  Loved her then, love her sitll.

Second, May 23rd, I will be celebrating my 60th birthday.  60 already?  Wow, where have all the years gone?  Hope the grandkids will enjoy our selection of ice cream cake for tomorrow. 

And thanks to this community for being such a great group of ladies and gentlemen.  Always a pleasure to deal, learn and put up with everyone.

Congratulations to all items mentioned!  Not being married myself, I will not pretend to know what it is like, but still being in love with the same woman after all that time . . .

My birthday is this Saturday - nice of most people to take the 28th off to continue celebrating. :)

vitachick ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 12:32 PM

Congrats on both..Anniversary and birthday!!!

Enjoy your two special days!!

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 12:41 PM

Congrats hborre! I will hit 60 next February, so, I know how you feel.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 12:56 PM

Congratulations, you old git. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

beos53 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:01 PM

Congrats to you and your wife!

The next best thing to being 60 (I'll be 60 in January) is still being married to the woman you fell in Love with...and of course your kids and grandkids

Hope you have a great day(s) both of you

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

chriscox ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:42 PM

Congratulation on the wedding aniversery and happy (a bit early) birthday

Chris Cox

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 2:08 PM

Congrats!  Apparently Kryptonians do age slowly under a yellow sun..  :biggrin:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 2:20 PM

Congrats on all  all your milestones.  I have known my wife for 36 years this week and we have been married for 32 years in August.  Good times and rough times but no regrets and more in love every year.

Our mortgage ends in June and, with me being 60 next July, I had plans to retire early.

My wife recieved an award at her work last month for 10 years of loyal service.  Today she was told she was being made redundant in June so no early retirement and maybe a few rough times but as long as we have each other nothing else really matters.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 2:24 PM · edited Tue, 22 May 2012 at 2:24 PM

Dang... I had no idea this forum was the haven of so many of us old farts. I'm 63 and been married 37 years, so can relate!

Congrats, Hborre!

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:15 PM

Quote - Dang... I had no idea this forum was the haven of so many of us old farts. I'm 63 and been married 37 years, so can relate!

Congrats, Hborre!

Right behind ya. I'll be 48 this year. sigh

Congratulations hborre!! Have a wonderful day! :)

Laurie

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:21 PM

Congrats!!!  Two milestones!!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Kendra ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:34 PM

Congratulations!  

...... Kendra

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:18 PM

Quote - > Quote - Dang... I had no idea this forum was the haven of so many of us old farts. I'm 63 and been married 37 years, so can relate!

Congrats, Hborre!

Right behind ya. I'll be 48 this year. sigh

Congratulations hborre!! Have a wonderful day! :)

Laurie

Pffft!  I'm 53.  Dern kids!  Get off my lawn!

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:32 PM

congrats! :)

lol dang. I feel like such a youngin. Only 37, no kids, and longest relationship was 3 years of hell. but as crappy as i feel all the time I don't think I'll ever see 40. 

~Shane

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 6:37 PM

Many Happy Returns on both occasions HBorre. You've obviously managed to dodge the Kryptonite.

I'm practically a teenager myself... only got a couple of years on Shane... 40 next year.

Shane, I sincerely hope to be reading your enlightening posts here long past your turning 40... and seeing you bring forth Lucas and a whole new generation of figures after him too.

Hornet, sorry to hear you've had to put your retirement plans on hold... I hope they're not delayed by too much.

Cheers :-)

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 7:00 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Congrats hborre on your anniversary!  30 years is indeed quite some time, I'm halfway there :)  And a very Happy Birthday to you.   Wish you many happy returns of the day(s)!

aRtBee ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 6:31 AM

@HBorre - congrats, and happy birthday today!

Did you manage to achieve what I did: just getting married one day before getting 30? Saves a lot of trouble remembering the wedding day :) and I always wanted to be married before my 30th.

Over 6 years I'm 60 as well. Perhaps I've sorted out all Poser issues by then. Or somesone else has. Or SM has.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

mysticeagle ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 9:43 AM

Happy 30 year married 60 year alive day.....you only go to prove, that kryptonite isn't all its cracked up to be :) but krypton is a nice place to come from......

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

JAFO ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 12:18 PM

congrats sooperman , damn you're old... :O) ... i thought i was ancient at 56... my wife and i will celebrate our 38th aniversary in aug...we married young and everyone said it would never last, i hope they were wrong... :O) ... shes the best thing that ever happened to me, without her life would be  meaningless... im sure you feel the same... getting older has its drawbacks, one being trying to remember  things...but ,IMHO, as long as you  remember to  breathe in and out several times a minute everythings gona be ok... dont forget...

:O)

Y'all have a great day.

charlie43 ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 6:57 PM

@HBorre - congrats on your milestones - it is what our lives are measured in. I was married to my first wife for 35 years, and have been married to my present wife for 14 years in June. I'm 68 - got earrings older than a lot of you! ;) 

@Gremalkyn - hope your birthday is the best!

C~

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 7:11 PM

Congratulations! I've been singing paradise by the dashboard light, for the last 10 years, can't imagine 30 years.

Larry F ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 12:46 AM

Congratulations all around, hborre! Must say you're still a (relative) whippersnapper - almost 70 here, but "ONLY" 26 years married - 2nd time though.

It's true what is said and inferred - it does get better the longer it goes on!

HEARTIEST BEST WISHES!

Larry F

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 5:00 AM

I think this is a site that is populated by those who actvely use their imagination, or try in my case, and dream up renders, often with a multitude of software programs.  It is so heart warming to hear from so many with advanced years who are still young at heart and can not only dream but try and portray their dreams to others. 

My best wishes to all and long may it continue.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 6:30 AM

Your wife?  That would be Lois Lane?

We won't tell anyone.

Huge congrats to you both.  You've been so much  help to so many people over the years here.  You really are a sort of a poser superman.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.