Sat, Oct 5, 10:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 9:59 am)

Subject: Conforming Clothing Troubles

gohanf22 ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 6:44 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 10:28 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Ok so I am starting to learn Poser 9 a bit, however, I have run into considerable problems.  First problem is this, the body that I am using has EXTREME morphs as you can see by the picture provided and trying to conform clothing is being very fortuitous.  I even tried to start making conforming clothing into dynamic and that is having trouble as well.  Is ther a way to make this go more smoothly?

gohanf22 ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 6:46 PM

Sorry the picture wouldnt save. Here is the picture

gohanf22 ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 6:47 PM

Ok the picture wont load cause it's too big.  Guess I'm not loading one up.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 6:50 PM

Not seeing the problem it's hard to guess at a solution, but what about the morph brush (I think that's what's it's called, sorry render going can't check)?

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 8:44 PM
Online Now!

It boils down to this, if the morphs do not exist in the clothing then the clothing will not conform properly.  Magnets might be one solution, particularly if the mags assist conforming clothing fit the character.  But it is difficult to judge considering that you did not mention which model you are struggling to dress.  There is conforming and scale feature in the parameter/properties panel for P9 but, again, you need to have the morphs present in the clothing as in your character.  You can use Wardrobe Wizard to modify the clothing to fit, or add the morphs using Morphing Clothes.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 10:00 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/morphing-clothes/64629

morphing clothes by D3D would probably be your easiest answer.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 3:09 AM

Resize your picture, or compress it more.
Pictures here can be 200K max.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

gohanf22 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 6:15 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_482770.png

Ok I resized the Picture.  The model I was using is V4.2.  Here is the picture with the problems being caused.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 6:23 AM

did you check the link to the morcloth utility?

That is your answer I think.

Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 6:24 AM

wardrobe wizard which comes with poser 9 and above at the least, would also work.

gohanf22 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 6:25 AM

Ok I'll try those 2 to see what happens.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 6:33 AM

after you have your nice outfit fitting, you should poser your girl to see how the outfit looks too.

Best of luck.

gohanf22 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 6:38 AM

Ok seem to be having a problem trying to find my figure i was working on to load into the Clothing Morphing program.  I click load to try to find it but it doesn't show.  Am I supposed to put it into a format so the program can find it?

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 6:49 AM

Attached Link: http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=posertool&product=morphing_clothes

I haven't used it for a long time, but I seem to remember I had that exact same problem when I first tried to use it and the answer was something really obvious.

I found this tutorial for you.

gohanf22 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 6:51 AM

Where on the page is the tutorial?

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 7:08 AM

sorry you are right.  that is not a tutorial.  Have you got a file with your morphing clothes called MorphingClothes.pdf

I note you can drag and drop a CR2 file into the window rather than locate it.

I wonder why it doesn't let you locate. that doesn't sound right. have you got the figures tab or the clothing tab selected when you try and locate your figure.  YOu need to select the figures tab first and then click load.

Love esther

gohanf22 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 7:16 AM

Yeah I located it finally.  Ok I tried the Clothing Morphs program and when I think I did it right, it still came out the same way.  Skin poking through and the clothing not fitting right.

gohanf22 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 7:17 AM

Unless there is more to it than what I did, it didn't do anything to the clothing :(.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 7:37 AM

well in your new clothing there should be dials.  But what you can do is go up to your edit menu with the body of your poser person selected and click on copy.  Then select your clothing and with the body selected click on paste.

gohanf22 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 8:03 AM

Ok I'll try to see if that helps.  How do I save a render in picture format btw?  I'm trying to find the place to save a render as a picture. Is there a way to do that?

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 8:08 AM

file -> export -> image

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 4:55 PM

Before you use Morphing Clothes, you have to save a morphed V4 to your library.  So, for instance....load and dial your morphs, then save the V4 you posted the render of in your library somewhere.

Now, when you go into Morphing Clothes, you should choose that saved figure and the morphs will be available on the list.

gohanf22 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 6:35 PM

file_482791.png

Ok I tried to load my figure into the library and then loaded it into Morphing Clothes and tried to make it conform to the figure's body.  It conformed mostly but I am having trouble around the chest area as seen in the picture.  I noticed some morphs that I used in my figure did not appear in the morphing clothes.  Could that pose a problem?

gohanf22 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 6:36 PM

Yes I know the chest area is big but that is the way the character is being made by her biography lol.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 7:23 PM

I think maybe your doing something wrong, I would think any morphs in the character should be in the morph clothes converter.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 7:37 PM

After you convert the clothes, since you have poser 9, next to the parameters dials there is a tab for properties.  There is some tabs at the top for conform to scale and conform to morphs etc you could try checking.  That might make it fit. But first you need to add the morphs in to the clothes using your morphing clothes script.  I think you may have left out a step as GEneralNutt suggested. There are some morphs in the figure that you have to select before conversion so that they get applied to the clothes.  Don't worry, there is a way for you to clothe your Betty BigBoobs.

Love esther

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 7:41 PM

When you do get this worked out, I hope you add chains to the bra, a back brace and perhaps a walker.

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 8:28 PM

Quote - When you do get this worked out, I hope you add chains to the bra, a back brace and perhaps a walker.

Unnecessary, I'd think, though sandbag sandles might help to keep her feet firmly on ground.  Surely those things are helium implants.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

gohanf22 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 8:44 PM

Yeah I loaded the model into Morphing Clothes and some dials or morphs that I did don't show up at all.  Like do I have a wrong version of this program or am I missing one step in putting the figure into Morphing Clothes?

gohanf22 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 8:46 PM

For example, the morphs BreastUp and BreastDown do not show up on the Morphing Clothes which could pose a problem.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 9:04 PM

Try select all so all the morphs from the figure are trasnferred to the clothes.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 9:05 PM

Okay, first use morph manager to put the channels into the clothes.  Morph manager is free.  sorry can't give u a link - gotta run to work.

and then after you have used morphing clothes the clothes, in poser if you tick the conform to morphs in properties that should automatically match the clothes to the bodies

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 12:07 AM

About BreastUp and BreastDown

These are not in fact morphs. These are complicated code thingies that use V4's built in magnets. To use, you must apply to the clothing, the Magnetise to V4 pose in the DAZ V4 folder.  This will attach the clothing to the joint magnets and make the breast movement morphs work, as well as all the other v4 magnet corrections that turn on during bends.

Using Morphing Clothes

When it starts you are in the Figure Tab.

This is where you load your cr2. if you are using v4 load her here, you will see no morphs loaded. this is expected.

V4 (and all gen 4 figures) load with empty slots for morphs to be injected. this helps keep filesize slimmer for better render times.

On the bottom right of the screen you will see Inject.  Click this and brows to where your v4 morph injections are stored, usually Libraries:pose:DAZ Victoria4:MorphInjections  Load up all the ones marked INJ that you need.

Now in Morphing Clothes you will see a list of zillions of morphs. It shows the master dial in Body as well as the other dials in all other body parts. Just worry about Body.

At the bottom of the screen choose Select and Body. that should highlight all Body morphs in the figure. deselect any you do not want to transfer

Now go to the Transfer Tab. THe important options are dress/not dress , Enable Crosstalk (usually yes), and the output option. When you are happy with the settings,  click trasnfer and go get a cuppa coffee.  AFter a few minutes the morphs will transfer, and you can go load your destination cr2 in poser and see how it worked.

You do NOT need to add channels to the clothing with MorphManager, MorphingClothes does that itself. You cannot copy morphs from mesh A to MeshB directly, MorphManager is only useful for copying morphs from identical figures. Say V4 to V4 or so forth. It was created circa Poser4, so it does not 'understand' all the new innovations in cr2s. I generally suggest NOT using it these days. If I must trasbfer morphs at the cr2 level, I use PoserFileEditor which is a full featured Poser file format editor and kept up to date.

More Breast Options

If the built in breast options arent working for you, check out Posermatics exhaustive series of breast morphs for v4 over at DAZ. NaturalGravity Morphs, Natural Breast Morphs, Natural Petite .. several hundred breast morphs all told. These will most likely need transferral or magnets to add the fits to clothing.

Lyrra

meatSim ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 1:39 AM

@ lyrra

Just to clarify on poser file editor vs morphing clothes... hopefully this isn't a dumb question...  PFE doesn't actually create the morph for the clothing, the way morphing clothes does... or does it?    Or do you mean to say that you use PFE to insert a clothing morph into the CR2.

Just trying to wrap my head around what all these utilities actually do.  I have found morphing clothes does a great job of transfering the shape of the morph to the clothing, I cant speak at all to what kind of shenanigans it might be playing writing that information into the cr2.  From a user perspective it worked fabulously on Antonia Advanced morphs into clothing for antonia WM

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 2:37 AM

Morphing clothes, wardrobe wizard, tailor, and crossdresser (with morph packs) all create a new morph in the clothing bsed on the figures morph. YMMV. Often the results are vacuumfitted, and small sharp detail gets chopped or distorted

MorphDesigner, hexs morph brush, blenders sculpt brush, zbrush posers morph brush - all allow hands on shaping of morphs. Of the lot Zbrush is the best option, but of course the most expensive

Poser Magnets & DS Dformers - pretty much the same.  Excellent for small edits.  Best for large movements, not useful for small vertice changes like Open morphs. There are many magnet presets for various figure morph sets.  Lets you make morphs right in the program, and gives more control and adjustment especially on layered pieces.

PoserFileEditor is a swiss army knife. Pretty much anything you will ever need to do to a poser file can be done. Morphs - moving, naming, changing internal names, adding Body dials, erc, jcm, etc. Materials, cr2 structure, editing bones, converting cr2 to mat pz2, or any other sort of pz2... pretty much everything. its definately a must have tool

Many vendors start by making morphs with poser magnets, or a utility, and then clean them up in zb or their modeler.

Lyrra

gohanf22 ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 8:20 AM

Ok as you told me what to do Lyrra I tried it.  It worked for 99% of the outfit.  As you can see by the picture there is still some skin poking through.  I probably could fix it easy.  Probably a simple fix and I don't even know. Lol.

gohanf22 ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 8:21 AM · edited Thu, 21 June 2012 at 8:21 AM

file_482814.png

Sorry this picture.  Didn't post cause was too big.  Had to resize it.

meatSim ( ) posted Fri, 22 June 2012 at 1:56 AM

for that kind of really minor poke through I usually just touch it with the morph brush

ZaDoctor ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2012 at 1:52 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.