Fri, Sep 20, 4:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Is there a beard/mustache generator or product that can make this....

Michaelab ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2012 at 4:57 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:27 AM

file_483170.jpg

Hello,

Is there a beard/mustache generator or product that can make a mustache and beard like the attached? Note the swoop of the mustache and how it overlays both the lips and the beard.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2012 at 5:11 AM

I have my own personal one but it takes a year or so to "render"

aRtBee ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2012 at 5:48 AM

file_483171.jpg

Poser Hair Room

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

Michaelab ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2012 at 6:35 AM

@ PhilC: is it morphable? I mean I don't want a long beard. I actually want it exactly as my picture shows.

@ aRtBee: are you saying you made this in the hair room? If so, I haven't used that part of Poser. Your mustache is pretty close. The beard too long, though. I need it exactly as my picture.

aRtBee ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2012 at 6:52 AM

file_483172.jpg

yeah, easy. In your case: just adjust hair length and so on, and make your own styling. Tutorial will be out this weekend (I hope) I'll send you a message. You can start with the Ref manual in the meantime (or just keep on wondering :) )

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

Michaelab ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2012 at 9:00 AM

Tutorial on beard yet, aRtBee?

aRtBee ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2012 at 10:22 AM

almost.

Lost my machine for three days (Fri/Sat/today) on a SSD (=system/program files!) failure (*). While repairing I lost my UTP (network cable) port, then the motherboard handling tools went bezerk on the Windows Aero interface, well, you know. But I'm back, working on the tut.

(*) so, when you've got a Crucial M4 and it has made over 5184 duty hours then it starts to fail once every hour until you feed it the latest (000F) driver. I got mine after initial release = over 400 days ago, and it runs over 12 hours a day, so... do the math.
It took me over a day to state the problem, since after each reboot all worked fine ... for an hour.

- - - - - 

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2012 at 12:07 PM

Bookmarking the thread, with interest.

Are the mustache and beard (and sideburns, etc., etc....) split into different zones for easier manipulation and styling, aRtBee? 

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

aRtBee ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2012 at 12:38 PM

for the sake of it, I did one head group (splitting up in top left/right, side left/right and back or even more is usual for longer hair but for this short hair there is nothing to style), a right and a left brow, a right and a left mustache half (as these grow in separate directions), one beard group and one chin group.

(In the tut I will also furrify Toon Puppy, which has 37 groups, and I tell ya: that's work. So don't overdo).

- - - - - 

Zev0 ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2012 at 6:31 PM

Quote - Hello,

Is there a beard/mustache generator or product that can make a mustache and beard like the attached? Note the swoop of the mustache and how it overlays both the lips and the beard.

Zbrush and fibremesh.

My Renderosity Store

fonpaolo ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2012 at 7:36 AM

Quote - Zbrush and fibremesh.

Yes, some months ago there was a big interest in this technique and every possible application to be used within Poser...

Until now, only a few products.

...what a pity. :(

Zev0 ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2012 at 4:45 AM · edited Tue, 03 July 2012 at 4:51 AM

Well this fibremesh set got released recently. Not that it really helps poser users at the moment. But my point is it can easily be done via fibremesh.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/unshaven-bundle-for-genesis/

My Renderosity Store

fonpaolo ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2012 at 7:34 AM

Yes, I agree. (I hope to not be OT...)

Cath/Mec4D has done a lot of experiments, very promising, but all her efforts were only for DS.

I asked her if or when she would do the same with Poser and the answer was obviously that she wasn't planning a Poser version at the moment.

I was hoping that someone could create a Poser version of this amazing tecnology.

At the moment too little was done, but I always hope.

It's a big step forward and a pity to miss this opportunity...

Michaelab ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2012 at 12:23 PM

any update on the beard/mustache tutorial aRtBee?

aRtBee ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2012 at 3:51 PM

yeah, we're off!

For the fast & curious: check http://www.book.artbeeweb.nl/?p=464 for the Intro page on the Hairy Stuff case study, which will introduce you to various short hair and fur creation cases in Hair Room.

At this very moment, the links point to draft pages without images, but... the Intro page itself offers the ability to download this entire case in PDF for offline handling. The Facial and Body Hair is the last chapter of it. Tomorrow, I'll put the images into the web pages, so then the story can be followed online as well.

This case study is one out of two on hair, and one out of eight on Poser Dynamics (the rest is: Cloth Room). The case studies are the practical parts, next to four on principles / theory.

From those four, three are ready including the chapter(s) on Hair Room, and will be issued between tomorrow morning and sunday evening (I hope). Same idea; PDF for offline use first, online version thereafter. I'll keep you informed.

The plan is to issue all four parts on theory plus all eight case studies on practice before end of August / mid September.

All notes and comments are welcome, all this material is "version 1" so your feedback is required to raise the usability for everyone. That of course holds for all tutorials on my Missing Manuals site. Help me to help you better.

- - - - - 

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2012 at 7:45 PM

Attached Link: How to save and re-use Hair Room settings

And if anyone is interested, Cage put together a nice Python script which allows you to save and re-use Hair Room settings on another item.  Save a lot of time, and lets you 'stock up' on good hair looks once you have dialed them up.

Check the thread here for the discussion:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2844346 

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

aRtBee ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2012 at 1:31 AM

good one, thanks (to Cage as well of course), it's a start.

BTW: SvdB made something similar for Cloth Room, it's in the freebies section.

We do need more tools in the hair and cloth rooms, but also thorough testing and some documentation to understand and communicate their possibilities and limitations.

For instance:

- can I use your saved settings? This includes indifference or proper handling of Poser units settings (my guess: it works as Poser works in PNU internally, but do mind when putting in values in scripts manually)

- does the script ruin my existing styling? (my guess: it does since it calls the GrowHair routine).

I would like to have a script that changes a single parameter for a selected lot of hair groups, and does so in absolute ways (set Density to 4) and in relative ways (halve the densities whatever they are). As it's still cumbersome to save settings of one hair group and apply it 50 times.

Things like that, and so on. This is a good start, thanks for that.

- - - - - 

raven ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2012 at 6:58 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2571311

Would the scripts in the linked thread be any good to you?

aRtBee ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2012 at 7:05 AM · edited Fri, 06 July 2012 at 7:06 AM

man, you're good !!

BTW: the online version of the tut is installed now.

- - - - - 

aRtBee ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2012 at 8:27 AM

to all: just to let you know that most of the "theory" sections are in as well.

just go http://www.book.artbeeweb.nl/?p=510 to start at the beginning, or go http://www.book.artbeeweb.nl/?p=516 for the quick tours on hair- and cloth room.

have fun.

- - - - - 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.