Wed, Sep 25, 5:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 1:55 am)

Subject: Really Bizarre Problem - Any Ideas?

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 2:41 AM ยท edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 5:21 AM

I've posted about this before, but now I have more specifics on the problem. I cannot load any Pose files from any "sub-directories" that begin with anything after "P". For example, let's say I open the Poses panel, click on the little arrow that shows all "sub-directories" available and I go to "Pose Sets"...no problem. But if I try to open anything that begins with "R", like "Rex Set" or "Romel"...it jumps back up to one of the folders (sub-directories, whatever) at the top. At first, I thought my mouse might be wacky. So I stopped using the mouse and used the keyboard to scroll and select (it's faster anyway). But I still cannot open any of the folders that begin with letters after "P", like R, S, T, etc. Is there a limit on how many sub-folders you can have under Figures or Poses, etc.? I'm only having this problem with the Poses section. I'm using PPP. Thanks in advance for any help. Doc

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 3:20 AM

No you are quite correct. The program searches alphabetically and gets confused. I'm not sure how it was meant to work but I have heard of others ask the same question. My advice was to move the subdirectory up to be a child of the Pose directory.
philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 3:26 AM

Be a child? How does that work? You mean like starting it with a symbol (!, +, etc.?).

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 3:35 AM

file_208210.gif

A picture is worth a thousand words. [![philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg](http://www.philc.net/images/logos/philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg)](http://www.philc.net)

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 3:38 AM

Oh, far out! I didn't know you could do that. I'll give it a try and see if it solves the prob. Thanks, PhilC!!! Doc

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 3:43 AM

Wow, that is so cool! I thought all subs had to be directly under the Pose directory. This opens up all kinds of possibilities for re-organizing my folders! I repeat, thanks PhilC!!! Doc

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 3:53 AM

You may have misunderstood, Children are fine but Grandchildren cause the problem. (Strangely real life works the other way round :) I use Child directories. I do not use Grandchild directories in any section of the library.
philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 11:32 AM

You're right, Phil, I did misunderstand. But I never even considered using a "grandchild" before. As I said, I thought all subs had to be directly under the Pose directory. So I went back and went through every Pose "child" and I did find some "grandchildren". I removed 'em all and...still no luck. I cannot access any Pose sub-folders that begin with any letter after "P". I did check each of the main categories under Libraries and found that I have: Character 287 "children" or subfolders (not sure I'm grasping the concept unless a "child" is what I would call a sub-folder and a "grandchild" is a sub-sub-folder. Face 95 Hair 49 Hand 16 Pose 357 Prop 290 So I've got a LOT of children under Pose. I don't have this problem with Character/Figure nor with Prop, so I'm still wondering if Poser can only handle a certain number of "children" for each category. If you've got any further thoughts on this I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks, Doc

shadowcat ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 4:17 PM

I would say they you probably have to many sub-folders. check for ones that only have a few poses in them and maybe merge them into one labeled Misc. just a suggestion

tubaman ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 6:30 PM

Perhaps you should try moving a number of your children and see if you can then access the ones beyond "P" If that works, slowly add them back in until you find the limit (assuming that is the problem). Then you can decided how to combine some of your children, when you know how many you have to limit it to.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.