Sun, Oct 6, 12:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: August Fractals Theme Challenge

Lenord ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 11:05 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:33 AM

The August Challenge will open for entries at Midnight tonight and will remain open for entries until midnight August 31st.

The Theme for this Challenge picked by July's Winner kareldg is "Jewelery or Hidden Treasure".

Image must be composed of a fractal, and depict your interpretation of Jewelery or Hidden Treasure, this can be either Jewelery or Treasure by itself on Display or of Hidden Treasure in a Cave or Chest or where ever you wish it to be Hidden.

I will add a link to the Challenge after it opens and you can always go to the top of any page and select Open Contests in the Contests Dropdown Menu

Good Luck to all who Enter

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 11:52 PM

Interesting challenge. :-)

Corie

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 9:38 AM · edited Tue, 07 August 2012 at 3:06 PM

Here's a direct link to the New Challenge

Jewelery or Hidden Treasure

kareldg ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 11:47 AM

What a beautiful introduction-MB, it is exactly what I referred to the theme. For this challenge I think you already have won Len.

Lenord ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 3:35 PM

No no, I can't Play, besides that image would be disqualified as it's already in my Gallery

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2157456

This Theme though has many many possibilities, hope to see a lot of entries for this one.

zkywalker ( ) posted Mon, 13 August 2012 at 10:05 AM

I really want to try... but I'm a noob and not sure what I'm doing, but something always comes out...

Lenord ( ) posted Mon, 13 August 2012 at 1:59 PM

Quote - I really want to try... but I'm a noob and not sure what I'm doing, but something always comes out...

What Fractal application are you using? There are many users of different apps here I sure willing to help. I am Familiar with the Mandelbulb3D(MB3D) and fairly up to par with Apophysis(2.08-3dHack and 7x14) also FractalExplorer. Just start a new thread with a question or check the Threads below, I'm sure you will find Help.

This is as good a thread as any to ask questions about Apophysis

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2854167

Mandelbulb3D help Thread

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2845942

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2012 at 8:49 AM · edited Sat, 01 September 2012 at 8:55 AM

The August Fractals Themed Challenge is now OPEN for Voting Jewelery or Hidden Treasure

There was a very good turnout for this one. Voting will Close Midnight Monday Sept. 3rd, Winners will be announced in this thread on Tuesday Sept. 4th.

Good Luck to all who entered

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2012 at 8:50 AM

Here are the results of the August Themed Fractals Challenge

Jewelery or Hidden Treasure

There was a good turn out for entries and also for voting. Only 1st and 2nd place are listed on the Challenge page because there were 7 tied for 3rd place. Congratulations to Kareldg for a second win an a row and to zkywalker a new member and first timer in out monthly Challenge, Kudos to all who participated in this challenge, hope we get this kind of turn out for the next challenge also.

1. Entry #20 by kareldg
  2. Entry #11 by zkywalker

Tied for 3rd
Entry #7 by Rapesco
Entry #9 by VEDES
Entry #8 by Wanda Burns
Entry #5 by cricke49
Entry #17 by VEDES
Entry #18 by Badsue
Entry #21 by dochtersions

Kareldg will need to give me the Theme for the Next Challenge and I will get it up and running as soon as possible.

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2012 at 8:57 AM

Congrats, everybody!

It was a fantastic turnout, indeed. :-D

Corrie

bebopdlx ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2012 at 10:22 AM

Congrats to all.

Duncan

greyone ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2012 at 12:32 PM

Congrats to the winners and everyone that entered.  There were lots of good choices to vote on this month. 

Jim

zkywalker ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2012 at 2:18 PM

Congratz to all who participated. Thanks for the opertunity to join your community... and to Leonard that helped me get so far so quickly! TA

TheOwl68 ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2012 at 3:13 PM

Congratulations to all who entered and placed  :thumbupboth: I think all of you are stars at creating amazing fractals!

Jude

kareldg ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2012 at 3:42 PM

My congratulations to all who shared this contest.

It's a great honor to me, to be chosen again to search for a theme for the September-challenge.

Just give me a little bit time, because it could be difficult to fulfill the hope of Lenord: " to get this kind of turn out for the next challenge also".

dochtersions ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2012 at 3:45 PM

Hi everybody!

Of course a round of applause for kareldg, as well as for TA, (zkywalker)!!!

And a 'hip, hip hooray' for all participants.

It was so fun to follow this Augustus challenge. I enjoyed it very much.

Thank you Len, for the message, and for taking care of all the administration, etc. .

Mies/Jacomina :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.