Sat, Sep 21, 11:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Joint Creation Question- no bend, twist, front or back

hebdemnobad ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2001 at 3:24 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:34 PM

Attached Link: http://www.ifam.net

file_208670.gif

Colleagues: I have found that when I use one of the preset figures to supply a skeleton for new mesh with propack, the skeleton's joints have the following parameters when I open up the joint editor: center, twist, front-back, bend, (name of the bone I have selected)smooX However, when I add a bone myself, and open up the joint editor, I see: center, xrotate, yrotate, zrotate, (name of the bone I have created)smooX Is there something in bone creation I am missing? Does it make a difference that the parameters have different names? any help appreciated Dan

Spike ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2001 at 3:47 PM

Nope. Thats because PPP has no idea what you are going to do with this bone. so it gives you the default XYZ names. Just rename them by double clicking on the dial. PPP will take a few secs to update the names in the dropdown.

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2001 at 3:49 PM

The XYZ rotations have been renamed to "Bend", "Twist" or "Front-Back". Which rotation gets named what depends on it's orientation.

hebdemnobad ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2001 at 4:28 PM

thanks for the prompt reply!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.