Sun, Oct 6, 10:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Gallery of the Week - have you seen this?

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2012 at 1:45 AM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 9:01 PM

Attached Link: Fractal Galleries of the Week on Renderosity

**Apparently Renderosity has been choosing galleries to highlight each week for some time.  Here is this week's Fractal Gallery highlights.**

~Viv

Fractals will always amaze me!

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2012 at 7:49 AM

That is NOT this weeks highlights, that Gallery hasn't changed in a year or more. Most of those Galleries listed in the Gallery of the Week  haven't been updated for as long as I can Remember. That was one of the first thing I checked on when I became a MOD, I have no accesses to change anything in there, I have no Idea who supposedly takes care of that area. The Fractals Showcase Window is the only Showcase I have access to and it's updated once a month.

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2012 at 10:32 AM

I looked into this a bit further, those Galleries under "Galleries" and Galleries of the Week are Archives. There is a Featured Gallery of the Week on the Front Page ( currently it's Photography) with recent uploads appearently. I have no Idea how the rotation goes, I will have to keep an eye out when Fractals are featured there to see if they use Recent Fractal uploads or not.

tresamie ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2012 at 1:37 AM

Hmmm. I suppose it might be an attempt at something like dA's Daily choices.  I have seen them choose images that are 2 years old or more.  

Fractals will always amaze me!

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2012 at 8:07 AM

Quote - Hmmm. I suppose it might be an attempt at something like dA's Daily choices.  I have seen them choose images that are 2 years old or more.  

There isn't anything like that going on that I know of. I know for a fact that specific Gallery hasn't changed in about a year. I look at those every once in a while and they just don't change anymore. That's why I checked the Photo one and compared what is in there to what is linked to from the Photo Gallery of the week on the Front Page, they're different Whoever takes of that area must be an Admin or something because there is no way for Mods to edit anything. I'm suspecting maybe it's one of those Backroom affairs, the Backrooms have been Closed off every since I became a Mod because somethings screwed up in there, starts throwing out Errors and Warnings about Bad Stuff going to happen if you enter. That's why I haven't cleaned out all the unnecessary and outdated crap in the Fractals Backroom yet, just can't get to it.

nickcharles ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2012 at 9:50 PM · edited Mon, 03 September 2012 at 6:41 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/renderosity-gallery-of-the-week---fractals-cms-16322

Hi folks,

I actually do the "Gallery of the Week" for the front page area, rotating between software and genre choices, and special "holiday" editions. Something I started a few years back for the front page.

It used to get a whole lot more views when it had a regular stationary spot on the front page. Once the tabbed layout came into play on the front page, the view counts on the GOW dropped considerably and I got a quite a bit discouraged, as it's not always an easy process to do each week (as Lenord and Vivian surely know), in addition to other articles, etc.

I had thought of possibly turning it into a larger 'monthly' selection, but I rather like highlighting more galleries more often. I tried some attempts at utilizing other tools to make the process easier, but it just didn't work out. I did find a somewhat easier way for me to do it recently, as I did with the Photography one, though it's not really the way I wanted to do it. But, nonetheless, I am back to updating it regularly, as it has been getting a little more notice.

In fact, it is about time to get Fractals highlighted up there again. And here it is:

http://www.renderosity.com/renderosity-gallery-of-the-week---fractals-cms-16322

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

Lenord ( ) posted Mon, 03 September 2012 at 7:52 AM

I can't speak for other members but I know I might only go to the Front Page a couple times a month usually at the begininging and end of a the Month. Mostly to check AOM and what's up in the News. Don't feel bad though Nick, I've been here over 6 years and have NEVER been to the Marketplace, nothing there I need.

I can see why you would be overwhelmed trying to keep up with a weekly gallery for all the different Galleries let alone throwing in some of the Niches, that's just way too much work for one person even if that's all they have to do which I know is not your case, if there is anything I can do to help you out let me know.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showforum.php?forum_id=12416

Here in Fractals we have a Monthly Showcase of Staff Picks that I update the first of each month showcasing Posts from the previous month. If there were more staff in Fractals there would more diversified tastes and selections and maybe we could got to 2 a month on the Showcase.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.