Fri, Sep 20, 9:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Under Arm hair nubbies missing from V4 textures! :-)

Eric Walters ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 10:54 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:41 AM

file_453853.jpg

I don't know why this is bothering me *SLIGHTLY*- but NONE of the textures of any V1 through V4 show that slight shadowing where the shaved under arm hair would be.

I was marveling at how gorgeous this rendered image is-and it struck me. Funny, eh? :-)

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 10:58 AM

.... I believe there are other ways to (permanently) remove underarm hair these days, other than shaving...  Some women achieve a remarkable degree of smoothness.

Eternal Hobbyist

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 11:12 AM

And then there are perverts like myself who prefer that our women remain naturally hairy!
dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 12:55 PM

Yes, I was about to suggest going into the hair room!

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 1:42 PM

a light touch in photoshop with the spray gun will add stubble. V4 must use Nair and a foundation makeup.  :)

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 2:50 PM

Here's a set of Photoshop brushes that includes a stubble brush-I haven't tried it, myself...

keepwaiting.deviantart.com/art/Skin-Care-v2-Photoshop-Brushes-125078539

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 4:22 PM

file_453866.png

I think the hair room way works great. You don't need dynamics because they are so short.

Here are some hair settings.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

file_453867.png

Shader

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

file_453868.jpg

Render.

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 6:53 PM

And if one wanted to create a 'Bush', what would do for that?
dph

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 8:10 PM

Quote - And if one wanted to create a 'Bush', what would do for that?
dph

Increase the Hair Length.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 9:41 PM · edited Wed, 02 June 2010 at 9:41 PM

file_453904.png

It wasn't quite as easy as that, TG. I'm not very familiar with the hair room, so I had to do a few hundred experiments to get this.

Also, I get completely different results with shadows on versus off. I'll show the render with shadows on, since I only disable them for quick test renders. Shadowless test renders turned out to be a big waste of time, as enabling shadows changed everything.

Results will vary, also, with the mesh density. I did this with V4. Might need different hair counts with other figures.

First my hair settings.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 9:41 PM

file_453905.png

The shader.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 9:42 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_453906.jpg

The results.

Note also - rendered in Poser Pro 2010 with render GC enabled. You may find other versions of Poser doing something different, as I know that hair rendering has changed recently.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 9:45 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_453907.jpg

I know DPH likes'em bushy, so bushy it is.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 9:59 PM

Note: Apparently the hair length parameter meaning is affected by your choice of Poser Display Unit. I'm in inches, so to use my numbers, use inches.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 11:38 PM

HAHA! Thanks everybody!

BagginsBill- once again you amaze me.

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 11:41 PM · edited Wed, 02 June 2010 at 11:48 PM

Quote - I know DPH likes'em bushy, so bushy it is.

Well, it's for my Graphic Novel, and the Posette Swiss Governess needs a Bush for the seduction scene.  The story takes place between the years 1838-1845, and I don't think ladies had as yet gotten into the practice of using their hubbie's - boyfriend's - father's Gillette!
I could, of course, have used the old Bush prop I have, but I was thinking that a Dynamic Hair one might be better.
dph

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 11:58 PM · edited Thu, 03 June 2010 at 12:01 AM

David - I would suggest two hair groups for the bush - an inner one with higher hair density, and an outer edge with fewer hairs so it doesn't look too neat for the 19th century. You should do the same for the male, perhaps on the chest too.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2010 at 12:58 AM

Oh wow - we moved from underarm hair to...  heh

Eternal Hobbyist

Xase ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2010 at 9:09 AM

Quote -  Oh wow - we moved from underarm hair to...  heh

I know!  I was thinking bushy underarms...and then BB gives us the partial monty! :blink:

Although now I have some new ideas to play with.....

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2012 at 8:34 PM

Absolutely Awesome... why I love the Rendo Forum!

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2012 at 9:22 PM

Quote - And then there are perverts like myself who prefer that our women remain naturally hairy!
dph

its 2012 dude, not 1960.

shudder

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2012 at 9:34 PM

Guffaw!

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2012 at 9:56 PM

Although this thread is long dead... just an additional suggestion in regard to the pubic sim. You might want to take the underlying body texture into an image editing program (PS, Gimp, Etc.) and subtly darken that skin area where the hair is going to be growing from (Particularly near the center of the growth area, with a fading diamond or cross shape pattern). Perhaps with the Burn tool... It'll make the final result look less sparse.

Dale B ( ) posted Sun, 02 September 2012 at 3:41 PM

I know the current vogue is to remove it all, but as it is nothing but a current fashion trend (probably started to make the bodyart and piercings look neater), the wheel will no doubt spin again. Plus the fact that up until the last century, the only females who could bother with bodyhair removal were the nobles and aristocrats......and the methods used would make the Marquee De Sade tingle in anticipation.

AnAardvark ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2012 at 12:08 PM

Looks like it would also be good for 5'oclock stubble.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.