Fri, Sep 20, 12:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 4:13 AM

Quote - if this thread didn't exist and if Reality didn't exist I'd probably have gotten bored of playing with Daz months ago and found something else to mess with Abi.

I think mankind is safer now for that ;)

My DA Gallery

AbiJ ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 4:21 AM

Quote - > Quote - if this thread didn't exist and if Reality didn't exist I'd probably have gotten bored of playing with Daz months ago and found something else to mess with Abi.

Lol, thanks - keeping me off the streets? wait, is that a good thing or a bad thing in your view Doc? 😉

Abi.

WARNING: This user is officially A TEASE!

Rendo Gallery...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=730935

DA Gallery...

http://abijen.deviantart.com/gallery/

Proud artist on...

http://www.facebook.com/DigitalStardust

aeddan23 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 6:32 AM

Quote - ... keeping me off the streets? wait, is that a good thing or a bad thing in your view ...

I think the official answer to that one is:

Yes.

:biggrin:

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 6:46 AM

Quote - Lol, thanks - keeping me off the streets? wait, is that a good thing or a bad thing in your view Doc? 😉 Abi.

Bad thing because if I break down you won't be dealing with me, and a good thing if I was indoors with you ;)

My DA Gallery

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 7:38 AM

LuxRender 1.0 has finally been released :)

Get it here and more info here

My DA Gallery

AbiJ ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 7:39 AM

Awweee, so sweet, you care.  hehe

Abi.

WARNING: This user is officially A TEASE!

Rendo Gallery...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=730935

DA Gallery...

http://abijen.deviantart.com/gallery/

Proud artist on...

http://www.facebook.com/DigitalStardust

aeddan23 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 7:40 AM

Here's my first render in ages, after having to do a complete rebuilt of my main box. One day I'll get something with a bit more grunt than a P4 w/2GB RAM. One day...

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 9:53 AM

Quote - LuxRender 1.0 has finally been released :)

Get it here and more info here

Thanks installed!

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 11:30 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - if this thread didn't exist and if Reality didn't exist I'd probably have gotten bored of playing with Daz months ago and found something else to mess with Abi.

Lol, thanks - keeping me off the streets? wait, is that a good thing or a bad thing in your view Doc? 😉

Abi.

I was wondering why my fav street corner has been empty lately, damn! ;-)

Congrats on having your image picked, had a few of mine on there, it's a nice feeling.

BTW everyone just saw that GenX is now updated for DS 4.5! Now I can install 4.5.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

RLSprouse ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 12:20 PM

Quote - BTW everyone just saw that GenX is now updated for DS 4.5! Now I can install 4.5.

Michael, I hope you have better luck than I have been having.  DS 4.5 is crashing constantly on my system.

~ Russ 

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 12:25 PM

Quote - > Quote - BTW everyone just saw that GenX is now updated for DS 4.5! Now I can install 4.5.

Michael, I hope you have better luck than I have been having.  DS 4.5 is crashing constantly on my system.

~ Russ 

Besides the &^% duplicate messages I dont have any issues strange..

Amethst25 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 2:11 PM

Hey all,

I am reaching out to you because I have fallen behind in the forums.   I just downloaded Daz 4.5 and have been very nervous about installing it.

For those of you who have install the new version, what pit falls should I look out for?  My older content is stored in another directory other than where Daz application folder.  My new (Daz 4) genesis content is where the default files are loaded. 

Any words of wisdom would be most welcomed, and then I need to get Reality updated after that.

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 2:40 PM · edited Tue, 11 September 2012 at 2:41 PM

I mentioned my issue above, sides that its running fine.. Scenes save & load much faster in the new format. I tried ONE 3Delight render last week did not look like the times had improved all that much with complex lighting..

KrazyHorse ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 2:47 PM

Quote - Hey all,

I am reaching out to you because I have fallen behind in the forums.   I just downloaded Daz 4.5 and have been very nervous about installing it.

For those of you who have install the new version, what pit falls should I look out for?  My older content is stored in another directory other than where Daz application folder.  My new (Daz 4) genesis content is where the default files are loaded. 

Any words of wisdom would be most welcomed, and then I need to get Reality updated after that.

Your setup is about like mine and I have had no problems updating...  I did do a fresh install of 4.5 because most if not all content for Genesis and the plug-in's are be updated for 4.5..   So if I were you I would start fresh and re download Gen content instead of using your old content and plug-in's.

I posted a link to the update thread here today. You might want to check it out.

I hope that makes since

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 2:49 PM

Quote - > Quote - Hey all,

Your setup is about like mine and I have had no problems updating...  I did do a fresh install of 4.5 because most if not all content for Genesis and the plug-in's are be updated for 4.5..   So if I were you I would start fresh and re download Gen content instead of using your old content and plug-in's.

I posted a link to the update thread here today. You might want to check it out.

I hope that makes since

Since that makes sense LOL!!!

KrazyHorse ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 2:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Hey all,

I hope that makes since

SA! :lol:  Does that make sense? :lol:

Amethst25 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 3:44 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Hey all,

I hope that makes since

SA! :lol:  Does that make sense? :lol:

Thanks KH!!  It makes perfect since to me!!  :P

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

KrazyHorse ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 4:09 PM

:lol:    Good

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 4:14 PM

About time you post a render KH!

My DA Gallery

KrazyHorse ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 5:10 PM

Quote - About time you post a render KH!

If I could get one to look like I want..........

superboomturbo ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 7:38 PM

From the Lux 1.0 list of fixes:

* fix for motion blur broken in RC3*

Bwah?? How does one integrate this for a studio/reality version?! 

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 7:42 PM

Quote - ?? How does one integrate this for a studio/reality version?! 

You don't. Motion blur in Lux has been evolving and changing up to this point and it was pointless to try to address it in Reality 2. It will be integrated in a next version of Reality.

Cheers 

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

superboomturbo ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 9:17 PM

Quote - > Quote - ?? How does one integrate this for a studio/reality version?! 

You don't. Motion blur in Lux has been evolving and changing up to this point and it was pointless to try to address it in Reality 2. It will be integrated in a next version of Reality.

Cheers 

I figured as much, but for R3, may I elate a prefaced YEA!!! 

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx

inquire ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 2:37 AM

I'm guessing that Lux 1.0 will work with Reality 2.5 in DAZStudio4.5Pro. Correct?

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 3:35 AM

Quote - I'm guessing that Lux 1.0 will work with Reality 2.5 in DAZStudio4.5Pro. Correct?

Yes, I'm using it.

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 10:06 AM

Ditto here

BradHP ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 10:29 AM

I hate waking up in the morning and finding that the render you left running during the night was paused. 

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 10:53 AM · edited Wed, 12 September 2012 at 10:55 AM

Quote - I hate waking up in the morning and finding that the render you left running during the night was paused. 

That would suck specially since I am mostly queue rendering... I would know by the sound frequency of the fan on my notebook...

john3d ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 11:45 AM

Quote - I hate waking up in the morning and finding that the render you left running during the night was paused. 

Been there, done that, and no doubt I will do it again.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 11:50 AM

What caused it to pause and can't you turn off whatever it was that paused it?

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

BradHP ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 3:34 PM

Quote - What caused it to pause and can't you turn off whatever it was that paused it?

I was what paused it and sometimes I wish I could turn myself off for a little while.

Reggie68 ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 4:39 PM

Don't you have a sleep mode?

KrazyHorse ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 5:01 PM · edited Wed, 12 September 2012 at 5:10 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_486397.jpg

*I can't* seem to render anything I like but here it is for what it's worth..

I will call this Doc's girl.

I hope I'm doing this right, it's the first image I have posted in here.

BradHP ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 5:01 PM

Quote - Don't you have a sleep mode?

It was disconnected when I had kids.

KrazyHorse ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 5:09 PM

file_486398.jpg

I will call this one....... I'm still waiting Doc!

BradHP ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 9:14 PM

I like mixing my adictions (that would be Daz and gaming), so here's one inspired by my Norn bow warrior from Guild Wars 2.  Click for super-size (seriously, it's really big, so make sure you have a few seconds for it to load). 

BradHP ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 9:29 PM

file_486406.jpg

And for comparison, here's a screenshot of the character in game.

aeddan23 ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 10:47 PM

Quote - I like mixing my adictions (that would be Daz and gaming), so here's one inspired by my Norn bow warrior from Guild Wars 2.

Nice one! If only we could get Lux as the render engine for our games...

aeddan23 ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 11:32 PM

Quote - I will call this Doc's girl.

That is pretty damn good. If it weren't for the sharp geometry on the fingers, I'd swear this was a photo.

KrazyHorse ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 11:49 PM

Quote - > Quote - I will call this Doc's girl.

That is pretty damn good. If it weren't for the sharp geometry on the fingers, I'd swear this was a photo.

Thanks!   I noticed that and thouight about fixing it but this is only a test of S5.  I have read that this is an issue with the hands.  I hope it gets fixed soon.

KrazyHorse ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 11:57 PM · edited Thu, 13 September 2012 at 12:02 AM

Quote - I like mixing my adictions (that would be Daz and gaming), so here's one inspired by my Norn bow warrior from Guild Wars 2.  Click for super-size (seriously, it's really big, so make sure you have a few seconds for it to load). 

I like!  The only issue I have with it is the lack of gloss/moisture on the teeth and tongue.

callad ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2012 at 12:31 AM

Quote - I can't seem to render anything I like but here it is for what it's worth..

Oh wOw! Beautiful close-up! Those eyes are really 'looking at you'!

StevieC ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2012 at 4:15 AM

Been having trouble rendering on my poor old laptop, most of my renders don't come out like I'd hoped, save for this one....."Last Days of Summer....."

KrazyHorse ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2012 at 10:35 AM

Quote - > Quote - I can't seem to render anything I like but here it is for what it's worth..

Oh wOw! Beautiful close-up! Those eyes are really 'looking at you'!

Ah! Praise from the master, thank you.

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2012 at 10:36 AM

I too like it when Charley compliments my stuff ego booster for sure :)

callad ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2012 at 10:50 AM · edited Thu, 13 September 2012 at 10:50 AM

You guys make me blush..

:b_blush:

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2012 at 10:51 AM · edited Thu, 13 September 2012 at 10:52 AM

Quote - You guys make me blush..

:b_blush:

LOL Im signing the praises of Reality on the DS 4.5 topic forum...

Reggie68 ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2012 at 11:51 AM

Ellen touched the star next to the year of her birth. She knew from this day forward, who and what she was would be a web of lies. She wondered if the time came and she had her own star, would someone come?
Like she did for her father's...

A revisit to an earlier image I did. I have had to recast the main character as Tessa's hair fit is screwed by DS4.5

The wall is a mix material and has a normal map as opposed to a bump map for the original.

Click for Gallery page and bigger pic.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2012 at 1:51 PM

Quote - I can't seem to render anything I like but here it is for what it's worth..

Really nice! She is to nice for one of Docs girls, someone needs to give her a reality check, LOL.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2012 at 1:53 PM

Quote - Been having trouble rendering on my poor old laptop, most of my renders don't come out like I'd hoped, save for this one....."Last Days of Summer....."

Nice, I have been to a few pool parties like this, LOL.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.