Wed, Sep 18, 2:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Does Anyone Know What software 3rd Art Uses?

Detrick420 ( ) posted Mon, 17 September 2012 at 11:48 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 9:50 PM

This is probably the wrong place to post this but here is goes. Has Anyone seen any work by 3rd Art? I'm curious as to what programs might produce results like these.  I'm not very experienced in 3d animation yet but was looking to invest in some software myself. Ive seen allot about DAZ3d and Poser but im not sure if those programs are capable of getting results like 3rd Art. And id like some advice from some experienced animators. I have a lil money to spend and definately the drive to learn. What do you guys think 3rd Art is using. Also in case your not familiar with 3rd Art it is adult content just warning anybody who might look it up that is that is not ok with that

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2012 at 3:30 PM

You can get the same results with Poser/Daz (pretty much anything with a timeline) the quality of the renders looks more like Poser 7 or before. I see he also uses actual footage in some of his videos and merges the 2.  I would say if you want to make the same type of animation as that then get Poser or Daz, V4 and a product like this : http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/rg-breast-jiggle-system-for-v4s/77394

That type of work is fairly simple for the most part. I can't say that he is actually using Poser or Daz, for the models are not familier to me. But you can get the same results and better with the newer versions of either software. I would actually suggest Poser 9 or pro 2012 over Daz for animations, you have better control. 

Detrick420 ( ) posted Wed, 19 September 2012 at 1:10 PM

Man!!! thank you so much Ninahalo5. I'd been asking around on several diferent forums and you were the only person that replied. I'm for sure gonna get Poser 2012 Pro now, as it seems to be better than DAZ for animation. I did download the free version of DAZ on my Mac and I was impressed with the genesis creation features (I looked at the additional creation packages for more money, it looks very indepth). Does Poser have a similar creation process? Do Poser character options look as good as DAZ? Are Daz caracters able to load in Poser? If not all of them, wich versions? That link you included looks perfect for what im trying to get started with thankx again.  

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2012 at 5:14 AM · edited Thu, 20 September 2012 at 5:16 AM

No problem.

in a nutshell almost everything at Daz will work in poser except shaders built for Daz and dynamic cloth built for daz. The same is not true for poser items. there are some things sold here, rdna and other places that is built for poser only and may not work properly in Daz studio. Genesis is a first of its kind hence the name, though I understand they are working on creating a way for it to work in poser.  I really don't use genesis myself being I've spent thousands on the other characters and I can't foresee me spending that much again to use genesis. 

Honestly, unless your planning on using poser with a program such as 3ds Max I would just stick with poser 9.  It's a lot cheaper and the quality of renders are the same. Smith micro has a program comparison chart on their website, check it out before you buy. If you don't need the technical features pro has to offer then why shell out the bucks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.