Thu, Sep 19, 6:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Opinions on a character, please...

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 12:15 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

file_486717.jpg

I've been working on a character for a project, and the usual critique places I go to for opinions are split. Therefore, I would appreciate input from the folks here.

Is this character:

A. attractive

B. pretty

C. handsome

D. unattractive

How old do you think he is?

Also, what is your emotional reaction to him? Is he a nice guy? A Romeo? An SOB?

All input appreciated. Nothing is going to offend. Your opinions are your opinions, and that is what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.

Wizzie

Ravyns ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 12:35 PM

He's cute but a little on the pretty side.

Not too old.

Probably a nice guy but he's aware that the girls think he's cute..

I like him..

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 12:44 PM
  1. Good, distinctive character-not looking like any base figure. I like the slightly asymmetrical smile.

2. 25-30?

3. the muscles between the shoulders and neck-seem a little disproportionately large-more like a body builder.

4. Probably appeals to the girls.

5. reminds me of your avatar pic

Is this you at an earlier age? "-)

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 12:46 PM

Quote - Is this you at an earlier age? "-)

ROFL. Don't I wish!

No, my Avatar pic is me at about 18. This is a totally difference character.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 1:02 PM · edited Sat, 22 September 2012 at 1:03 PM

He looks like Daniel Radcliffe of Harry Potter fame. LOL

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 1:17 PM

I didn't see that one coming, but I promise, my character appreciates it!

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 1:30 PM

not diggin the emo hair but the face works. i like the less caucasian/more latino influence he seems to have.

the traps do look a bit thick for the rest of him. maybe lower them just a bit.

~Shane

Kalypso ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 1:36 PM
Site Admin

I think he looks like a wanna-be toughie but really isn't,  probably a little of a show-off for the girls :)

He seems a bit cheeky with that expression but not with bad intentions, I'd just chalk it up to youth, seems like early twenties tops to me.

Ometeotl ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 1:43 PM

I'm not a native speaker, so I don't know the difference between pretty and handsome (I always thought "handsome" is the male equivalent of the female "pretty")  - so I'd call him handsome.

I would think he is in his late teens or very early twenties (maybe because of his eyes which I think are just a tad to big for an adult).

He has a certain boy-next-door charm. Although his smile indicates that he isn't a boy anymore ...

evilded777 ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 1:52 PM

a little on the pretty side.  Its the eyes.

Not unattractive, but not my kinda guy.

I'd say he was in his late twenties, maybe early thirties.

He seems friendly, maybe a little cocky with that grin.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 2:55 PM

To my mind the chin and jaw look strong and masculin, whereas the eyes look big soft child like and feminin. I find overall this creates a certain feeling of dissinance. Now whether this dissinance is a bad or good thing could be debated. Personally I don't feel any desire to own this character, but I might want to have it if I saw a version with smaller eyes.

How old? Around 20.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 5:54 PM
Site Admin

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

He's a bit of a cross between a pretty boy and rugged. He's not bad looking but he thinks he looks better than others precieve him. Probably because he's rich or daddy has influence and he plays on that so others treat him with respect just so they don't cross him. He's a bit of a badass and likes to party but hasn't yet done anything seriously wrong. He looks to be in his mid twenties. College age but if he's in school it's only so daddy won't cut him off and possibly cause daddy made a donation to the school.

At least that's what he looks like to me. First impressions are ofter wrong espescailly from a photo.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 7:46 PM

I think what I can see of his body looks young, but his big square chin makes him look older. ie for me there is a bit of discongruity. I don't mind him though.

And he does look like your avatar to me.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Faerydae ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 8:29 PM

He looks like a handsome smart ass to me. I like him! Any chance you'll be selling/sharing him at some point? :)

Kendra ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 8:46 PM

I'd say pretty and mischievous. Looks good. 👍

...... Kendra

ghonma ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 9:27 PM

Looks like a smug wiseass to me. He is definitely on the 'pretty' side, esp his eyes are very feminine. With a bit of makeup and longer hair, he could easily pass off as a girl (try covering his lower face with your hand to see what I mean) Age seems young, late teens, early twenties perhaps.

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 9:35 PM

I would have said late 20s and headed toward unattractive.  To me the shoulders look a bit odd.  Its a nice character though and I can think of many uses for it.

Kendra ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 9:46 PM

I forgot age.  I'd say early 20's. 

...... Kendra

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 10:30 PM

Distinctive. I like him. I'd go for the twenties. Rugged good looks. I don't think I'd trust someone who smiles like that. A budding Han Solo, perhaps. Not bad at all.

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 11:30 PM

Quote - He looks like a handsome smart ass to me. I like him! Any chance you'll be selling/sharing him at some point? :)

Well, I hadn't planned to. Right now I'm borrowing the skin from another character for him. Let me finalize the shape, and I may see about building some mats and shaders for him. 

Faerydae ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2012 at 11:54 PM

Sounds great :)

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2012 at 4:07 AM

Looks alot like a sculptor friend of mine named Zach... Mid twenties, kind of short and muscular, male modelesque features, italian heritage, really into rockabilly and classic punk. If the hair had some bleaching and dying it would be a dead ringer.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2012 at 4:19 AM

Late teens to early twenties I think. A cute child that has grown up into a too-pretty young man. Nice eyes, nose and face shape, but the mouth is too feminine for me. Shoulders slope too much.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

chris1972 ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2012 at 4:44 AM

Looks nicely done, attractive but kind of "gay", lips and eyes are quite feminine. Traps seem rather sloped. Appears early 20's. Head size relative to shoulders makes him look like he is small in stature- 5'6" 140 lbs

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2012 at 4:56 AM

yes to me, what I can see of his body does not look like someone with such a big square chin.

Love esther

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2012 at 7:34 AM

I'd say he's attractive in a sort of rugged way.  Appealing to some, but not all.

He looks like trouble to me.  Not serial killer evil, but the mischievous sort.  The kind who drinks too much on Saturday night and gets into brawls, or cheats on you with other girls at every opportunity.

I could also see that face belonging to a supernatural being - a leprechaun, or a pooka in human form, say.

bobbesch ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2012 at 11:04 AM

To me, he's pretty/handsome, 20-25. The eyes are the part of the human body with the least variation, and his are a little on the big side for a male that old. They are on the verge to stylized, a little bigger and he would start to look like an anime/manga character. He seems to be a nice guy,  but the girls would love him. Girls (especially younger ones) fall for guys with feminine features.

mysticeagle ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2012 at 12:11 PM

he's a bit of a wide boy as they say in London, rogue ish, uses his charm on the ladies, has been known to get into nightclubs by pretending to be a celebrity, age, hard to say, anywhere from 19-20ish to late 20's. He has quite a distinctive face and uses those lips to good effect ;)

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2012 at 1:19 PM

Good looking lad, and knows it.  Early 20s and a pain in the backside.  Thinks he's God's gift to women.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2012 at 4:35 PM

The eyes are very big for an adult male. This is probably what makes him look effeminate. That and the Bieber hair.

His mouth has a sideways smile, but the eyes aren't smiling, so it looks like he's faking it. To me, he looks very sad, but trying hard to pretend he isn't.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

ypvs ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2012 at 9:26 AM

First impression is a young Lance Henrikson (Aliens films, Millenium etc)

Poser 11 , 180Gb in 8 Runtimes, PaintShop Pro 9
Windows 7 64 bit, Avast AV, Comodo Firewall
Intel Q9550 Quad Core cpu,  16Gb RAM, 250Gb + 250Gb +160Gb HD, GeForce GTX 1060

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2012 at 11:01 AM · edited Mon, 24 September 2012 at 11:05 AM

file_486783.jpg

Thanks to all who have commented.

Based on your feedbacks, I have made changes to address the criticisms, and have gone back and actually put together a texture especially for the character. Here is what I came up with... more clearly a teenager, I think, and a bit more pretty then the original vision, while making him clearly male.

It is amazing how much changing the texture changed the character and forced me to resculpt a good amount of the mid face.

Further comments welcomed, if anyone cares to make them.

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2012 at 11:19 AM

Same basic character, but the changes made a big difference. Plus the expression looks great now: it's half grin, half smirk. Nice work!

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2012 at 5:49 PM

that's better.

Love esther

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2012 at 11:30 PM

that last one is not bad, basic.  maybe a bit more butch, sassy and that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.