Mon, Sep 23, 3:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 10:18 pm)

Subject: Problem with geometry

JIMMYJOHN ( ) posted Thu, 27 September 2012 at 3:24 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 3:18 AM

Hello,

I make simple geometries in 3DSMax, I can texture them alright and they render fine:

http://bayimg.com/ADDhNaAec

I then import them in POSER (as 3DS or OBJ). Most of the time it works fine, but sometimes, it goes awry, some faces disapear: 

http://bayimg.com/AADHpaaEC

I've tried different paramaters to no effect.

Any ideas, please?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 27 September 2012 at 3:29 PM

you could try checking the direction of the normals?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

JIMMYJOHN ( ) posted Thu, 27 September 2012 at 4:02 PM

Thanks Princess, but I'm afraid I don't understand. Where can I find those directions?

Santel ( ) posted Thu, 27 September 2012 at 4:17 PM

While not exactly what misty wrote, you can experiment with the options on import of objs, as in 'make consistent' or 'flip' or both. If the model has them facing differently in different parts, and if they're separate as in 'groups' you might also be able to get some help in the group editor but this all depends on your model. All this because when the normals face inwards, the faces either look inverted or invisible.

JIMMYJOHN ( ) posted Thu, 27 September 2012 at 4:51 PM

OK! Still not working when importing 3DS, but problem solved for OBJ with "make polygons normals consistent" checked.

Thanks to you all. This forum is a miracle, it has helped me out of dead ends so many times!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.