Fri, Oct 4, 4:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Minor Question for everyone...

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 1999 at 12:43 PM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 4:16 PM

Hi, its me again, I have begun to notice more and more questions coming forth about Poser on this forum and I think that is great, helping people is what it is all about!! But now I seem to have a question of my own. Since allot of the questions for the operation of Poser and technical questions seems to have threads on this section, should I just remove the Poser Tech forum and intergrate it here? Do you think it would be more advantagous to combine the poser technical section with this one? Please let me know what you think about this. Jack

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 1999 at 1:15 PM

I say combine them. Keep all the poser related stuff in one place. I didn't even know there was a separate technical forum for Poser stuff. Kate

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 1999 at 1:15 PM

Poser Tech is very different than the main Poser forum. It deals with issues that get lost in this forum. That was the main reason for creating it. PT isn't really for help related questions, it more for File internals discussions. By collecting those types of threads in one place it's more of an information think tank. -JH.

skee ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 1999 at 1:17 PM

In my opinion, most of the new people come to this site first to find answers. Maybe it would be advantagous to combine the sites. I know that I always look here for the most help. skee

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 1999 at 1:27 PM

Poser Tech is for CR2 hackers and PHI masters. If this isn't what you do with Poser then the PT forum isn't where you wanna be. -JH.

ecockrell ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 1999 at 1:31 PM

I would second what has been said here. If you attempt to divide each topic into forty-two categories, nobody will know where to go. The majority of the poser related questions should be in this forum, including textures, new completed characters, etc.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 1999 at 2:04 PM

I looked a Poser Tech and didnt really see much that related to me ... I have a feeling that if combined it would bog down the main poser forum so that you would have too much to go through ... But it might consolodate it some. Just a thought though ...

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 1999 at 2:11 PM

Okay then, since I don't even know anything about cr2 splitting or stuff like that (heck I just use the program to make images LOL ) Then I will leave things alone and leave that area for those of you that like to tear things apart :o) While, us... less complicated users... use this forum to get our general questions answered. Thanks for the heads up Jeff, glad you're on my team :o) Jack

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 1999 at 6:37 PM

heya; yeah, leave those techie poser hackers alone... they dont like people messing with their stuff. ;)

Kagato98 ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 1999 at 8:01 PM

I agree, keep the tech forum and the poser forum seperated! If I ever want to get technical, Ill go to the tech place! Or something.....heh

RadArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 November 1999 at 3:00 AM

I agree with Jeff. The Techi Forum has it's own merits. We do tend to have a lot of threads on the Poser Forum that at times are nothing more than just a display of our work asking, hey, what do you think?, or hey, I want some compliments or opinions?, or just your general "joke" for the day, wink. The techi place is for info, nothing more, nothing less. It's a great place to go to get some quick, solid, serious answers without having to dig through the many non-info remarks or threads. I hope this helps? Radart:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.