Fri, Sep 20, 2:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 12:11 am)

Subject: DAZ Studio 4.0 Pro - Genesis related question

razabazarguy ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2012 at 3:54 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

Hello everyone.

Let me describe my problem -

I am working with Genesis figure and I am making custom character with the help of Creature creater dials. After creating the character I am facing difficulties in adding a texture to it. Different looking characters require different textures. So for every new character I need to build my own skin textures.

Anyone knows how to do this ? 

SickenlySweete ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2012 at 8:07 PM

skin textures are jpg images..

to create them

1. get a uvmap of the character either v4,v5,or genesis

2. take that into a paint program and paint it

3. apply it to the model

there are also merchant resource skins in the market place that you can then change in a paint program to apply as well. do a search for them.

or use ready made ones for any of the character versions i listed above..these will come packaged with either matposes to apply or presets.

www.bloodyrosesdesigns.com

http://www.aldaraproject.com/aldara/

http://www.dreamslayervisions.com

razabazarguy ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2012 at 11:55 AM · edited Fri, 24 August 2012 at 11:59 AM

Well, thanks **SickenlySweete **for the points.

But the first point ' get a uvmap of the character either v4,v5,or genesis' is where I am stuck now.

Is there any free UV map available for Genesis? If yes, then please send me the link

coldrake ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2012 at 12:42 PM

Attached Link: Snowsultans seam guides.

Here you go.

Coldrake

razabazarguy ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2012 at 12:58 PM

Quote - Here you go.

Coldrake

- Thank You very much..this is just the one I was looking for 

coldrake ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2012 at 1:56 PM

Glad I could help!

Coldrake

TheHalfdragon ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2012 at 1:57 AM

for the mos part you could use the V4.2 tex maps for the part that arent of the creature creator parts and you have to dl the maps for creature creator so that you have the maps for them i don't know if snyone else has covered this but, if you have both sets of maps you can create any map you need for the creature you are working on

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.