Tue, Oct 22, 9:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:01 am)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: Ignore button

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2012 at 12:03 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:23 AM

I've had several members ask for this both in threads and via sitemail and email.

A button to allow users to ignore posts by other specified users. I know it is a part of a great many message systems I have used, but cannot find any implimentation of it here in our software.

Is this a possibility?

FrankT ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2012 at 2:21 PM

huge puppydog eyes

pwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzeeee!!!!!!  I've been after one of these for ages

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2012 at 8:18 PM

Im not sure where exactly the discussion is at, or if it will even be implemented, but I do know it was in discussion at one point...I'll find out where we are at on that and let you all know :)

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2012 at 8:35 PM

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2012 at 12:18 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I'll put a request here for an ignore button. Too many threads are getting derailed and that makes them hard to follow which in turn detracts from the site as a whole.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2012 at 12:18 PM

One more vote for the ignore button!!!!

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2012 at 12:21 PM

Oh yes, that is definitely another vote for the ignore button.  😄

Poser Pro 2012/3DS Max 2013/Adobe Photoshop Elements 10/Zbrush/

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

foxylady1 ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2012 at 12:22 PM

Another vote for the ignore button.

Please!

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2012 at 12:43 PM

I think basicwiz is doing a great job but I think an ignore button would help him no end, and the rest of us, who can get back to reading the good parts of posts rather seeing them locked.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2012 at 12:54 PM

Yes please to an ignore button.

Ideally an ignore per thread button, so posts by a user you've chosen to ignore are only hidden relative to a given thread.

It should only need one extra column in the table, for the thread ID, I think???

Cheers 😄

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2012 at 1:26 PM

I agree with everyone else here - adding an ignore button (per thread) is better than the mod turning the forum into a soviet style erase function - we have that already over at DAZ.

vholf ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2012 at 2:03 PM

I vote for the ignore button as long as it's thread based, I don't want to ignore someone entirely just because of a few heated comments, when all I want is to "clean up" a thread that might be getting off-topic.

Tessalynne ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2012 at 2:09 PM

I also favor an ignore button, it would definitely improve my forum experience here.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2012 at 2:17 PM

Another vote for ignore, please.

mishamcm ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2012 at 1:06 AM

I'll be the odd man out and say I'm not in favor of an ignore button.  It doesn't really solve anything, quite the reverse -- it gives the people who want to make trouble free rein to do so without saner heads speaking up.  It'll just be the troublemakers on both sides of any issue posting.  Maybe I won't have to see it, but is that really what I want a newcomer to see?

DreamWeaver_Designs ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2012 at 4:55 AM

Yes please

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2012 at 12:30 PM

It's in discusssion folks..just an FYI..however if we do get an ignore feature, it won't stop us from taking action against the troublemakers...just a heads up 😉

~Jani

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2012 at 12:45 PM

Quote - It's in discusssion folks..just an FYI..however if we do get an ignore feature, it won't stop us from taking action against the troublemakers...just a heads up 😉

that's fine - I just want to be able to browse threads in the Poser forum in peace :)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

SickleYield ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2012 at 7:25 PM

Or a "block site messages from" button?  Mostly I treasure customer suggestions, in fact I offer free copies of product to those whose ideas I use, but I think we've all occasionally been pestered by someone with inappropriate suggestions and an inability to take no for an answer.

Roboman28 ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2012 at 4:59 PM

Trouble with an ignore button is that some people will use it to censor views they don't like rather than be bothered to reason things through.

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2012 at 1:03 PM

That's fine - so long as I get to not read stuff that is being deliberately disruptive

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Roboman28 ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2012 at 3:23 PM

If the ignore button only prevents YOU from reading the material no-one could reasonably object to that. I thought it was a general censorship button that would prevent anyone from viewing the material if posted on your art work. Am I wrong?

On balance I value free speech more than the ability to remain unchallenged. I've had abusive people on Deviant Art but I find them easy to deal with because abuse carries no argument and I figure that anyone reading the thread would realise that. On the other hand I once commented on a picture by a commercial texture artist. It said nothing derogatory about her work or anything abusive but had the afront to list my opinions of the very best textures available. She got a mention but not right at the top. So she reposted her work and claimed that someone had been really rude to her which was totally untrue. Presumably my crime was not to fit in with her notion that she was the very best texture producer there was. Whats to stop people like that claiming you are being deliberatively disruptive? No share all views and let the reader decide who is being reasonable.

FrankT ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2012 at 1:33 PM

Quote - I thought it was a general censorship button that would prevent anyone from viewing the material if posted on your art work. Am I wrong?

You are indeed incorrect.  It's purely so I don't have to see the trolls

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:26 AM

Ok gang..😉

The ignore feature has been brought up and will be discussed Im hoping in the yearly admin meeting..I'll let you know what I hear back.

~Jani

keppel ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 7:05 AM

When you say "yearly admin meeting" surely you don't mean that there is only one meeting a year where these suggestions get discussed? 

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 1:38 PM

No, meetings take place all the time and suggestions are brought up in all of them..I mentioned the yearly one here now since that is now taking place.

Thanks

~Jani

FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2012 at 1:39 PM

So uhhh how did the meeting go ?

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2012 at 3:10 PM

to those thinking an ignore is not a good idea.

think on this. in the real world, if I don't like you or what your saying, I can walk away.

here, I can't avoid you unless I avoid the thread totally. if I go in, I see what you say.. no way round it.

*I'd like the ignore to avoid the trolls that disrup the poser forum, who will never be banned.

FrankT ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2012 at 12:49 PM

ahem (Polite cough intended to draw attention to the coughee)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2012 at 2:11 PM

Quote - Or a "block site messages from" button?  Mostly I treasure customer suggestions, in fact I offer free copies of product to those whose ideas I use, but I think we've all occasionally been pestered by someone with inappropriate suggestions and an inability to take no for an answer.

We already have this feature. Go into a message and there are links across the top of the message box, one of them is 'block user' 😉

~Jani

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2012 at 2:14 PM

Sorry gang, Since the yearly meeting has past and now the holiday stuff is in full swing, I haven't heard anything back regarding the ignore feature, but I will go and bring it back to attention.

Thanks!

~Jani

FrankT ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2012 at 2:09 PM

Still nothing I guess?  I am really in need of one atm

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

mysticeagle ( ) posted Sun, 16 December 2012 at 5:16 PM

i wonder how the ignore posts from user "x" in thread, meeting has panned out if it has been held yet. I'm in favour of it too  :)

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2013 at 1:37 PM

One last despairing request, although I fear it to be hopeless . . .

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2013 at 3:10 AM

Still nothing as of yet :sad: I'll send off another email and see where we are at.

~Jani

keppel ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2013 at 7:26 AM

Seems like there is already an ignore the ignore request button button being used.

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2013 at 7:39 AM

Just got the word... this is on the agenda for next Tuesday's staff meeting. My boss promised to report back to me after the meeting. Will advise.

Tessalynne ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2013 at 8:01 AM

sigh  Crossing my fingers for a positive outcome, getting tired of unsubscribing from threads I was enjoying following.

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2013 at 8:30 AM

Tell me about it. And I can't unsubscribe!

FrankT ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2013 at 2:11 PM

We shall have to get you a gold plated banhammer for Xmas :)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Autumn_Rains ( ) posted Sun, 27 January 2013 at 7:19 AM

I would like to see this in the Gallery too,  I think it would really help concidering the amount of people complaining complaining about really negative and abusive comments being posted Which out of context seem harmless.. Something that works like face book, where you can block some one, they can't see you and you can't see them..

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2013 at 11:42 AM

I just got word back from Admin...

Not at this time.

It will be considered when a general recoding of the forums is worked on later in the Spring.

Will keep everyone informed.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 2:38 PM

The forums and galleries project will be worked on in late spring, or early summer. I will let everyone know if anything changes before then.

~Jani

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 8:37 AM · edited Thu, 21 March 2013 at 8:39 AM

Forums going to be worked on in late spring?

Let me propose a 2 click solution.

=> => Restore to December 2012 lay -out. <= <=
=> => Remove header. <= <=

Finished.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 8:49 AM

And no, you do not need endless board meetings for that.

The current forum layput is total chaos on a netbook.
And PS? a netbook is to go on the net.

N270 CPU with Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset.

Half of the posts are hidden behind the grey ad boxes.
Sometimes pages go east off screen => Extend to the right and go off sreen & no slider to get there.

HUGE and EMPTY Black box just above the posts. Sometimes as hi as 800 pixels.

Do I need to continue?
I can overflow this with tons of screengrabs.
Not a single page of Rendero is error free.

Restore to 2012 lay out and life happy ever after.
This change is the worst I have seen in years. Including DAZ 's

Every improvement is a change
But not every change is an improvement. This here is the best example.

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 9:48 AM

and that relates to an ignore button how exactly?

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 10:09 AM

Ignore webmasters changes? LOL
Ignore board s decisions. LOL
Ingnore stupid changes.

Ignore change with the sole purpose to "change".

Less LOL.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 11:15 PM

I agree with Frank. Please stay on topic. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.