Thu, Sep 19, 10:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:56 pm)

Subject: Daz and Morphs

kerrieanne ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2012 at 1:12 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:04 PM

I used Mudbox for to make a talon morph after loading it using morph loader pro it warps genesis everytime I try to pose it, is there anything I can do?

FyraNyanser ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2012 at 4:24 PM · edited Sat, 13 October 2012 at 4:24 PM

I've never used Mudbox, but I create morphs for Genesis in Blender. What do you mean by "warp"? I know that if you don't maintain vertex order on export (from Blender to DAZ, in my case) Genesis will "explode" when the morph is dialled. The settings I use to export are to check "Objects as OBJ Objects", "Keep Vertex Order" and "Polygroups" (and the last two settings also when importing). I don't know what the export settings are for Mudbox, but perhaps it's something like that.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2012 at 4:36 PM

Was Genesis posed or morphed when you created the morph? If it was, did you have the same pose or morphs applied when you loaded the new morph, and did you check the Reverse deformations option?

kerrieanne ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 5:33 AM

It was in it's zero pose, I'm not sure about the deformations option.

kerrieanne ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 6:00 AM

file_487638.jpg

here's what happens when I use a pose withe the morph I made.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 9:03 AM

Ah, you have, I guess, made the arms or torso longer than the original shape - to fix that you need to go to Edit>Figure>Rigging>Adjust rigging to shape, then (assuming that works) zero the pose so that the only changes to the base figure are the new rigging and your morph. Now you need to go to the Proeprty editor pane menu - if you have to open the pane it will take ages to populate, but you don't actually need ti - just the tab - so if you have it docked in a group and behind another pane just right-click the tab and pick ERC Freeze...; make sure that Figure iss et to your figure, the node to the node that has the morph (Genesis), and the Property to your morph, and that all of the changed joints are seelcted in the Freeze properties list, and that the check boxes at the bottom are all selected. After applying that, you should find that your morph adjusts the joint centres so that the figure still poses correctly - assuming you are happy with the result, File>Save as>Support Asset(s)>Morph Asset and you're done.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.