Sun, Oct 6, 9:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser heaven has arrived?

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 4:34 PM

I'd never compress a system drive. Too many things that can go wrong and the space saved is neglible.

Not to mention Windows and Antivirus gets s l o w.

Better to let Poser do the job as it only compresses files actually worth compressing.

wimvdb ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 4:39 PM

Quote - I'd never compress a system drive. Too many things that can go wrong and the space saved is neglible.

Not to mention Windows and Antivirus gets s l o w.

Better to let Poser do the job as it only compresses files actually worth compressing.

It is the datadrive as I said. I regular make backups and the saving is as good as any zip program. The system only accesses it to save and load scenes and this makes it just as fast or slow as Poser which uses a similar zip compression. Since I don't use this machine to access the internet, I don't run an AV program on it. I have used this method for 10 years and have never had any problem.

grichter ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 5:07 PM

Quote - > Quote - ...OT,,

That fellow was 8'11" but look at his proportions when I cropped him next to a normal man. We are born with a big noggin and then we grow legs for it...;)

8'11" !!!! Holy moley!

His head does look a TAD smaller, but not much.  Very interesting photo.

His name is Robert Wadlow. Born in Alton, Illinois in 1918. My dad's mother's madien name was Wadlow also and I have a few pictures of Robert at some car races my dad drove in back then. Picture a person not having to buy a ticket to watch the races because he was tall enought to stand next to the fence and look over for free!

He used to be the tallest man in the world until recently.

Of course with Single Axis Scaling now working in the latest versions of Poser even the new guy who holds the record is in jeopardy of retaining that title. But idler or dx would have to make a set of shoes bigger then 37AA (The size Robert wore). :ohmy:

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

arrow1 ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 5:10 PM

I asked this silly question before.But did not get an answer. Does anyone no if there is any criteria for re parenting Poser props to Genesis figures? I have tried, when a pose is applied they shoot off the figure. Cheers

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 11, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2024, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite, Vue 2023 and 2024, Plant Catologue, DAZ Studio 4.22, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator 3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses.  Nikon Z 6 ii and Z5. 180-600mm lens, 24-70 mm lens with adapter.Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

wimvdb ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 5:14 PM

Quote - I asked this silly question before.But did not get an answer. Does anyone no if there is any criteria for re parenting Poser props to Genesis figures? I have tried, when a pose is applied they shoot off the figure. Cheers

I tried it with a gen4 smartprop and it stayed with the genesis figure after a pose

So it does seem to work

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 5:25 PM

I have noticed some odd... well, erratic, I guess... smart prop behaviour since SR3 actually.

Not specific to Genesis, in my case.

Once or twice... and not consistent. Not nailed it down, tbh...

...has anyone else noticed this... is there any known issue around smart-props, related to SR3 perhaps?

To early, from my point of view, to tell if SR3.1 has changed anything here.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 5:28 PM

Quote - To early, from my point of view, to tell if SR3.1 has changed anything here.

SR 3.1 did fix some prop parenting problems.  Not sure if it's your prop parenting problem, but it did have a fix.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 5:30 PM

Quote - > Quote - To early, from my point of view, to tell if SR3.1 has changed anything here.

SR 3.1 did fix some prop parenting problems.  Not sure if it's your prop parenting problem, but it did have a fix.

Cool - thanks... good to know.

grichter ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 6:02 PM

What one has to assume is, if the dsf, duf system removes the injection channels and the channel conflicts of PMB's and FMB's which is a great advancment instead of having to open files and check for channel conflicts of add ons, it will only be a matter of time until the following occurs:

1.) Some person like Snarly, PhilC, Netherworks, Semideu, the Perfect injection crew, D3D create a script set that creates the files from a fully loaded V4 and converts them back out for you to the duf format so the channel conflicts are history and they load into the defiault Genesis Character set to your perferred character V4 or V5, etc and possibly the content (clothes) you want to conform to your target character.

2.) Some such advancement is written into P10, PP201X, which allows for auto reading of duf based data files to cut down on file size of saved off characters. ala PMD's but using duf's automatically. Double click on the figure in your poser library and the morphs load like you can do now by hacking a cr2 of V4 or M4, and when you conform a clothing item it reads the duf's in the character and adds them to the cloth (ala auto fit)

My take is that V4, M4 content is compatible with a little to a lot of fiddling. But over time that will eventually become a thing of the past (the fiddling part not the content) as smart third party minds figure out ways to make advancement the original creators didn't invision. That is the beauty of the Poser verse. People dreaming up things and ways to do things that were considered impossible.

Me, I want to load up how I invision a scene and spend my time on lighting and composition. I can do that right now with V4, M4 and other new WM'd characters quickly. Maybe use morphing clothes or Xdress or WWII when I have to in a pinch for Older or other character content. Not spend time fiddling hoping something will work.

The DSON thing is a huge leap forward it appears. Just needs the rough edges removed and a little more to occur automatically. That will come with time and some of the smarter 3rd party minds here and or The SM-Poser development crew in the next version given enough time to apply their tricks of the trade so to speak.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

krsears ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 6:25 PM

You just described DS4's Autofit...

Kendall

Quote - What one has to assume is, if the dsf, duf system removes the injection channels and the channel conflicts of PMB's and FMB's which is a great advancment instead of having to open files and check for channel conflicts of add ons, it will only be a matter of time until the following occurs:

1.) Some person like Snarly, PhilC, Netherworks, Semideu, the Perfect injection crew, D3D create a script set that creates the files from a fully loaded V4 and converts them back out for you to the duf format so the channel conflicts are history and they load into the defiault Genesis Character set to your perferred character V4 or V5, etc and possibly the content (clothes) you want to conform to your target character.

2.) Some such advancement is written into P10, PP201X, which allows for auto reading of duf based data files to cut down on file size of saved off characters. ala PMD's but using duf's automatically. Double click on the figure in your poser library and the morphs load like you can do now by hacking a cr2 of V4 or M4, and when you conform a clothing item it reads the duf's in the character and adds them to the cloth (ala auto fit)

My take is that V4, M4 content is compatible with a little to a lot of fiddling. But over time that will eventually become a thing of the past (the fiddling part not the content) as smart third party minds figure out ways to make advancement the original creators didn't invision. That is the beauty of the Poser verse. People dreaming up things and ways to do things that were considered impossible.

Me, I want to load up how I invision a scene and spend my time on lighting and composition. I can do that right now with V4, M4 and other new WM'd characters quickly. Maybe use morphing clothes or Xdress or WWII when I have to in a pinch for Older or other character content. Not spend time fiddling hoping something will work.

The DSON thing is a huge leap forward it appears. Just needs the rough edges removed and a little more to occur automatically. That will come with time and some of the smarter 3rd party minds here and or The SM-Poser development crew in the next version given enough time to apply their tricks of the trade so to speak.

arrow1 ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 6:30 PM

Many thanks for your replies.I will try and re- parent a prop again! Cheers

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 11, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2024, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite, Vue 2023 and 2024, Plant Catologue, DAZ Studio 4.22, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator 3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses.  Nikon Z 6 ii and Z5. 180-600mm lens, 24-70 mm lens with adapter.Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

richardson ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 6:36 PM

file_487664.jpeg

*But idler or dx would have to make a set of shoes bigger then 37AA*(The *size Robert wore).*

It never says what it costs to be huge... custom everything

I'm Mr OT today,,,

I add this last pic for the sheer wonder of it all. André Roussimoff was 7'4" yet he was proportioned almost like a dwarf. Robert Wadlow was 8'11" but gained much of his final height in his legs and had to use braces to walk in the end. His extra 1/2 head height comes from this, I think. But,,, check out the head scale at play when they are cropped together side by side.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 7:32 PM

Having trouble loading this, here are my steps:

1. Running Poser 9 SR3 on Win7 64 bit

2. Downloaded:
    2a) DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Win32.exe
    2b) 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc.exe
    2c) 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.exe

3. Installed (2a) to C:Program Files (x86)Smith MicroPoser 9 (NOTE: it defaulted to Poser Pro 2012 in a (x86) directory, which is wrong, and still put the un-installers there, even though I changed it)

4. Installed (2b,c) into my Runtime, which is on my V: drive (another hard disk, fully writeable)

5. Poser starts fine, stuff is in the Runtime, double-click on Genesis and get the picture like before posted:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “V:HobbiesDazStudiocontentRuntimelibrariesCharacterDAZ PeopleGenesis.py”, line 1, in
  import dson.dzdsonimporter
ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

Any thoughts?  Anyone here using P9?

(I posted at Daz as well, but I don't frequent there anymore, and last I was there the thread notifier did not work)

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 8:42 PM

SR3.1 fixed it for me, thanks.

lkendall ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2012 at 10:28 PM · edited Sun, 14 October 2012 at 10:34 PM

Folks:

Looking through Dimension3D's form on GenX and DSF Toolbox update at DAZ3D, I found that D3D has make a little python script (free) that has a LOT of power. It will load DSF files into Poser through the DSON Importer that are DS4.0 or DS4.5 compatable, but do not yet have companion files created. Now, we don't have to wait for vendors to make companion files, or open DS, to use many (but not all) items of Genesis content. :)

http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

We should gratefully thank D3D for this. THANKS D3D! :)

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

GhostWolf ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 1:43 AM

Just downloaded the necessary files, but I would like to see the test render results in Poser before I try it myself, still not ready to jump onto the V5 bandwagon yet.

flibbits ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 3:43 AM

Still not sure where the .trx and .ds files go.

lkendall ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 3:58 AM

Flibbits:

If you are using Windows Vista, or Windows 7, create a Genesis directory anywhere but under a directory named "programs". Then install your .trx and .ds files there. If your DS 4.X files are loaded to a "documents" directory you can load them there. Where ever you load the files, add that runtime to your Runtines in the Poser Library.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

JoePublic ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 7:45 AM · edited Mon, 15 October 2012 at 7:49 AM

"It will load DSF files into Poser through the DSON Importer that are DS4.0 or DS4.5 compatable, but do not yet have companion files created."

Has someone gotten it to work ?

Tried it with lots of files from my Studio content and it immediately crashes Poser. 

:-(

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 8:10 AM

You have to add the whole Daz content folder as a Runtime in Poser first.

"Important --------- When using this script, you can load DSON files only from a folder that was added to the Poser library as a Runtime folder. Otherwise, Poser will crash.

If your content folder for DS is C:DAZStudio, you have to add C:DAZStudioRuntime as a library folder to Poser. Then, you can load DSON files from all folders below C:DAZStudio, even those outside of C:DAZStudioRuntime."

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 8:40 AM

Now you are really going to confuse people. You do not add runtime to poser. You add the folder above it.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

JoePublic ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 8:45 AM

Thank you.

It worked, although there are still some problems loading some clothes.

JoePublic ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 8:49 AM

Damn.

If I don't immediately switch Subdivision OFF once Genesis is loaded, Poser inevitable will crash after moving the camera around or doing other stuff.

It's as if OpenGL can't keep up with the SubD.

Without it, Genesis is as stable as any other figure.

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 8:59 AM

I don't have this problem but I have subdiv at 0 anyhow until rendertime.

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 9:07 AM

How do you intend to make the Daz shaders work in Poser bagginsbill? I saved a shader in Daz and imported it together with the proper Poser companion files but it does nothing...

?

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 9:08 AM · edited Mon, 15 October 2012 at 9:10 AM

Quote - Damn.

If I don't immediately switch Subdivision OFF once Genesis is loaded, Poser inevitable will crash after moving the camera around or doing other stuff.

It's as if OpenGL can't keep up with the SubD.

Without it, Genesis is as stable as any other figure.

I've been happily posing Genesis, moving around it, moving it around, with it fully subdivided.

Not had any crashes, as yet with it.

Actually haven't had any Poser crashes for months, apart from in one case... after installing SR3 (before installing SR3.1). It abnormally terminated a couple of times when I tried to parent a hair prop to Anastasia.

Is it crashing with an unclothed Genesis figure, Joe. Or only once clothes are added, perhaps?

JoePublic ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 9:26 AM · edited Mon, 15 October 2012 at 9:35 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_487683.JPG

Crashes with an unclothed figure.

You move the camera a bit around or you enter the material room, the cursor vanishes and Poser freezes and has to be restarted.

Funny thing just happened:

Load Genesis as usual. Switch off SubD via the DSON support script.

Load the M5 genitals via the DSON importer Python. SubD is off by default.

Parent the genitals to Genesis.

Now I get TWO copys of Genesis !

It's still just one figure, but there is also now a second copy of the mesh which can't be deleted or posed.

And the genitals switched now to SubD1, and the mesh is in the default pose (errect), while the SubD "outline" is in flaccid pose.

Enter the material room and go back to the pose room immidiately,the second Genesis mesh is gone, but the "ghost genital"  SubD is still there.

Try to switch off SubD for the genital, Poser crashes.

Lol !

Pretty sure it is yet another OpenGL issue.

Poser is definitely the most fickle OpenGL-using proggy on my machine. (Real time shadows never worked right and stopped working completely after SR1)

Card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT540M with the latest drivers, btw.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 9:38 AM

He he... that's pretty weird.

No idea... openGL sounds like a distinct possibility??

I'm on a 2011 model imac. Certainly not seen anything like this... yet.

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 9:51 AM · edited Mon, 15 October 2012 at 9:52 AM

I have absolutely no clue why you all want to continue with a figure where head morphs move toe- and fingernails.
Just an example : there are dosens of those pollutions in Genesis.
No wonder file sizes are HUGE compared to "normal" lean and clean figures.

With an importer that takes over certain native Poser files.

That comes with no object file to morph in a conventional way.

DSON is a poisoned magnet to pull you all into the never ending money spending machine.

"Uninstall", is the only safe way out.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Zev0 ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 10:21 AM

Jeez Vilters..Give it a rest man...Why dont you uninstall yourself from the thread if you're not going to contribute or say anything useful.

My Renderosity Store

Janl ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 10:23 AM

Quote -
DSON is a poisoned magnet to pull you all into the never ending money spending machine.

LOL

You could say that about Poser itself. I know I have spent far too much here at Rendo this last year. lol

Zev0 ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 10:35 AM

Quote - He he... that's pretty weird.

No idea... openGL sounds like a distinct possibility??

I'm on a 2011 model imac. Certainly not seen anything like this... yet.

I think some items have a ghost Genesis shell or something like that, specially Geografted items. You can see them in zbrush but appear as a seperate subtool. DazStudio knows not to have these visible hense only the desired item is visible, but it appears they haven't told Poser to do the same.

My Renderosity Store

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 10:37 AM

@ZevO

Every point I made is usefull, and factual information, and can be documented with proof in detail.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 10:39 AM

LMAO. we NEED vilters

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 10:47 AM

Quote - DSON is a poisoned magnet to pull you all into the never ending money spending machine.

LMAO. we NEED vilters

Ha ha. It's true... I've already found myself wishlisting stuff over at Daz that I'd previously just blanked out :laugh:

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 10:51 AM · edited Mon, 15 October 2012 at 10:52 AM

They've already suckered me into actually launching DS4.5... to figure out using that as an autofit utility. he he.

But... I still have a lot of Tyler, Anastasia and Miki4 time penciled in for the next while...

I am proceeding slowly and with caution still when it comes to Gen5... and not just because I'm currently, totally skint 😉

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 10:59 AM

So I got Genesis working in Poser, but it does seem to slow down response time for P9 especially browsing the library.

Now to use anything V4, I have to go back to DS and get it auto-fit?  I do have the V4/M4 Shapes, and was hoping I could apply that and then V4 Clothes, and then they Morph with...but that seems to not work.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:04 AM

Quote - Jeez Vilters..Give it a rest man...Why dont you uninstall yourself from the thread if you're not going to contribute or say anything useful.

Agreed!

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:04 AM · edited Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:06 AM

Quote - Now to use anything V4, I have to go back to DS and get it auto-fit?  I do have the V4/M4 Shapes, and was hoping I could apply that and then V4 Clothes, and then they Morph with...but that seems to not work.

I believe, at present, using DS4.5 to first apply the V4/M4 shapes, then autofit and then export as duf, is required for preparing any existing Gen4 clothing... as far as I understand it...

...am I correct in thinking this?

bhoins ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:10 AM

Quote - Hmm.  Reading a few pages of this, what I get is:

It works.

But not really.

You can autofit and it works.

Maybe.

Nothing said about Poser dynamic clothing working, deal killer right there.

Needs DS installed and another kludge to convert it to something Poser can read, another deal killer.

"SM has to---"  No, SM isn't the one that came up with the idea, it's not their place to scramble to make it compatible with Poser.  I have some thought that to do so would require changing the core of Poser so much it would become unstable even without the genesis figure.

DAZ record of updating plugins is perhaps less than stellar, why would we believe this is going to be different? 

Or. I'll pass until I think it has a chance of working with no more hassle than any standard or Poser weight mapped figure.  As long as it requires DS to use, no possible way. 

And I confess to reading quickly and in a disinterested manner.  If it did not require jumping through an endless series of hoops, maybe.  But I'm not learning to jump through hoops to get something no better than what I now have.

D.

What are you talking about? It works, really.

You only need DS if you want to create content for Genesis, or convert Genesis Content that DAZ hasn't converted to the new format yet (No kludge involved, or if you want to use Autofit (which converts clothing from other figures to Genesis.).

Autofit is a DS plug-in and has nothing to do with Poser.

Genesis Morph following works in Poser with this importer.

Specifically which Plug-ins has DAZ not updated in a timely manner?

bhoins ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:19 AM

Quote - I don't have this problem but I have subdiv at 0 anyhow until rendertime.

Note -1 is a special setting for Sub-D which turns it off entirely. Turn it back on before render.

Zev0 ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:21 AM

Anybody having real long library loading? Never had it before I installed this.

My Renderosity Store

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:23 AM

Quote - Anybody having real long library loading? Never had it before I installed this.

I have a very unresponsive and slow library...

Zev0 ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:24 AM

Hmmm..how the hell do you fix this?..I basically cannot use Poser anymore..Any suggestions?

My Renderosity Store

bhoins ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:24 AM

Quote - > Quote - Now to use anything V4, I have to go back to DS and get it auto-fit?  I do have the V4/M4 Shapes, and was hoping I could apply that and then V4 Clothes, and then they Morph with...but that seems to not work.

I believe, at present, using DS4.5 to first apply the V4/M4 shapes, then autofit and then export as duf, is required for preparing any existing Gen4 clothing... as far as I understand it...

...am I correct in thinking this?

The V4 and M4 clones are included with Genesis, so you don't need the V4 and M4 shapes to use Autofit in DS to convert clothing to Genesis. The Mil3 clones come with their shapes, so to convert clothing from them to Genesis you will need to purchase their shapes.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:27 AM · edited Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:38 AM

file_487685.png

I think every one of us has different tastes.When I was new to the Poser community I bought a whole lot of content (heh, I just looked at my DAZ order history and there are near 1000 items in it).  I usually had to have the latest and greatest.  Nowadays, I purchase things for the following reasons ...

(1) I have a particular image in mind, and need content with a specific look

(2) I am doing a promo render, and want a specific hairstyle that is suited for the character

Those are the main reasons that I purchase *selectively."  But the one thing that drives me to "impulse buy" is realism.  If I see a character that is extremely realistic looking, it usually goes straight in the cart. If that is the case, it's not going to matter to me whether it is generation 3, generation 4, or generation 5. I'll find a way to make it work.

To give an example, I just saw a new character "Temptress" being featured in the marketplace (by onajdy). When I saw the other character morphs by this artist, I bought the big bundle - most especially because of the character I show here/ BRILLIANT work. They're all for M4, but I didn't care ... they were far and away some of the best pieces of character work that I'd ever come across, and I can't resist good art.  I envy the skill that this artist has for character morphing.

Genesis is cool, there are a lot of innovative features in it. But there is still much "cool factor" in other content as well. From a user's standpoint they each have their strengths, they each have their weaknesses, and what it all boils down to is a matter of preference. 

Miki 4 is brilliant. Blackhearted's Anastasia is brilliant. There is a lot of brilliant out there, and I support brilliant. 8-)

bhoins ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:27 AM

Quote - Hmmm..how the hell do you fix this?..I basically cannot use Poser anymore..Any suggestions?

They found a bug which locks up some libraries and are fixing it, but nothing on slow libraries. With Poser 2012 if you detach the library the lock up goes away. Unfortunately with Poser 9 you can't detach the library.

Zev0 ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:27 AM

Sigh...converting all my GenX transfers is gonna take some time...

My Renderosity Store

Zev0 ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:28 AM

Quote - > Quote - Hmmm..how the hell do you fix this?..I basically cannot use Poser anymore..Any suggestions?

They found a bug which locks up some libraries and are fixing it, but nothing on slow libraries. With Poser 2012 if you detach the library the lock up goes away. Unfortunately with Poser 9 you can't detach the library.

Cool. I will try the Undock...

My Renderosity Store

bhoins ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:35 AM · edited Mon, 15 October 2012 at 11:39 AM

Quote - Sigh...converting all my GenX transfers is gonna take some time...

GenX transfers don't need to be converted, the dials are there in Poser just like they are in DS.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.