Mon, Sep 9, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: OT: My shower companion

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 2:33 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 3:25 PM

file_487705.jpg

It sat on the wall for three days. Then it disappeared. This morning I was happily having a shower when I felt something on my ankle. There it was crawling up my leg. Psycho meets arachnophobia. I think the neighours thought I was being murdered.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Radar_Foxbat ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 3:14 AM

can't handle spiders he'd been squished long time ago actually I would have fed him to one of my bats although this guy looks about the size of one of my bats.  although might have kept him for a model to be animated

If you talk to the Animals, they will talk with you. And you will know each other. If you do not talk to them, you will not know them. And what you do not know you will fear, What one fears One destroys." Chief Dan George-Tsleil-Waututh Nation Next time your scared by a bat remember 8 million have died from White Nose Syndrome 1 bat=5 lbs bugs/year=1-2 million mosquitoes/year 1 small bat house = 250-700 bats you do the math. West Nile Virus infected 5287 people killed 243 last year is your home protected? http://fewerr.org/Pictures/WNV_Bat_Mosquito_yellow%202.pdf

http://www.fewerr.org/PDF/bookfly1.pdf

Radar_Foxbat ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 3:18 AM

just heading to bed after feeding my bats going to release them tomorrow to eat a million bugs around here now i'm probably going to have nightmares of giant spiders.

If you talk to the Animals, they will talk with you. And you will know each other. If you do not talk to them, you will not know them. And what you do not know you will fear, What one fears One destroys." Chief Dan George-Tsleil-Waututh Nation Next time your scared by a bat remember 8 million have died from White Nose Syndrome 1 bat=5 lbs bugs/year=1-2 million mosquitoes/year 1 small bat house = 250-700 bats you do the math. West Nile Virus infected 5287 people killed 243 last year is your home protected? http://fewerr.org/Pictures/WNV_Bat_Mosquito_yellow%202.pdf

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 3:24 AM

My wife always makes me put any house spiders, foolish enough to show themselves, outside.

Sometimes though, if she isn't supervising the eviction, I just migrate them into the garage... now, that's just between me, and you guys, okay?

😉

prixat ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 4:42 AM · edited Tue, 16 October 2012 at 4:43 AM

I often get 'The Call' to go to my sister's place and remove some monstrous life- threatening spider. We're in the UK so theres no such thing and when I get there its usually a tiny, harmless, cute little thing. 

Once I went to get one out of her bath tub, she followed, directing me to the bathroom. I asked her exactly where it was (it was that small!).

There was no reply.

I looked back, out of the bathroom and down the long hallway, no sign of her. The front door was open, and down the steps along the garden path, she was out the gate and waiting on the other side of the road.

regards
prixat

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 5:57 AM

You have pet bats?  I'd rather have the spider.  About 40% of our bats carry rabies. (we call it lissa virus here)

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

jerr3d ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 6:20 AM

Quote - It sat on the wall for three days. Then it disappeared. This morning I was happily having a shower when I felt something on my ankle. There it was crawling up my leg. Psycho meets arachnophobia. I think the neighours thought I was being murdered.

Nice render! Wait, what?

Winterclaw ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 7:17 AM · edited Tue, 16 October 2012 at 7:17 AM

And here I thought this was going to be a cat thread...

What?

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 9:21 AM · edited Tue, 16 October 2012 at 9:24 AM

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!! I don't know about the rest of you, but he looks the size of a dinner plate to me. Judging by the vertical blind slats, he is.

Laurie flees

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 9:27 AM

This particular specimen is one of the largest rainspiders I have ever seen. Each leg is at least 8 cm long. I have been told they are not dangerous, but they freak me out anyway. They are just too large - creepy crawly personified. Husband captured it in a long-handled saucepan with a lid and put it outside.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 9:31 AM

Quote - AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!! I don't know about the rest of you, but he looks the size of a dinner plate to me. Judging by the vertical blind slats, he is.

Laurie flees

Yeah... I have to say he IS bigger than the average Scottish spider, by the looks of it. I'm not sure I could bring myself to pick him up and handle him like I would our native arachnids...

...he could probably pick me up... if he didn't just wrap himself round my head and facehug me into oblivion.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 9:41 AM · edited Tue, 16 October 2012 at 9:43 AM

Well, here in the states, at least in PA where I am, we get some pretty big common gray spiders. Some of them get about 2 inches across at times. They make me scream and run, cause they're not only big and ugly, they are FAAAAAST. LOL I just know they're gonna run right up my leg, just like I know mice will.

Orb spiders get absolutely monsterous, but at least they stay outdoors. The grays get in the house. LOL.

Laurie

icprncss2 ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 10:47 AM

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

And I thought Wolf spiders were icky.  That's just too creepy for me.  If I saw that thing on the wall, my first urge would be to grab my shotgun and blast it.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 10:48 AM

thanks to pepper pig spiders are known as mr skinny legs to my kids, although my wife calls them something entirely different,poor things.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

LilWolff ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 11:18 AM

Looks like a granddaddy long legs on steriods!  YIKES!

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 11:36 AM

I reckon she is probably a female, those are usually larger than the males. They eat small lizards as well as insects.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Radar_Foxbat ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 12:06 PM

I'm a licensed wildlife rehabber (it allows me to legally posses bats for a time for research) I take in the sick injured mostly orphaned raise & heal them and release them to kill another 1-2 milllion bugs a year. I'm currently working on a skunk bat it's actually a big brown very common in your attic including europe. I think he was probably taking a drink at someones pool and got dosed with some chorine shock. but it would be good for a new bat species I already have the candidates foxglove was on disneys chip and dale 's rescue ranges probably best drawn toon bat not a mouse with wings under it's armpits.

here is a partial medical record of Jerry skunk bat shows the data and graphs I collect on them just page down.

http://fewerr.org/PDF/Medical_Record_Bat_Skunk.pdf

here is a book I'm working on. I have a 1/2 in hole in my leg finally healed after 6 months from a brown recluse fiddle back spider nasty buggers had to use 10 cyanide gas bombs to nuke the house to get rid of them. the cover has a brown recluse in the bats claw.

oh ps in the US it is estimated one half of one percent of bats have rabies  skunks and raccoons are the highest here. you have a better chance of getting rabies from your dog then a bat. but I still hve all my shots since I deal with 100's of them a year. havent' had a rapid bat yet. some rehabbers work with 1000's and have never had one.

Radar_Foxbat ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 12:14 PM

I had 2 I think there called weever or spindle spiders they make these really big webs in the forest and they ar big like this spider had one on my window of the office next to the front door and the other on the other side of the door. in the morning the window adn the front door was covered adn I walked right into this 10 x 10 foot web and this huge spider crawling all over me talk about a heart attack.  some spider people think I had a male and female trying to mate working on attracting each other or something it worked they caught a 6 foot bug out of it. took me for ever to get that damn web off of me. never saw them again.

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 12:31 PM

I recently took a spider out of the building at work rather than killing it only to be reprimanded by two of the female staff because he "would come back with all his mates".  Never knew they were so intelligent or so social.......mind you he hasn't been back yet.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 12:32 PM

The orb spiders can be beautiful colors like bright yellow or green and hang out in a large bushy plant like tall phlox. Common grays are just, well, gray. LOL...very large tho and very icky looking....long legs and slightly furry like Nanette's spider. LOL.

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 12:38 PM · edited Tue, 16 October 2012 at 12:39 PM

Orbs. I've seen bright green ones. They'd actually be kinda pretty if they weren't so icky. LOL They normally sit on their web with their top four legs held up like they're stuck together.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 12:42 PM

Common gray. shudder

Laurie

Radar_Foxbat ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 1:11 PM

file_487718.jpg

yea it the orb spider I had family of weaver or something like that here is a picture of one taking out a bird I think somehwere I got one where they got a bat didn't know we had such big spiders in the U.S. let alone the city. maybe it was someones pet that got away or ate the kid that had it.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 1:12 PM

The orb spider looks beautiful. I wouldn't mind a 3d figure of one. The grey one you can keep.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 2:04 PM · edited Tue, 16 October 2012 at 2:09 PM

Quote - yea it the orb spider I had family of weaver or something like that here is a picture of one taking out a bird I think somehwere I got one where they got a bat didn't know we had such big spiders in the U.S. let alone the city. maybe it was someones pet that got away or ate the kid that had it.

Oh good GAWD. Now I'm totally itchy. LOLOL

I have seen some awful big ones...definitely big enough to take out a finch or small wren sized bird. Ugh.

Laurie

jancory ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 2:14 PM

my local paper pointed out it's now tarantula season here.  grreeeaaat.  also mentioned the males (the ones we see crossing the highway) live 10 years; females 20.   their life expectancy will go way down if they dare cross my path.

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 5:01 PM

I don't mind spiders at all.  My niece has a pet tarantula.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 5:26 PM

Quote - I don't mind spiders at all.  My niece has a pet tarantula.

My sister actually had one. I guess they can live for better than 20 years if you take proper care of them. The one my sister had didn't like to be handled, and he'd bite you if you tried to pick him up. But I did stay up one night and watch him feed. She gave him several crickets that she bought at a pet store. He would take a few weeks to eat them all.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

jerr3d ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 5:53 PM

Quote - ...Husband captured it in a long-handled saucepan with a lid and put it outside.

I am not making this up. I found a fairly large spider in the living room one day, captured him in a dixie cup and threw 'em out the door.

A day or two later I found a spider, looked just like the other, on the floor again!

my Poser Animations

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 6:33 PM

The joint center of the left 3 leg looks to be off to me. I'd take him into the setup room and fix.

Plus their skin shader needs a dose of BB's magic or maybe one of snarly's scripts. 

You poor spider is in desperate need of help, that is why he tried to get your attention in the shower.

Open up the back of your puter and put the spider inside and then link him to a new runtime and get at it man!!!!!!  😕

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 6:38 PM

file_487732.jpg

My right arm. There are two more spider webs on my elbows. I've heard all the questions about why they are there. Does that mean you were in prison? Are you a white supremacist? Is that how many people you killed?

The truth is, it's because I like spiders.

They call me spiderman at work, because of the tattoes and because I climb up to do jobs no one else has the guts to do. I like being 50 feet in the air in a man basket...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 9:57 PM · edited Tue, 16 October 2012 at 9:58 PM

Spiders are fine as long as they don't get in my house or on me. Then all bets are off...I'm not the kind to scoop and take outside. I tend to react and step on it first and ask questions later. LOL

Laurie

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 10:39 PM

Quote - Spiders are fine as long as they don't get in my house or on me. Then all bets are off...I'm not the kind to scoop and take outside. I tend to react and step on it first and ask questions later. LOL

Laurie

I wondered how long it would take for someone to come out and admit they squash them. I've killed Black Widows and Brown Recluse spiders in my house when I lived in Phoenix, AZ. Since I moved to Washington, I leave them alone because they eat the critters that really do 'bug' me. Pun intended.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 10:43 PM

Oh, I ain't afraid to admit it. LOL. It's a reflex ;). Brought on by screaming.

Laurie

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 11:25 PM · edited Tue, 16 October 2012 at 11:26 PM

file_487745.jpg

Even here in South Africa we also have Black Widows and Brown Recluse/Violin spiders. Mostly I leave those alone, they don't trigger a major freakout in me. Violin spider bites are really horrible though. My friend was bitten, it took for ever to heal and made a festering open wound.

Besides the rain spiders, we also have the "red roman". Not a true spider, I am told. Never mind. Looks like a spider, orangey red with hair all over, and it is aggressive. It chases moving things and bounces up and down when it feels threatened. I once jumped over entire flight of stairs because there was one of these on it, and I didn't know on which step it was.

This brilliant photo is by Hein von Horsten.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 12:05 AM

It looks like a scorpion/spider hybrid. That thing looks truly menacing...can't blame you for jumping over the stairs. LOL.

Laurie

ashley9803 ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 1:26 AM

Piffle. The indigenous and ubiquitous spider here in Sydney not only look the part, but can kill you in about 15 minutes.

Critters I find in the house I release outside, but these buggers I kill.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 5:46 AM · edited Wed, 17 October 2012 at 5:46 AM

Okay, so this doesn't apply to those of you in warmer climes perhaps... but just read this article :sad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-19962187

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 7:35 AM
Site Admin

Quote - Okay, so this doesn't apply to those of you in warmer climes perhaps... but just read this article :sad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-19962187

Spiders that stay in my house have a greater chance of dying either by being squooshed or poisoned. If I can't reach it to smoosh it I will reach for the raid.

Over the summer we went camping for a long weekend. Due to the small shower/tub  size and the even smaller hot water heater we usually don't use the tub in the camper but go to the shower room at the campground. The tub usually becomes an extra storage space. This summer when we got all set up, we found a spider in the tub that was larger than we usually have indoors. I don't know what kind is was just that it wasn't a daddy long legs. We couldn't catch it because it was too fast. We didn't have any spay to poison it with so we had an extra guest for the weekend. Every time I needed to get something out of the tub I had to look for it because if I didn't it would have bit me and been poisonous. I also had to worry that every time I used the toilet (which it a mere 3 inches from the tub) it wasn't going to jump on me and bite me just out of spite. Made for an interesting weekend.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

modus0 ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 10:49 AM

Quote - Even here in South Africa we also have Black Widows and Brown Recluse/Violin spiders. Mostly I leave those alone, they don't trigger a major freakout in me. Violin spider bites are really horrible though. My friend was bitten, it took for ever to heal and made a festering open wound.

Besides the rain spiders, we also have the "red roman". Not a true spider, I am told. Never mind. Looks like a spider, orangey red with hair all over, and it is aggressive. It chases moving things and bounces up and down when it feels threatened. I once jumped over entire flight of stairs because there was one of these on it, and I didn't know on which step it was.

This brilliant photo is by Hein von Horsten.

We've got small ones of those here in NE California. Don't see them too often inside though.

What I hate is the roughly 1-1/2 inch spiders we're always finding around the house with a primarily dark red body and black abdomen. They're too darn big and like to show up in inpleasant locations like the shower drain or on the ceiling over the bed. I typically respond by introducing them to a tissue followed immediately with the bottom of the tissue box.

Hey, here's an idea for all us Arachnophobes: watch the Arachnophobia movie for Halloween - guaranteed chills and fright!

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 2:29 PM

When I lived in Los Angeles, I never wore a pair of shoes or anything else for that matter without giving it a good shaking first. Hahahaha. Deathly afraid of black widows.

Laurie

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 5:00 PM

file_487776.jpeg

This was a friend of mine I used to see each time I went into the shed.   Sadly, she seems to have succumbed to last weekends frost... :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 5:07 PM

She probably succombed to the fact that she laid eggs and died ;). I know few that haven't cried to Charlotte's Web. Even me, and I hate spiders...hehe.

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.