Tue, Oct 22, 12:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: Can someone unemotionally state the advantages of Genesis over V4/M4 in Poser?

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2012 at 5:18 AM

It looks like the V3 and A3 autofitting has some bugs in the chest/abdomnen area (not the usual breast shrinkwrapping, but a scaling problem below the breast - see the wireframe a couple of posts above). I have seen this in a couple of outfits.
If I use the same V3 ArtemisX outfit, use crossdresser to convert it to V4, then use the auto fit to convert it to genesis, this particular problem is gone. Conversion is still not as good as with Crossdresser, but much better. Texture stretching remains an issue here and some pokethrough which Transfer active morphs does not fix

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2012 at 5:58 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Can you make Genesis content just using Poser Pro 2012.

or do you half to have D/S Pro 4.5 to make content ?

You have to use DS. Genesis is not native to Poser so Poser's tools won't make the necessary files.

This was a while back.Started to learn Blender "think it was 4 "then they changed the UI .LOL.

Started to learn D/S Pro 4 ,They made a new web Site ,Lost the forums .LOL.

Think it would be a lot of fun making content.
Think I'll make the content.Modeled in C4D ,Mapped Textured in zBrush.
Is zBrush UV Master acceptable for D/S Pro 4.5 ,Poser 9 ,Poser Pro 2012 ?
I could Map them in Blender.

Get partners to make it work in D/S Pro 4.5 ,Poser 9 ,Poser Pro 2012.

Is that a good or bad idea ?

IIRC ZBrush's UV Master is Atlas mapping. While that will work, it isn't something most of these stores will generally accept if you intend to sell it as that makes it extremely difficult to make texture sets for the clothing.  Your use of Poser will be limited to Material settings and testing, the rigging will have to be done in DAZ Studio. (Though the Transfer Utility in DS 4 Pro makes that easier than you would expect.)

I never thought about that.
Thanks for the info.
I'll use Blender Mapper.

For now.
I'm just going to make stuff for D/S Pro ,Poser.in C4D ,Blender ,zBrush.
Then that will be the end of my involvement."Maybe after I learn all this stuff it will change".

Then have my partners convert it to work in D/S Pro ,Poser.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2012 at 9:21 AM

Quote - Clothing conversion is not without problems. I have had several items which apparently do not convert to poser (looks fine in DS)

One of the more surrealistic ones is ArtemisX for V3. Here is the bodysuit after I conformed it to a V5

LOL!!!!  You know what my first reaction was?

"That is one weird looking football mascot!"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.