Thu, Sep 19, 12:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 12:07 pm)

Subject: Duplicate Error

PoppaC ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2012 at 4:55 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

Hi Peppes, Looking for some major help here with the"Duplicate Formula" message in DAZ Studio 4.  I have done all that DAZ3d has posted and still get the error.  Some of you may have had it fixed some not.  I have Installed, uninstalled, re-installed DS4 and DS4.5.  I have used the DAZ3d un-install and a 3rd party un-installer to try and remove DAZ3d - 4 & 4.5 and all its' componets so that I can have a clean new install.  I also have DAZ3 installed on the same puter and I really do not want to have to remove it as well. I have spent a lot of time with it and hate to lose it.  I had DAZ4 already working  but wanted to go up to 4.5.  The "Duplicate" error was there in 4 but I was able to work with it.  Now trying to install Hiro 5 thing have gotten worst. to the point that I cannot load any genesis at all and the Poser H5 will not even load I get just a Blink. Anny and all help is most welcomed

vitachick ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2012 at 6:34 PM

Have you tried going into the registry? Delete Daz 4.5? Something is always left behind there..

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

SickenlySweete ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2012 at 6:57 PM
PoppaC ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2012 at 7:24 PM

With a 3rd party uninstall I deleted anything and everything  that was DAZ4.x related yet there is somthing being missed, if it says DAZ4 out it went.  I am thinking that DAZ4 was tied some way to  DAZ3, and if I delete anything related to DAZ3 the it will not work.  I want to keed DAZ3 so I can keep doing 3d art.  So what am I missing to get a clean new install without the Duplicate error or having to re-formate my puter?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2012 at 8:23 AM

The duplicate formulas issue was in the very early releases of several morph sets, and turned up in an early version of DS 4.0. The fix is to reset your downloads for the affected morphs and to reinstall them - in the case of the Genesis Evolution Expressions you need to uninstall the original set first as it isn't completely overwritten by the update. This isn't a DS issue, so uninstalling and reinstalling that won't help.

PoppaC ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2012 at 9:47 AM

GOT IT  THIS SHOULD ALSO HELP WITH THE YUKY NEW h5 i AM GETTING?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2012 at 3:13 PM

Hiro 5 shouldn't be affected by this - it's only some very early stuff that suffered from it. However, it's possible that the links between the Hiro 5 correction morphs and the original morphs would be damaged, and if so then yes updating the original morphs may fix the issue.

PoppaC ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2012 at 3:42 PM

This problem has now shown up is all Genesis when ever I try to load a new bass it all turns out like this strang female fig.  I tried to load M5 and got the m5 head  but a strange female body

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 9:57 AM

Ah, did you install the Warrior princess freebie from SahreCG? That's set up so the morph is on by default - you need to find the files in your Data folder (use the original zip as a guide) and delete them to fix this.

PoppaC ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 11:28 AM

THANK YOU -THANK YOU -THANK YOU- This Fixed it I deleted everything and all data related to this and it worked   I get a male not a would be male still has strange nipples but I will see what needs to be done to fix that   So should a warning be posted on SaherCG? so that othere will not have the same problems or has worrior princess been fixed..... AND THANKS AGAIN you saved an artest from giving up

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 2:19 PM

If there isn't already a comment on the ShareCG freebie it may be a good idea to add one - if it's been fixed nothing has been said that I've noticed. The nipples are probably a similar issue, a morph that's been saved set to 1, though I've not seen reports of anything like that.

PoppaC ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2012 at 2:26 PM

I looked for her but could not find perhaps it was taken down as far as the nipples that may take time perhaps another may know where it came from

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.