Thu, Sep 19, 10:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:54 am)

Subject: DAZ figures and Poser 9 or Pro 2012

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2012 at 6:41 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 2:51 AM

Will DAZ figures like Mike 4 or Mike 5 work with Poser 9 or Poser Pro 2012? I saw a review on Amazon that Poser and DAZ figures are no longer compatible with each other? Is that true?

Thanks.

Please visit My 3D Freebies

Thank you for your patronage!

PoppaC ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2012 at 6:52 PM

I think DAZ3d has a plug-in that will allow genesis to work in poser

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2012 at 8:21 PM

I saw Poser 9 on sale for a good price and now I'm wondering if I should bother getting it or not? I don't know how to use DAZ studio and really don't feel like putting the effort into learning. I know how to use Poser but if it will not work easily with DAZ figures I wonder if it is worth me investing in or not. Apparently Poser 7 which is what I have now doesn't work on Windows 7 from what I can tell. So it's either upgrade to 9 or get out of the 3d animation business... :(

PoppaC ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2012 at 8:49 PM

I too have that free poser 7 but it does work just fine in windows 7 but then I do not want to  learn Poser as I find DEZ3d much easyer

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2012 at 9:06 PM

Hmmm. When I click the autorun feature on my Poser 7 DVD and then choose, install Poser 7 I get an error that says it needs "elevation", whatever that means.

PoppaC ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2012 at 9:46 PM

It must be somthing in an update or plug in that you do not have  I am running a 64bit win7 on a laptop and poser installed fine

prixat ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2012 at 2:57 AM

'Elevation' could mean your access rights have to be elevated from an ordinary User to an Administrator.

Have you tried installing it "as an Administrator"

regards
prixat

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2012 at 10:25 AM

I have Poser 7 installed on both of my computers in my home office.  Works fine on both, aside from not being able to access Poser on one computer if I have it up on the other.  Says it's already registered to another computer...got an email in on that one.

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2012 at 12:08 PM

Thanks, it turned out to be an "administrator" issue. I just needed to run with administrator rights.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.