Sun, Oct 6, 12:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: November Fractals Themed Challenge

Lenord ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2012 at 12:13 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:30 PM

Fractals November Theme Challenge is now OPEN

November Theme for this months Challenge selected by kareldg: Insects

• Rules -

Image must be composed of a fractal, and depict your Fractal interpretation INSECTS. Any type of Insect...Butterflies, Bees, Creepy Crawlies, Web Slingers, Real or Unreal

Any amount of postwork allowed, imported models, and or backgrounds, can be used. However the main focus of the image MUST be a Fractal. Final render must have some element of a Fractal, any Version of any Fractal application can be used, Images must not be signed, Images must be new and never posted in Renderosity Galleries before, All images must adhere to Renderosity's Terms Of Service.

Please keep the images to a maximum of 1024 x 1024 pixels and 200k max.
Thumbnails MUST be included, and must be: 100 X 100 pixels (No larger-No Smaller)

Challenge starts Wednesday, November 7th, 2012 at 12:00PM[Renderosity time].

Challenge ends Friday, November 30th, 2012 at 11:59pm[Renderosity time].

Two images are allowed per person.
Image must be a new work, and not previously posted in the gallery

-Voting-

Voting will take place after the challenge closes and is open to all members.

Voting will begin at close of the challenge December 1st at 12:00AM and will be open until Monday December 3rd, 2012 at 11:59 PM (Renderosity time).

First place winner picks the theme for the next month

Announcement of winners will be in the Fractals forum the day after Voting Closes.

OK ya'll...get to Buzzing, Fluttering, Crawling or whatever you're going to do

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

Rapesco ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2012 at 2:34 PM

What a cool theme! That could be very interesting. :laugh:

Lenord ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2012 at 3:05 PM

That's what I thought too when Karel suggested it. MB3D is made for that, really ticks me off I can't play...

dochtersions ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2012 at 4:05 PM

Yes, I go Buzzing, Fluttering, Crawling, and Spinning, or whatever :lol:

Thank for the message, Len :)

alida ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2012 at 4:06 PM

images must not be signed....but one  of  them  has the title.I think it should not  be  allowed either

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2012 at 4:26 PM

There is no stated Rule about No Titles allowed, it would be Unfair to change the Rules at this point in this challenge. If you or anyone else wish it to be so from this point forward let me know and I'll add it to the Rules but it must be a consensus, not just one member complaining. Let me hear everyones thoughts on No Titles being allowed in this thread.

Len

dochtersions ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2012 at 4:33 PM

For me it is no objection, either with or no title, Len and Alida.

Greetings, Mies.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2012 at 4:40 PM

Thank you Mies, I don't care either way is fine with me. The reason for no Sig of course is it is a Blind Contest to be judged on the image itself and not who did it and whether they are a Fav or not, it's still Blind with or without Titles.

dochtersions ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2012 at 4:52 PM

Quote - Thank you Mies, I don't care either way is fine with me. The reason for no Sig of course is it is a Blind Contest to be judged on the image itself and not who did it and whether they are a Fav or not, it's still Blind with or without Titles.

Yes, I agree, Len. I like that it's a blind contest.

alida ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2012 at 3:41 PM

thanks for the answer:one must abide by the rules.Still I'd rather not  see any sign on the image

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2012 at 8:28 AM

The November Themed Challenge Insects is now Open for Voting, be sure to get your Votes in.

Voting will close Midnight Monday Night December the 3rd.

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2012 at 8:36 AM

Phew, tough choice!
But I voted. :-)

Corrie

dochtersions ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2012 at 9:29 AM

Thanks Len for the reminder, I'd forgotten to do it.
But now we did 'the hard job' :).

Happy weekend,
Mies.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.