Mon, Aug 5, 11:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 09 7:44 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: split screen effect?

mysticeagle ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2012 at 5:26 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 2:42 PM

can anyone point me in the right direction to creating a split screen effect, so that i can display two seperate narrowed screens in the one movie window........tyvm

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

3Dave ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2012 at 10:01 AM

In Poser I'd apply both movie files as textures (ambient channel value 1) on Hi res square primitives placed side by side, sized appropraiately, delete all lights and render with IDL, scale and position of the planes can be animated in Poser too. Of course it could be done in a multi-layered video editor too. 

poisinivy ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2012 at 11:13 AM

Hi mysticeagle : )

I do spilt scenes using Adobe Premiere with 2 finshed rendered scenes in overlaying tracks., and I know Sony vaga is very easy to accomplish this effect. with any movie scenes using the left right panal changes.  so I think the easest way would be depending on the movie editor program your using. I know you can't do it wilth windows movie maker though.    and doing it trough poser will use a lot of your computer  CPU & memory resources. so if you have 6 or 8 gigs of ram you should be alright..  But for me I would create it in a movie editing program. 

Good luck and please be sure you post your finsh film here so we can see the results :)

warm regards

Ivy

mysticeagle ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2012 at 1:56 PM

thanks for the replies guys, ive done some more research and found i can accomplish it with my movie editing program using the presest masks. I do however like the poser idea, tbh it hadnt even crossed my mind. thanks again :)

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.