Sat, Sep 21, 12:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 10:07 pm)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2012 at 9:23 PM

Did a bit of playing here.  Other than messed up specularity, not sure why the hair wasn't as jet black as it should be.  Changed the straps of the swimsuit to gold metal and the cloth itself was a lace pattern turned to glass.  Added the moon and star field in post with my favorite addon.

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 5:48 AM

and congrats Amethst25 for not one.. but two staff picks of the week.

Amethst25 ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 6:48 AM · edited Tue, 11 December 2012 at 6:54 AM

Quote - and congrats Amethst25 for not one.. but two staff picks of the week.

What a nice surprise to wake up to!  Congratulations to Tollaris  for also haivng a lovely render selected as well.  

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 7:01 AM

Well done to both of you!

My DA Gallery

Tollaris ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 8:37 AM

Thank you very much. Was surprised to see it there, normally I get a site message saying one of my images was picked, but not this time.

callad ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 1:03 PM

Congrats Kimmers and Tollaris on the Staff Pick of the week! Very deserved!!

callad ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 1:04 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: "Indoor Posing" full size

Simple scene. I like how the couch turned out, not sure about the girl though.

Indoor Posing

BradHP ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 1:04 PM

Some noise I couldn't get rid of, but I wanted that gritty look anyway. 

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 1:11 PM

Quote - Simple scene. I like how the couch turned out, not sure about the girl though.

Indoor Posing

What girl :rolleyes: My eyes are fixed on the stunning couch and stockings!

My DA Gallery

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 1:12 PM

Quote - Some noise I couldn't get rid of, but I wanted that gritty look anyway. 

That is very nice, noise and all!

My DA Gallery

oddoneout ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 2:34 PM · edited Tue, 11 December 2012 at 2:35 PM

file_489382.PNG

Here's my current WIP, glad to have it finally up and rendering. It's taken me a few days jsut to set it all up with thanks to DS4 problems. Will let it go all night and day whilst I'm at work. Almost 24 hours should clear it up nicely.

Quote - Did a bit of playing here.  Other than messed up specularity, not sure why the hair wasn't as jet black as it should be.  Changed the straps of the swimsuit to gold metal and the cloth itself was a lace pattern turned to glass.  Added the moon and star field in post with my favorite addon.

Looks good, but yes too light a specular colour on the hair will wash it out, as will a light coloured transmission if you used glossy translucent.  

Quote - Simple scene. I like how the couch turned out, not sure about the girl though.

Indoor Posing

oddoneout ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 3:13 PM

So can i only edit a post once here?

Anyway, I meant to say, lovely image callad. Her right breast looks considerably bigger to me though.

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 3:28 PM

Quote - So can i only edit a post once here?

Anyway, I meant to say, lovely image callad. Her right breast looks considerably bigger to me though.

You can edit as many times as you want, within a certain timeframe. After that, you're busted :)

My DA Gallery

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 9:30 PM

Indoor Posing

Very nice! I agree the lounge came out fantastic, great posing also,

I also agree the right breast does look bigger, probably just the pose and camera angle.

Not keen on the hair, not realistic looking enough IMO

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

callad ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 12:33 AM

True, this kind of hair looks OK when the subject is not so close. Her right breast looks bigger cuz it is pressed against the couch. In 'front view it looked somewhat believeable but here from the side it looks horrible. :)

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 6:31 AM

Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town (Kenny Rogers)

You've painted up your lips
And rolled and curled your tinted hair
Ruby are you contemplating
Going out somewhere
The shadow on the wall
Tells me the sun is going down
Oh Ruby
Don't take your love to town

It wasn't me
That started that old crazy Asian war
But I was proud to go
And do my patriotic chore
And yes, it's true that
I'm not the man I used to be
Oh, Ruby I still need some company

Its hard to love a man
Whose legs are bent and paralysed
And the wants and the needs of a woman your age
Ruby I realize,
But it won't be long i've heard them say until I not around
Oh Ruby

She's leaving now cause
I just heard the slamming of the door
The way I know I've heard it slamming
Some 100 times before
And if I could move I'd get my gun
And put her in the ground
Oh Ruby

Oh Ruby for God's sake turn around

It has been awhile since I posted a render, as I have been busy creating a different scene for the last 6 weeks. I hope you like this one.

My DA Gallery

BradHP ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 10:33 AM

Quote - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town (Kenny Rogers)

Going out somewhere
The shadow on the wall
Oh Ruby

It wasn't me
But I was proud to go
And yes, it's true that

Its hard to love a man
Ruby I realize,
Oh Ruby

She's leaving now cause
Some 100 times before
Oh Ruby

It has been awhile since I posted a render, as I have been busy creating a different scene for the last 6 weeks. I hope you like this one.

Holy small details, Batman!

Is that one scene with fancy camera placement, or two scenes pasted together post? I always want to do something with that much detail, but never have the patience for it. 

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 10:44 AM

Quote - Holy small details, Batman! Is that one scene with fancy camera placement, or two scenes pasted together post? I always want to do something with that much detail, but never have the patience for it. 

Thanks!

I don't do post, unless I have to :lol: No, single scene. I removed the backwall to allow the camera to take both rooms in.

My DA Gallery

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 11:06 AM

Quote - Is that one scene with fancy camera placement, or two scenes pasted together post? 

In moviemaking that is called "setting the wall wild". The wall is so wild that can be moved around to let the camera crew shoot people moving from one room to the other. There is a great example of that in "Requiem for a dream."

Yes, Doc is a man of details, this scene is another great example of his abilities.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 11:16 AM

Anton OT question did you stay with 8 or go back to 7 I just purchased the 8 upgrade for 15 bucks but before I install it want to make sure DS Reality & lux will run hassle free. I dont mind waiting now that I have the file...

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 11:26 AM

I would suggest staying with Win 7 for the time being. Reality and Lux runs fine in Win 8, but there could be other issues. As you have it, wait a bit longer (you are not missing anything).

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 11:57 AM · edited Wed, 12 December 2012 at 11:59 AM

Quote - I would suggest staying with Win 7 for the time being. Reality and Lux runs fine in Win 8, but there could be other issues. As you have it, wait a bit longer (you are not missing anything).

Thanks I called M$ and made sure that I was able to d/L the file without having to install for when things get better.  Since the cheap offer expires in feb

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 12:23 PM

Attached Link: Approach

file_489409.jpg

Renders

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 12:25 PM

Attached Link: Reflecting

file_489410.jpg

RFreise ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 1:04 PM
Online Now!

Nice work Doc hadn't heard thet song in years brought back memories as did the Mickey Mouse TV Screen

Reggie68 ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 5:46 PM

Season's Greetings

Little edit to the snow material.

Diffuse 220:220:220

Glossiness 0

Spec 0:0:0

Coat 255:255:255 Size 0.3 Surface Fuzz On

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 10:16 PM

Indoor Posing

what couch? there's a couch?

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 10:22 PM · edited Wed, 12 December 2012 at 10:23 PM

Quote - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town (Kenny Rogers)

Going out somewhere
The shadow on the wall
Oh Ruby

It wasn't me
But I was proud to go
And yes, it's true that

Its hard to love a man
Ruby I realize,
Oh Ruby

She's leaving now cause
Some 100 times before
Oh Ruby

Great scene Doc and you catch the mood of the song quite well.  My fave KR song and I still amble around the house singing the last 2 verses.  When I was a wee yungin my mom would sing that song and play the hell out of the 45 as she was acquainted with a couple of the guys that made up the Statesiders.

edit:  doesn't the second verse say asiatic war instead of asian?  

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 10:35 PM · edited Wed, 12 December 2012 at 10:36 PM

Latest portrait I've done.  Trying some new things and working with Top Coat settings.  This one I only used them on the lips and eyes.  The lips I wanted to give them that wet and glossy look.  As for the eyes, the effect I was going for was to give a slightly smaller amount of depth to the wet look of the entire eye, then slightly deeper for the tear duct and lacrimals.  The eyes look pretty good to me so I think I pulled the effect off well.  Replaced the model's entire bump map collection with normal maps.  Think I'm going to have to decrease the intensity on the nrm maps because it took forever for her pores to get as smoothed out as they are.

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 10:43 PM

btw... school's out for a month.. managed to squeak by this quarter with a 3.5 (3.4 cumulative).  Smarty-pants wife made president's list for the 2nd time with a 4.0 for the quarter.  Love being able to show my 14yr old that yes.. his dad is a fairly smart guy.

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2012 at 9:00 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: Mo cyclops action

file_489425.jpg

The yard party

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2012 at 9:20 AM

Quote - Latest portrait I've done.  Trying some new things and working with Top Coat settings.  This one I only used them on the lips and eyes.  The lips I wanted to give them that wet and glossy look.  As for the eyes, the effect I was going for was to give a slightly smaller amount of depth to the wet look of the entire eye, then slightly deeper for the tear duct and lacrimals.  The eyes look pretty good to me so I think I pulled the effect off well.  Replaced the model's entire bump map collection with normal maps.  Think I'm going to have to decrease the intensity on the nrm maps because it took forever for her pores to get as smoothed out as they are.

Nice work!

Quote - edit:  doesn't the second verse say asiatic war instead of asian?

According to wiki:

about a paralyzed veteran of a "crazy Asian war" (given the time of its release, widely assumed but never explicitly stated to be the Vietnam War

My DA Gallery

BradHP ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2012 at 11:20 AM

Extra nerd points if you can name them all.

BradHP ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2012 at 11:43 AM

Are there any good tutotials out there for animation with Reality/Lux (and Daz in general)?  

The last time I tried with a simple animation (head turn and a smile) it crashed Lux and just gave me a neverending black screen in Daz. 

I have a pretty big idea I'm about to tackle--I want to make something that's kind of a cross between a point and click adventure and an interactive graphic novel using still images and short animations.  

I'm going to start off with a very simple program called Adventure Maker (http://www.adventuremaker.com/) and then move on to learning Unity or Torque. Or maybe I'll go totally nuts and try to figure out CryENGINE 3. 

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2012 at 8:42 PM

This is sort of on and off topic.  Since we're dealing with reality and luxrender; lighting seems to always be the key.  I've looked all over for various light temperatures and have not found anything concise on it.  Recently I acquired a book on nude and portrait photography by Helmut Newton(long time playboy photo) and he gave a list he uses as light temperatures for his work.  For natural light they are as follows:

Sunrise, sunset 3200 K
High noon 5000–5400 K
Open sky 5500–6500 K
Overcast sky 6000–7500 K
Open shade 7000–8000 K
Partly cloudy sky 8000–10,000 K
Blue sky 9000–12,000 K

And temps for his most commonly used artificial light temps:

Match 1700–1800 K
Candle 1850–1930 K
Household bulbs 2500–2900 K
Quartz/Halogen bulbs 2800–3400 K

Hope this is able to help someone.  I'm going to be experimenting a bit more to see what kind of effects I can achieve.

StevieC ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2012 at 11:26 PM · edited Thu, 13 December 2012 at 11:32 PM

Back to Reality again....took a break to do Beta testing for the Garibaldi Hair plugin, but it took too much out of my computer, and is not compatible with Reality, so I'm going to wait for the Look At My Hair product instead.....this is actually a test on the hair, which is fiber mesh, and from the Golden Age Heros set for M4, by Joequick, but no longer available.....took several days to render as fiber mesh hair eats a lot of memory, but I like the result....
Back into Reality again....took a break to do Beta testing for the Garibaldi Hair plug in, but it took too much out of my computer, and is not compatible with Reality, so I'm gonna wait for the Look At My Hair product instead.....this is actually a test on the hair, which is fiber mesh, and came from the Golden Age Heroes set for M4 by Joequick, no longer available....took several days to render, as fiber mesh hair eats a lot of memory, but I like it....

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2012 at 4:04 AM

That is nice Stevie!

My DA Gallery

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2012 at 4:07 AM

It is late, come to bed

This is probably my last render till 2013. The next one should be the scene I've been working for the past 8 weeks.

My DA Gallery

StevieC ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2012 at 6:14 AM

Quote - It is late, come to bed

This is probably my last render till 2013. The next one should be the scene I've been working for the past 8 weeks.

Thank you Doc! And once again, superb detailing on this one!

BradHP ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2012 at 12:06 PM · edited Fri, 14 December 2012 at 12:07 PM

One final X-Men render for now.  Didn't realize her hair was going through her shoulder until I added it to my gallery. 

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2012 at 12:18 PM

Quote - One final X-Men render for now.  Didn't realize her hair was going through her shoulder until I added it to my gallery. 

That is where you use bobvan's trick and postwork :lol:

I like this and the previous one :)

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2012 at 12:27 PM

Quote - > Quote - One final X-Men render for now.  Didn't realize her hair was going through her shoulder until I added it to my gallery. 

That is where you use bobvan's trick and postwork :lol:

I like this and the previous one :)

LOL yes the good ol fill tool

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2012 at 12:29 PM

Attached Link: come out

file_489455.jpg

V3 genesis I like the way Lux rendered this old freebie evo hair

59Burst ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2012 at 3:28 PM

As always, Doc, great details.  And I have absolutely no comment whatsoever about what's on the big screen.  ;-)

oddoneout ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2012 at 4:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2394434

Here's my latest in a loooong while. Had to adjust some levels to make it looka  bit smoother, I think thebump was a bit too high, which would explain the visible geometry :P

Quote - V3 genesis I like the way Lux rendered this old freebie evo hair

Kozaburo's hairs render very well in luxrender :)

callad ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2012 at 4:28 PM

Incredible details! wOw!

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2012 at 5:33 PM

Nice work!! to many animals for my tastes, It's a wonder she gets any at all, LOL.

My ex wife ruined me on lingerie, she had a different set every night, actually got old afterawhile.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

MBusch ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2012 at 10:06 PM

Amazing in every details, as usual Doc.

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2012 at 10:26 PM

Attached Link: Close up

file_489471.jpg

Close up

Amethst25 ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2012 at 7:37 AM

[quote Doctorjellybean]

It is late, come to bed

Doc,

Your last two scenes have been amazing.  I enjoy spending quite a bit of time looking at everything you put in them.   Looking forward to your next render!

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.