Thu, Sep 19, 9:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Stupid, I know, but how do you magnetize clothing for better fit?

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2012 at 4:27 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 2:15 PM

I never learned how and now I need to know how. Anyone point me to a good tut? Thanks, Sherrie

Scharmers ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2012 at 4:44 PM · edited Mon, 17 December 2012 at 4:44 PM

Nine times out of ten, you'll be using this procedure:

Load the base figure and all of its morphs.  Assume Vickie 4 here.

Make sure the base figure is selected.

Load in the clothing prop.  Load in its morph poses, if any.

Click the clothing prop, make sure its body is selected.

Apply one of the Vickie 4 magnetize clothing poses.  There's more than one pose because you have to use a different magenetize pose for each piece of clothing.

Then conform the clothing to the base figure.

That should do it.

modus0 ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2012 at 8:35 PM · edited Mon, 17 December 2012 at 8:35 PM

Quote - Apply one of the Vickie 4 magnetize clothing poses.  There's more than one pose because you have to use a different magenetize pose for each piece of clothing.

Incorrect. Those are for consecutive Victoria 4 figures in the scene. You only need to use the first, unumbered magnetize if all you have is 1 Victoria in the scene.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

JoEtzold ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2012 at 9:54 PM

Not the only incorrectness:

1. Magnetizing is only valid for character files (CR2) NOT for clothing props. (Except might be the clothing cr2's which are sorted under props as pp2 files by some stupid SM rules but normally not V4 stuff)

2. First conform these cr2 clothings to the figure, e.g. V4 and then choose the clothing !!! and execute the magnetuze pose on it. As said with only one V4 in scene everytime and for each clothing use the first pose.

3. Rest of numbered poses are foreseen for a 2., 3., ... 9. V4 in scene. BUT !!! up to Poser 8 (with V9 not sure at the moment) there is a mighty glitch in this procedure. Although each figure and character is having a unique number if loaded into scene Poser is not using this number for identifying in magnetize process but trying to do this by the external naming and this ends in magnetizing the stuff from Vickies 2 to ... against Vicky 1. So you can surely forget all magnetize poses except the first, the result is everytime the same bad.

There are 2 workarounds for this anger:

A) Load only one V4 into empty scene, add clothings and conform and magnetize. Save this as pz3. Do this with each needed Vicky. At the end load all pz3's adding to the last build Vicky. While loading pz3's Poser is renumbering it's internal stuff correctly and NOT crosslinking the magnet chains to the wrong figure.

B) Build up your scene completely and save as pz3. Then use D3D's Poser File Organizer which is having a routine to correct those wrong working magnet chains. PFO is sold here in MP. Or download the free magnetizing python script from D3D here  . If I remember right this is also working correct. Even if not this script is an advantage cause it can magnetize like the pose by choosing the clothing or it can magnetize all clothings which are conformed to the figure by choosing the figure first.

Just to clear up what is happening with magnetizing, it's no witch work. V4 is having a lot of magnets for bulging the mesh while some posing, for example pushing out the ellbows a bit while bending forearms. Magnetizings only purpose is to insert the same part of a clothing, e.g. forearm/shoulder, into the magnet chain of the underlying part of the figure to which the clothing is conformed. So this way the figure magnet is not only influencing the figure but also the conformed clothing. By internal number normally a easy task but if using not this number it gives a big mismatch and the cothing of the higher numbered Vickies are obeying to the posing of Vicky 1.

So for only one Vicky this is the only correct way:

1.  Load V4 and choose her

1. Load her clothing and conform it

2. Execute Magnetize Pose on that clothing, not on V4

3. Repeat 2. and 3. for each needed clothing

4. If all is loaded, conformed and magnetized you might pose as you wish. For more Vickies look to the workarounds above. Step 3 can be done by the D3D script as 3. or in total before step 5.

Sorrowly there might be a second problem range. There are some artists out there who are saving their stuff in magnetized behavior. But you can not see this while loading and therefor might be you magnetize twice. This mostly gives mismatch, e.g. duplication in magnet chains. In this case only D3D's Poser File Organizer is your friend to correct this and delete what is duplicated. This swiss knife of Poser world is worth its prize everytime.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 2:50 AM · edited Tue, 18 December 2012 at 2:50 AM

I was always under the impression that Magnetize Poses for conforming clothing only work properly if the clothing figure is designed with the Magnetize feature in mind.

Anyway, just did a search around the web to confirm this and have yet to find anything that mentions this particular. Any feedback on this would be appreciated...

Many times a content creator will specifically instruct the user to Magnetize in his/her ReadMe for the item.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 4:14 AM

This is why I only use dynamic cloth.

I'm just saying....

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 4:24 AM · edited Tue, 18 December 2012 at 4:25 AM

Dynamic certainly is more versatile...

cspear ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 4:28 AM

Save yourself a lot of hassle and use this.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 12:50 AM

Quote - This is why I only use dynamic cloth.

I'm just saying....

It  can be a factor.

Doric.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

drifterlee ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 8:39 AM

The bottom line is HOW do I  magnetize clothes, Is there a special button somewhere? Thanks PS I used Poser Pro 2012 SR3.

cspear ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 8:50 AM

Quote - The bottom line is HOW do I  magnetize clothes, Is there a special button somewhere? Thanks PS I used Poser Pro 2012 SR3.

There is no button, it's a pose - or a set of poses - that was suppled with V4. I never use them because it's a bit clunky.

You get them same end result with the D3D script I linked to above. You can use it in 2 ways:

1. Select the figure to which clothing is conformed and run the script; it will apply deformers to ("magnetize") all conforming clothes, and you don't have to worry about which numbered magnetize pose you should use.

2. Select a clothing item which is already conformed to a figure and run the script; it will magnetize that item of clothing only.

Another advantage of the D3D script is that you can use it on other figures such as M4, Kids4, Miki, any of the figures supplied with Poser... it can certainly help clothes stay in place when limbs are in extreme positions.

Give it a go. It's FREE.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

drifterlee ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 12:23 PM

Thanks so much!

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2012 at 11:58 AM

v4 and some other figures have joint correction deofrmers (magnets) built into the figure. These figures come with a Magnetise pose so that you can make these deformers affect conformed cltohing as well. I beleive many of the G2 figures from CP have joint magnets. None of the other DAZ gen4 figures do.

V4 has many magnetise poses, in case you have many (numbered) v4's in the scene. Generally you only need the first one.

Not all clothing makers make the clothing to be used with the joint magnets since many users dont use v4 as it was designed by DAZ. In general use the collar test - bend her collar bodypart so her arm raises. If her chest pops out of the shirt, you will need to magnetise the clothing item.

V4's breast movement morphs are almost all joint-magnet based so you must magnetise the item for these to work on the clothing. Some makers either dont realise this or dont care and create actual morphs for the movements, which can do bad things if the item is magnetised.

Poser magnets are also used to add morphs to clothing (as well as other uses), but that is a whole differrent subject.

L

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2012 at 1:31 PM

Thank you!!!!

westcat ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2017 at 2:50 AM · edited Mon, 27 November 2017 at 2:51 AM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.