Sun, Sep 22, 9:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: Cant access library

JIMMYJOHN ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 10:18 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 9:17 PM

Hello!

I m running PP 2010

When I open POSER, the library window doesn't show, instead, I get the following error message:

FAULT DETECTED - OP: appConfig

I m on holydays in a place where I dont have an internet connection.Is there a relation?

Please, help!

And happy holydays to you all.

mysticeagle ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 10:31 AM

i often use poser whilst not connected to the web, so i cant see that being the issue, has the pc you are using got adobe air installed or if installed ,updated?

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

JIMMYJOHN ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 10:47 AM

Installed, yes. Updated...not sure, no connection:-(

Thanks for the tip.

mysticeagle ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 11:00 AM

edit, rdna forums has an answer that may work...You need to adjust your firewall settings to allow the library code to access the internet or at least localhost (aka 127.0.0.1)

and

If you are not connected to the internet, you will always see the fault message, as the library ALWAYS tries to contact Content Paradise (if anyone knows how to disable this I'd apreciate it).  Usually after hitting OK, as long as your library manager has permission to access the local host (127.0.0.0) all will work fine.

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram

Carrara beta 8.5

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

geep ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 11:03 AM

hey jimmyjohn ... if you have no connection, how are U posting here? :huh:

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

JIMMYJOHN ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 11:07 AM

Great find, thanks

What's weird is that it worked for a few days without connection befor displaying the error message.

I'd also love to know how to disable it.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 1:32 PM · edited Fri, 28 December 2012 at 1:32 PM

I've had it happen using PP2010 on an airplane w/o a connection, obviously.  IIRC if you click on the 'OK' button in the  Library pane when I get the error it will proceed and function normally... I just tried it with my network card disabled and it is indeed the case.  This is the 32-bit PP2010 with the internal library...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

JIMMYJOHN ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2012 at 7:09 AM

Quote - hey jimmyjohn ... if you have no connection, how are U posting here? :huh:

Well spotted!

From a neighbour's PC, Sherlock. ;-)

JIMMYJOHN ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2012 at 7:10 AM

To keep you posted: I travelled to a WIFI zone and everything is back to norma.

geep ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2012 at 7:55 AM · edited Sat, 29 December 2012 at 7:56 AM

Quote - > Quote - hey jimmyjohn ... if you have no connection, how are U posting here? :huh:

Well spotted!

From a neighbour's PC, Sherlock. ;-)

:biggrin:

BTW - I'm glad everything is back to Norma ... BTW#2 ... Who's Norma? 😄

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

mysticeagle ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2012 at 10:18 AM

I was tempted to ask the same question Geep, but without bringing my innermost fears of a man morphed into a phone line to life, I decided to presume by his phone or something similar, but i am intrigued who norma is and why everything has gone back to her :)

Carrara beta 8.5

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

julesart ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2012 at 10:08 PM

I am connected to the internet and I have the same problem.  I am using Poser Pro2012.  The Library window comes up with that same exact message.  I have all the updated installed.  It was working fine all day until a couple of hours ago.  Now I can't do a thing with it.  Please help before I uninstall it.  Thanks :(

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.