Thu, Sep 19, 11:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: In this and other lives...

luckybears ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 5:35 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:02 PM

have I spoken on this issue a number of times. I would like to set up a rendo network so that only those who say 'Thank you' may Dl our models from free stuff. To me not saying 'thank you' is no longer an option. I am close to removing myself from rendo on this issue in perpetuity...not even returning with a smurf name.

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 5:43 PM

Personally, I tend to say thanks in forum threads, so if you haven't posted about them, I may not have said thanks.

So it's ok to say thanks in a thread - thank you for all your freebies :)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 5:48 PM

I think part of it may be that the freestuff area has a details and download button.  If you just click download, there is no place to put a thanks...you have to then click details.

Perhaps everyone should have to go to the details, to download, so they can read what the maker said, and also see the thank you form.

...but since you posted I popped over and saw that cool Conference Room, grabbed it, and posted a Thanks!

luckybears ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 5:48 PM

aproctor :)

luckybears ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 5:50 PM

3doutlaw, you are on my list of approved downloaders, and I hope I am on yours :)

PoppaC ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 5:56 PM

Sorry that you feal this way.  As I see it, what others make is so welcomed to those of us who are unable to make.  The fact that I may down load somthing you offered is not that I am not greatful, I am and I am also sure we all are.  The fact that it is being Downloaded is a way of thanking you and like what you have offered.  We are greatful for it; if we were not, we would not ever download anything you make or keep comeing back looking for your great work.  We all thank you by comeing back and useing it in our renders, your work is all over the world, if we were not greatful we would not use them.  Please re-think this as to how manny people service you and you never thank them.

luckybears ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 6:08 PM

Poppac,

I was touched by your coment: it has much logic and feeling. Sadly, I have seen only one render in rendo that used a model Lucky  made and that renderer knows me well

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 6:15 PM

I've uploaded various freebies from time to time.  And while I'm grateful whenever somebody sends me a thankyou note, I frankly I don't really care whether they do or don't, as long as they find my stuff useful!

dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

luckybears ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 6:22 PM

Hi dp,

You don't care but I do care.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 7:07 PM · edited Sat, 22 December 2012 at 7:09 PM

When someone says thank you for the stuff I make it's always nice, but I never expect or require it. And since I never go looking to see if anyone's used it, I'm ignorant of what gets done with it ;). I figure if someone can use it and they download it, that's good enough for me ;). The thanks for me is implied in the download. They must have liked it enough to bother.

I've never had an experience here so bad, so awful, so depressing that I would leave and take my stuff too. I put it up there to give away and it'll stay, even if I don't. LOL.

Laurie

luckybears ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 8:21 PM

Hi Laurie,

I do agree that that one should not expect someone who Dls from rendo to say thank you: expect it and we will be disapointed. That so few do is no longer acceptible to me. I just want to set up a network so that those few who do can get access the work, and those who can't be bothered to say 'thank you' are excluded. I am not critical of anyone who does expect thanks for thier work.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 11:23 PM · edited Sat, 22 December 2012 at 11:58 PM

Lucky,

What you decide to do on your own website concerning your free items is up to you..however Renderosity does not, and will not, require members to say thank you or give credit in order to download freestuff items uploaded here, or in the case of offsite links posted here to personal websites, the free items 'must' be available to download without a download restriction.

Im not sure what you mean by setting up a 'Rendo Network', but what it sounds like is 'recruitment' which is not allowed here.

The majority of freestuff providers give their items to simply give back to the community...which is what the spirit of 'freestuff' is intended to be for. The true spirit of giving does not come with a string, nor given with the expectation of getting something in return.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

TheHalfdragon ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2012 at 2:04 AM

wow i haven't even seen much of your freebies lucky sorry to hear you haven't been given thankx for them it may be hat i may not have an interest in them when i look but i'm sure i would say thanx maybe a week later after i've used it.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2012 at 11:40 AM

What jumpstartme2 is right on....freebies should be freely given with no strings attached or in My Humble Opinion are not in truth freebies as there's a price attached even tho it's a simple text message...still  something you have to do to get it, and that makes it not really free.

So to re emphasize what jumpstartme2 said I quote from her post with my emphasis:

*The majority of freestuff providers give their items to simply give back to the community...which is what the spirit of 'freestuff' is intended to be for. The true spirit of giving **does not come with a string, nor given with the expectation of getting something in return. ***

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2012 at 4:37 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

lucky, thx fr yr excellent freebies and have an happy Xmas!  my hope for the medallion is to add six prong-legs, that it might clasp onto the girl's chest, as in "resident evil".  assuming I can ever get any free time, mind ye.

nude girl in temple of beer with sword and luckybears medallion
the gem in the medallion uses the same gem shader as the sword, but one has to zoom in to see it.

luckybears ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 6:51 PM

Nancy: the meddallion looks much better than in the image I did of it so I'm going to apply that shader tree to rather than the image I used. TY :)

To the admins who replied:

1.The internet does not appear to have demanded that normal social responses are required. In Britain that assumption is  now being challenged and I support that movement. A normal social respomse to accepting a gift is to say 'Thank you'. Another normal response is to protest when some something unpleasant is presented to you, such as a thumbnail in free stuff of half naked women.

1. What are you on about 'recruitmnent'? Are ideas not even allowed on rendo?

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2012 at 9:27 PM · edited Mon, 31 December 2012 at 9:28 PM

Well, we'll agree to disagree then Apple. If I want thank you's for everything I upload I may as well sell it...it's the same as asking a price for a free item. Free is free (well, not everything is of course...lol....but in this case, it is or should be). Perhaps you should consider putting your freebies off site where you can ask what you seem to require.

As for half naked women - if that offends you, you are REALLY coming to the wrong place then. LOL. In that case perhaps you should look for a G rated Poser site - if you can find one. I wish you luck on that...lol.

Laurie

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2013 at 12:50 PM

Lucky,

We've been through this before. What you choose to require on your own site is up to you..however demanding such things here on Renderosity is not going to happen. Thank you's are nice, but they are not required.

By 'recruitment' I mean you are not allowed to come to Renderosity and try to get members here to form a 'thank you posse'

If you upload here, or if you link from this forum to your site freebies, the downloads must be free and free from restrictions to get said download.

If you want to restrict your free items to those who only say thank you, you are free to do so..however you will need to advertise those download links elsewhere.

~Jani

PoppaC ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2013 at 1:11 PM

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin    Thank you for trying to stop this Childish stuff

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2013 at 1:26 PM

YW PoppaC :)

I totally get the idea of thank you's, but I also live in reality, and its not a perfect world by a long shot.

I was raised to give..and not expect a return...and that includes thank you's LOL

I have some crappy freebies, but I give them with minimum requirements..{ I have 3..dont sell em, redistribute them, or claim you made 'em}

I have had a couple peeps show me what they did with some of them, and thats cool..I like seeing that, but I don't require it..the download itself tells me they are useful for something..no matter how crappy I think they are hehehe and thats good enough for me :)

I try to give credit when I use something I have gotten from freebies, because that is also a nice thing to do..IF I can remember where I got it from...which is becoming more difficult LOL

~Jani

PoppaC ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2013 at 1:38 PM

Another thanks to you.  I do wished I could create somthing to give to all the 3d Artest as I know they would be so greatfull not to have to make the item and can just use it to creat great Art even if no one ever see it.

luckybears ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2013 at 3:16 PM

Ok then, clearly I am in the wrong place. You may delete my account, admins.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2013 at 4:03 PM

lucky, no need to act in haste.  perhaps they only desire what our french cousins call noblesse oblige.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2013 at 5:57 PM

No let her go...she seems to come back, debate this type of thing (with the same result every time), delete all her toys and goes home. It's really silly and getting old.

Laurie

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2013 at 6:00 PM

to quote a bowl of petunia's

Oh No. Not again.

Daidalos ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2013 at 11:32 PM · edited Thu, 03 January 2013 at 11:37 PM

Quote - No let her go...she seems to come back, debate this type of thing (with the same result every time), delete all her toys and goes home. It's really silly and getting old.

Laurie

Yep hit the nail right on the head...As an old old time veteran...

Get a friggin life if  you post it here in the freestuff you put it up for free, free means free, it's not free if you attach strings to obtaining the item.

If  you want praise and someone to pat you on the hiney and bow down and kiss your backside because you put some junk up in the freestuff, go some place else not happening here sister.

"The Blood is the life!"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.