Sun, Oct 6, 6:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 2:10 pm)

Subject: .duf and InterPoser

Warangel ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2013 at 8:48 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:41 AM

So, I may have made a mistake in upgrading to DAZ 4.5.

Interposer doesn't recognize .duf of course and for the life of me I can't figure out how to save as a .daz file now.

I can still export as .obj but then nothing is textured when I import via Interposer which is something I enjoyed previously. Made life MUCH easier.

Any ideas please?

26Fahrenheit ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2013 at 8:52 AM

INTERPOSER ? afaik DUF has to do with DSON ...

So your explaining and in such the problem is unclaer to me..

and i never evr hear of interposer ..and im in this since poser 3  :}

HERE are my FREEBEE's

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2013 at 10:01 AM

Interposer is an importer fro Cinema 4D - I wasn't aware, but from the question it appears it was able to read .daz files (which is surprising as the format never had official documentation). DSON does have docuemntation, so with luck the importer will be updated to handle it. Unfortunately, in the meantime, there isn't a way to save .daz from DS 4.5.

Warangel ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2013 at 10:22 AM

That is correct. Interposer takes DAZ files and puts them in C4D, fully rigged and textured.

Guess I'll have to hope he updates the plugin.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2013 at 11:22 AM · edited Sat, 05 January 2013 at 11:24 AM

@Warangel - Out of curiousity, what version of Interposer & C4D are you using?  Like Richard, I wasn't aware it read .daz files either.

I hope Robert (Kurooyume) will update IPPro to read DUF files as well.

@26Fahrenheit - FYI: InterPoser and Interposer Pro are located at:

http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/interposer-pro/

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

Warangel ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2013 at 12:52 PM

I use Interposer Ltd (the free one) with C4D r13.

The first menu item is Load DAZ Studio. It's been a saving grace since I switched from Poser to DAZ Studio back with Studio 3.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2013 at 1:08 PM · edited Sat, 05 January 2013 at 1:08 PM

Thanks Warangel.  That is something I wansn't aware of.  I use C4D r12 (upgrading to r14 soon) with IPPro and never tried an import from a .daz file, I always imported a .cr2 file and animated in C4D.

You made my day! :)

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

prixat ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2013 at 6:17 AM
Online Now!

I remember the subtle hints in another thread a while back and a post on his blog, I think he's started on Intergenesis.

Hopefully, the existence of the DSON importer means DAZ have finally stopped tinkering with the DUF/DSF format. (At least long enough for people to actually write something.)

Has anyone heard heard anything since?

regards
prixat

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.